Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 23:14   #9421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cochin - Trivandrum

Shertalla -Tvm road is getting re-tarred and I think its almost done. Road marking is missing in most of the places coz of this.

Avoid MC for now and use NH. Enjoy the road while it lasts!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 00:05   #9422
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Can someone guide me route info from Pollachi to koothattukulam?
Old 6th April 2016, 01:02   #9423
BHPian

Do we need to take a PUC certificate if the vehicle is less than 1 year old? Or PUC needs to be taken irrespective of the age of the car?
Old 6th April 2016, 01:29   #9424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Do we need to take a PUC certificate if the vehicle is less than 1 year old? Or PUC needs to be taken irrespective of the age of the car?
Its not required for the first year. After that you will have to take this certificate every 6 months.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 06:50   #9425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Can someone guide me route info from Pollachi to koothattukulam?
1. Take Pollachi-Palakkad road and join NH 47 near Palakkad.

2. Take NH 47 for about 100 km till Angamali.

3. Turn off NH 47 to take MC Road. Go through the towns of Perumbavur and Moovattupuzha. At the latter follow directions to Kottayam. Koothattukulam is about 50 km from Angamali.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:03   #9426
BHPian

Quick update for people going Kerala via Salem-Combatore-Palakkad.

2lane road between Omalur and Edapppady is in really good condition (Thanks to TN elections :-D) which you can take to byepass the Salem town byepass which is always crowded and also you can skip 2 tolls before Salem (near Periyar university) and one after Salem (near Saravana Bhavan/Traveller Inn and all)

Also this 2 lane is really refreshing if incase you are travelling in extreme hot sun during the noon time and if you feel sleepy at the wheel, take a detour out from the effortless highway to this route, and I used to do the same when near to this place. Almost all time will be starting from Kottayam, my native by early morning 4.30 to Bangalore and by the time I pass Bhavani, sun will be in full swing, though AC works efficiently u ll feel tiredness and sleepy cz of Sun hitting laps and hands through the windshield on TN roads.
Attaching some pics too which I clicked on 3rd April 2016 while coming from native to Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-capture.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20160403_123310.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20160403_123313.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20160403_124345.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-rsz_img_20160403_125145.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-rsz_1img_20160403_125147.jpg  

Last edited by Bibin : 6th April 2016 at 10:14.
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:54   #9427
BHPian

I plan to drive from Mumbai to Kerala-Perinthalmanna end of this month. I will be driving alone. I have some work at Mangalore, so i plan to go via Mangalore. If i start around 4.30 a.m. from Mumbai is it realistically possible to each Mangalore by around 7 p.m.. Since i am travelling alone i need only take quick breaks.

Also which will be the best route to take till Mangalore and how are the road conditions
Old 6th April 2016, 15:01   #9428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I plan to drive from Mumbai to Kerala-Perinthalmanna end of this month. I will be driving alone. I have some work at Mangalore, so i plan to go via Mangalore. If i start around 4.30 a.m. from Mumbai is it realistically possible to each Mangalore by around 7 p.m.. Since i am travelling alone i need only take quick breaks.

Also which will be the best route to take till Mangalore and how are the road conditions
Take the nh4 route till hubli and then the nh63 via yellapur till baleguli cross and onwards to kumta kundapura and Mangalore,you should be in Mangalore by 8_9pm depending on the number of breaks and traffic jams you encounter.it's going to be one long tiring summer drive budget for 11-12hrs to kumta and another 5hrs to Mangalore from kumta.

https://goo.gl/maps/mB5oJmehycw

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 6th April 2016 at 15:05.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 06:48   #9429
BHPian

Hi
I am planning a road trip from Chennai to Guruvayur on April 9th and want advice on the best routes to take.

While Chennai to Palakkad is recommended by others in the forum, I am undecided on the following options from Palakkad to Guruvayur-

1. Palakad-Ottapalam-Shornur-Wadakkanchery-Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur

2. Palakad- Thrissur-Guruvayur

Request advise on the best route for the palakkad-guruvayur segment, criteria being good tarmac, 4 lane highway.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th April 2016, 08:01   #9430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Hi
I am planning a road trip from Chennai to Guruvayur on April 9th and want advice on the best routes to take.

While Chennai to Palakkad is recommended by others in the forum, I am undecided on the following options from Palakkad to Guruvayur-

Request advise on the best route for the palakkad-guruvayur segment, criteria being good tarmac, 4 lane highway.

Route 2 is faster and beyond Palakkad towards Thrissur it would be only 2 lane and roads would be average.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2016 at 18:41. Reason: reduced spaces from quoted post
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:14   #9431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think turning towards Wadakkanchery is a good idea; from Kulappully (where a left at a T-junction takes you towards Shornur) going straight towards Pattambi, then Kunnamkulam and Guruvayur works out better in terms of road quality and traffic. Idea is to avoid Thrissur city and suburbs/commuter towns.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:52   #9432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Thanks in advance
My suggestion would be to stick to the regular nh47 route,palakkad vadakencheri is 4 laned now and takes about 20_25mins,the only suspect section is between vadakencheri and mannuthy which you should be able to cover in about 40mins.Rest of the roads are all good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:58   #9433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Stick to this route. Like the others have said, except for the Vadakkancherry/Mannuthy stretch, it should be fairly good. Of course, the Trichur/Guruvayur stretch (in parts) is not too wide and can be pretty congested.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:18   #9434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Take the nh4 route till hubli and then the nh63 via yellapur till baleguli cross and onwards to kumta kundapura and Mangalore,you should be in Mangalore by 8_9pm depending on the number of breaks and traffic jams you encounter.it's going to be one long tiring summer drive budget for 11-12hrs to kumta and another 5hrs to Mangalore from kumta.

https://goo.gl/maps/mB5oJmehycw

Thanks Ranjit. How is the road from Hubli onward in terms of quality of surface and also traffic.

Also what about the Pune-Kolhapur stretch, there were a lot of flyovers under construction when i travelled around an year and a half back. Is it complete now?
Old 7th April 2016, 17:52   #9435
BHPian

Can someone help with the below queries
Latest road condition on Chennai -Kottayam via Trichi-Kumili route ?
What will be the best route from Ettumanoor to Sabarimala ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks