Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 08:10   #8566
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Drove back to Bangalore from chalakudy last Sunday under heavy rain.

You shouldnt find much issues at 10 am around walayar.
Thank you. In all probability, will sticking to Kuthiran then and will look out for potholes.

--Anoop
Old 15th May 2015, 09:58   #8567
Senior - BHPian

Weathermen had predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall throughout KL and Lakshadweep.

So one might find a different road condition for the same road in the return journey!
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 10:33   #8568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Weathermen had predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall throughout KL and Lakshadweep.

So one might find a different road condition for the same road in the return journey!
He's been predicting that for a few days now. On the ground its just drizzling at EKM. That's what folks back home have been saying

Even I'm travelling to Kerala this weekend. Everyone is saying the Palakkad - Trissur stretch is a smooth drive. Will definitely keep an eye open for the bad roads mentioned at Kuthiran. Based on the drive down, I'll decided on the route back.
Old 15th May 2015, 11:03   #8569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
He's been predicting that for a few days now. On the ground its just drizzling at EKM. That's what folks back home have been saying

Even I'm travelling to Kerala this weekend. Everyone is saying the Palakkad - Trissur stretch is a smooth drive. Will definitely keep an eye open for the bad roads mentioned at Kuthiran. Based on the drive down, I'll decided on the route back.
I will be travelling to Munnar next Friday. When I contacted the hotel manager to find out if it was raining in Munnar, he said it is not raining.
Old 15th May 2015, 11:31   #8570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
My family - who's just back from Perumbavur area near Ernakulam - had the entire last week of their vacation washed out by pre-seasonal torrential rains last week.
Old 15th May 2015, 13:54   #8571
BHPian

Hi,
Will be traveling to TVM from Bangalore in the coming week. Google Maps is showing to take a deviation at Aralvaimozhi and go towards Bhootapandi to Vellarada and join NH47 at Arrikadamukku thus completely bypassing the Nagercoil-Marthandam-Balaramapuram stretch. Need suggestions on which route to take for this stretch. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th May 2015, 14:37   #8572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My family - who's just back from Perumbavur area near Ernakulam - had the entire last week of their vacation washed out by pre-seasonal torrential rains last week.
IIRC, from Kodanad, right? Then no wonder about the rains. By the time cloud forms at other places, it would have started raining at Kodanad.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 14:46   #8573
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Remember reading in today's newspaper that the monsoons are expected to hit Kerala coast few days earlier, sometime around end of May.
With so much pre-season rain already, I just hope the roads hold up
Old 15th May 2015, 15:52   #8574
Senior - BHPian

What is the condition of the Kumili-Kottayam road? Planning to take it next week, coming from Chennai. Also insight on the Cumbum-Theni roads also will be helpful.
Old 15th May 2015, 17:25   #8575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
What is the condition of the Kumili-Kottayam road? Planning to take it next week, coming from Chennai. Also insight on the Cumbum-Theni roads also will be helpful.
Took Dindigul-Theni-Kumily route to Sabarimala around last november... the roads near & inside towns like Vathalagundu, periyakulam, theni, cumbum etc were in very bad shape. Rest of the stretch was OK.
Kerala side roads were in very good shape. No problems there.

Please note that my update is 6 months old.
Old 15th May 2015, 17:32   #8576
BHPian

I took this road on may 3 returnung5 from kottayam to chennai. Roads after kumili are not that good. It will slow you down,mostly around towns. But still manageable. Kerala side roads are very good.
joecherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 17:50   #8577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I took this road on may 3 returnung5 from kottayam to chennai. Roads after kumili are not that good. It will slow you down,mostly around towns. But still manageable. Kerala side roads are very good.
Last time I went in circles in Tiruchy. Any idea how to connect from Chennai road to Dindigul road and also return. Maps were not useful.
Old 15th May 2015, 18:20   #8578
BHPian

Quote:
Last time I went in circles in Tiruchy. Any idea how to connect from Chennai road to Dindigul road and also return. Maps were not useful.
You can try this route to reach Dindigul road. https://goo.gl/maps/KWF3y
Old 15th May 2015, 18:47   #8579
Senior - BHPian

Also let me know the condition between Kozhencherry-Pathanmthitta-Adoor-Kottarakara. Any better route from Kozhencherry to Kottarakara?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 15th May 2015 at 18:51.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:05   #8580
BHPian

Quote:
the best route to bypass trichy is to follow this route
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Bi...46!2d9.6183156

follow this till it asks you to deviate from NH45 and then on to a very narrow road. Dont be scared but then this will quickly put you on to the Dindigul road. Only thing is, there is a railway crossing on this route.

I took this while coming back (at around 9 PM) and the road was very deserted but then not that long. I guess it is around 3 kms from the point you leave Nh45 and join Dindigul road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks