Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 14:29   #10891
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

With two or three persons working on the Kuthiran tunnel, don't expect it to be open for a couple of years at least. I have passed through it several times in the last few months and have not seen any great activity going on.
The progress of infrastructure development in Kerala is very slow, and nobody seems to be in any great hurry to complete it. Trivandrum is plagued with dug up roads courtesy of Kerala Water Authority who are replacing the water pipes. The already narrow roads of the city have become narrower by more than half.
Old 23rd November 2017, 07:59   #10892
BHPian

Which is the best way to get out of Bangalore towards Thrissur via Salem at 4 PM from Vydehi Hospital Whitefield?
Will that be Hope Farm ~ Thirumalshettyhalli ~ ChikkaThirupathi ~ Bagalur ~ Hosur or
Varathur ~ Gunjur ~ Sarjapur ~ Atiibele ~ Hosur or
Varathur ~ Gunjur ~ Sarjapur ~ Bagalur ~ Hosur.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:23   #10893
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Which is the best way to get out of Bangalore towards Thrissur via Salem at 4 PM from Vydehi Hospital Whitefield?
Will that be Hope Farm ~ Thirumalshettyhalli ~ ChikkaThirupathi ~ Bagalur ~ Hosur or
I think Chikka Tirupathi route will be best, it will give you the most consistent timing and you also reach Hosur directly bypassing BETL and Attibele tolls and the Hosur road traffic. From Vydehi you can get to Hope farm junction easily and then proceed towards Chikka Tirupathi.
The other routes have many potential choke points.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd November 2017 at 09:24.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:42   #10894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
With two or three persons working on the Kuthiran tunnel, don't expect it to be open for a couple of years at least. I have passed through it several times in the last few months and have not seen any great activity going on.
The progress of infrastructure development in Kerala is very slow, and nobody seems to be in any great hurry to complete it. Trivandrum is plagued with dug up roads courtesy of Kerala Water Authority who are replacing the water pipes. The already narrow roads of the city have become narrower by more than half.
From what i understand they are trying to finish it on a war footing, with a estimate to inaugrate the tunnel by January 2018, when it is actually due. i passed through that sector just a couple of days back and the sector is quite smooth compared to what it was a few months back. The sector from Mannuthy to Vadakencherry is amost 8o percent complete.
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:45   #10895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think Chikka Tirupathi route will be best, it will give you the most consistent timing and you also reach Hosur directly bypassing BETL and Attibele tolls and the Hosur road traffic. From Vydehi you can get to Hope farm junction easily and then proceed towards Chikka Tirupathi.
The other routes have many potential choke points.
There is pipe lining work happening in ChannaSandra main road resulting in huge blocks. Check traffic conditions before venturing
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:58   #10896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
i would prefer Varthur - Gunjur -Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur. This is my regular route from Whitefield. It's 4 -5 kms longer than Attibele but you can avoid Attibele toll booth and the congestion at check post.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:04   #10897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
From what i understand they are trying to finish it on a war footing, with a estimate to inaugrate the tunnel by January 2018, when it is actually due..
Hope they really take it up seriously and complete the work.

Last edited by navin : 23rd November 2017 at 11:20.
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:10   #10898
BHPian

Quote:
I think Chikka Tirupathi route will be best,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
There is pipe lining work happening in ChannaSandra main road resulting in huge blocks. Check traffic conditions before venturing
Thank you for the input folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
i would prefer Varthur - Gunjur -Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur. This is my regular route from Whitefield. It's 4 -5 kms longer than Attibele but you can avoid Attibele toll booth and the congestion at check post.
One of my friend who travels to Chennai on every weekend from Belandur at 4 PM suggested me this route for the same reason you mentioned, I was wondering will Chikkatirupathi helps since my origin is from Whitefield side.
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:21   #10899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the input folks

One of my friend who travels to Chennai on every weekend from Belandur at 4 PM suggested me this route for the same reason you mentioned, I was wondering will Chikkatirupathi helps since my origin is from Whitefield side.
Chikkatirupathi route is longer. Also, the road is dug up for pipe line work. Hence avoid it.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:38   #10900
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
There is pipe lining work happening in ChannaSandra main road resulting in huge blocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Chikkatirupathi route is longer. Also, the road is dug up for pipe line work.
Thanks guys, wasn't aware of this pipeline work.

Though longer, this route is usually consistent in terms of time taken for Hope Farm-Hosur stretch and generally low on traffic and no signals. But with the pipeline work in progress, maybe good to avoid.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd November 2017 at 10:49.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:03   #10901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Though longer, this route is usually consistent in terms of time taken for Hope Farm-Hosur stretch and generally low on traffic and no signals. But with the pipeline work in progress, maybe good to avoid.
Hope farm junction is also quite bad these days due to Metro work.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:19   #10902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
Chikkathirupathi route is longer by 12km and takes more time from Vydehi. I have tried this route multiple times. Also this road reaches Bagalur from north and can waste few more minutes crossing Bagalur town.

My pick will be Gunjur = Sarjapur - Bagalur road unless google map shows long blocks at the time of start.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 10:57   #10903
BHPian

Planning a journey from kozhikode to kottayam next friday around 2:00PM. Below are the routes in mind along with the concerns. Appreciate advice from fellow bhpians who travelled through these roads recently. Any other good routes are also appreciated.

1. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Kalamassery - Kakkanad via Seaport Airport Road - Chottanikkara - Mulanthuruthy - Kanjiramattam - Kottayam. How is the condition of kalamassery - kanjiramattom stretch as per this route?

2. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Ankamali - Muvattupuzha - Kottayam. How is the road from ankamali to kottayam?

3. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Vytilla - Kottayam. In my upcoming travel, expecting to be in the ankamali - vytilla stretch by 6 or 6:30 and expecting peak traffic, hence not preferred. Could anybody confirm ?
Old 24th November 2017, 11:03   #10904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
1. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Kalamassery - Kakkanad via Seaport Airport Road - Chottanikkara - Mulanthuruthy - Kanjiramattam - Kottayam. How is the condition of kalamassery - kanjiramattom stretch as per this route?

2. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Ankamali - Muvattupuzha - Kottayam. How is the road from ankamali to kottayam?

3. Kozhikode - Kuttipuram - Thissur - Vytilla - Kottayam. In my upcoming travel, expecting to be in the ankamali - vytilla stretch by 6 or 6:30 and expecting peak traffic, hence not preferred. Could anybody confirm ?
Do note that there will be heavy traffic along seaport-airport road, Tripunithara, Vytilla as new diversions will be set as a part of the construction of the Vytilla flyover. As per reports, this will be imposed from tomorrow. Heavy vehicles will be routed via seaport-airport road.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 11:38   #10905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Do note that there will be heavy traffic along seaport-airport road, Tripunithara, Vytilla as new diversions will be set as a part of the construction of the Vytilla flyover. As per reports, this will be imposed from tomorrow. Heavy vehicles will be routed via seaport-airport road.
What is the timeline of completion? Please do share further news on this when it is available.

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks