Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 16:44   #4486
Distinguished - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I would not reccomend the option 1 because of bad roads between Thrissur and Avinashi and again 6 laning in progress between Krishnagiri and Vellore.

Option 2,there is 6 laning in progress around Dindigul,yet another option is to link to your option 2 via Salem. (Kochi-Wadakancheri-Alathur-Pollachi-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet-Chennai)
Wow! Thanks. That was pretty helpful. Any idea how bad is the krishnagiri- vellore stretch and how good is the Salem- Attur- Ulundurpet stretch?
Old 11th December 2012, 17:04   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wow! Thanks. That was pretty helpful. Any idea how bad is the krishnagiri- vellore stretch and how good is the Salem- Attur- Ulundurpet stretch?
This thread has all the details.Salem Attur Ulundurpet is very good and is the preferred route for people driving from Chennai to Kerala now a days

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-route-10.html
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 21:28   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Re-tarring was going on in some of these sections and may be we will see better roads in couple of weeks.
I have seen the re-tarring works happening at Haripad-Kayamkulam stretch while i was travelling back to Trivandrum on 25th Nov. I thought with in one or two weeks from that time the road condition would be excellent. But still the work is ongoing.
Old 12th December 2012, 07:22   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Instead of turning off right to Munnar after Theni town, continue straight on NH220 towards Kumili & Kottayam. Straightforward route, one road all the way to Kottayam.

Route is as follows:
Theni-Kambam-Kumili-Kuttikanam-Mundakayam-Kanjirapally-Kottayam
Thanks a ton. This looks to be a pretty straightforward drive. Any guesses on what would be the total travel time? I am planning to start from Chennai by 04:00 AM. Would I be able to reach Kumarakom by 04:00 PM with atleast 3 to 4 breaks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate View Post
In Kottayam turn right after you pass the Collectorate (police manned mini circle) and then keep straight on till the next police manned circle a 100 metres away and continue straight so that you pass the Railway station and head on to the next mini circle where you turn left and then keep straight till you reach yet another police manned mini circle where you turn right and you are then on the Kottayam - Kumarakom road, the destination being 16 Km away.
Wow, that's some pretty detailed info. I will take a print-out of this and follow it when there. I have experienced Kottayam traffic and it's pretty horrible some times.
Old 12th December 2012, 18:19   #4490
BHPian

I am planning drive to my native(Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Nagerhole-Kutta-Mananthavady) on this Tomorrow afternoon.
Anybody know the latest situation in Bangalore - Mysore route after the supreme court directive??? If issues/protests still exist, I need to plan my route thorough Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-C'Nagara-Gundlupet-S.Bathery.
Any help
Old 13th December 2012, 11:02   #4491
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Kochi- Kollam- Kochi yesterday. The retaring work is still in progress near kayankulam. The roads are not potholed but the surface is broken for 10 Kms near kayankulam. Approaching from Kochi, 7 kms short, the broken roads start and it extends to 3 Kms after Kayankulam.
There are some potholes on the Ambalapuzha Junction. Other than these, the road condition was generally good. Expect traffic clogs at Karunagappally for no rhyme or reason
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 00:21   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Planning a road trip from Coimbatore to Kochi on the 23rd or 24th which is the recommended route with the best roads?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 14th December 2012 at 00:28.
Old 14th December 2012, 00:40   #4493
BHPian

Suggest you avoid Kuthiran as the road condition is still bad and traffic jams unpredictable.
Better go through the Palakkad- Shoranur- Trichur route.
Search this thread, there are a number of google map links for the above route, if you are not sure!
Old 14th December 2012, 11:18   #4494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Planning a road trip from Coimbatore to Kochi on the 23rd or 24th which is the recommended route with the best roads?
CBE-Palakkad-Ottapalam-Shoranur-Wadakancheri-Thrissur-NH47-Chalakudy-Angamaly-Aluva-Kochi.Avoid Palakkad-Thrissur totally.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:26   #4495
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm driving to Blore during Xmas week. I plan to use the usual route Kochi-Thrissur-Palghat-Coimbatore-Salem-Hosur-Blore. I know this route is not recommended but I wish to stay on this route as it's quite familiar and it's a single straight road.

I havent used any other alternative routes and doubt that i will take more time to reach Blore. Can someone confirm the best route since in case I plan to take this new route I will totally depend on GPS.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 14th December 2012 at 12:31.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:43   #4496
BHPian

Hi What would be the best route to Thrissur from Bangalore.

I know only of Bangalore - CBE - Palghat - Thrissur. Reading on this forum I am thinking of going to Thrissur Via Wadakencheri.
Any other suggestions. The biggest priority is good roads with least traffic.
Old 14th December 2012, 13:04   #4497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
Hi What would be the best route to Thrissur from Bangalore.

I know only of Bangalore - CBE - Palghat - Thrissur. Reading on this forum I am thinking of going to Thrissur Via Wadakencheri.
Any other suggestions. The biggest priority is good roads with least traffic.
From Palakkad : Ottapalam-Shornur-Wadakkacherry-Trichur.

Thats the better compared to NH47.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 14:57   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
From Palakkad : Ottapalam-Shornur-Wadakkacherry-Trichur.

Thats the better compared to NH47.
Thanks Ampere, so the Bangalore - CBE - Palghat route would still be the best option in terms of good roads to reach thrissur? I have actually heard of road work going on in this stretch and hence the question
Old 14th December 2012, 15:48   #4499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ampere, so the Bangalore - CBE - Palghat route would still be the best option in terms of good roads to reach thrissur? I have actually heard of road work going on in this stretch and hence the question
The best route is perundurai pollachi kollengode alathur pazhayanur chelakara wadakancheri thrissur.my regular route.good roads throughout

https://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?ms...5fd49d0c&msa=0
Old 14th December 2012, 16:25   #4500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry. Since you asked about Palakkad-Trichur I mentioned about Ottapalam.
Else as Ranjit mentioned, its really good to go via Perundurai (exit NH47)-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Kollgode-Alathur-Pazhayanur-Wadakacherry-Trichur.

The only traffic on this road would be crossing Pollachi. But I think that should be fine. But do ask people in town for road to Kollegode.

Most Viewed