Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 23:12   #11431
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
As if the Coimbatore L&T by-pass road wasn't any bad, now we have to show the toll slip to the booth-staff for scanning! No more tucking the slip in the windshield.

Why, even otherwise they used to enter the vehicle number into their computer to find out whether the vehicle is logged in the system on that day. What changed, to actually "scan" ?
Old 28th July 2018, 11:04   #11432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
As if the Coimbatore L&T by-pass road wasn't any bad, now we have to show the toll slip to the booth-staff for scanning! No more tucking the slip in the windshield.
Since when was this? It was not the case when I traveled a week before?
Why do they want to add more pain?
Old 28th July 2018, 11:44   #11433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Since when was this? It was not the case when I traveled a week before?
Not sure since when. I drove to Palakkad from Madras yesterday.

Man, this stretch has become a big pain to drive! Is their contract till 2021 or something?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th July 2018 at 11:45.
Old 29th July 2018, 15:12   #11434
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it's a random thing, last weekend when I took L&T byepass, few of the booths specifically asked me to handover receipt for scanning, however few other's didn't.

And as NPV mentioned, the 50kmph limit on KL side is at junctions, ideally those should be junction ahead boards. Speed limit on that route is 90kmph else.
Old 31st July 2018, 15:04   #11435
BHPian

Hi !
I'm planning a drive by end of August from Kochi to Mangalore (Kollur actually) and back. I would like to know how the roads are at the moment and what route to take. I would be driving with whole family so maybe I can take a break at night by staying over at a hotel.
Vehicle I'll be using is the Fortuner 3.0 and would like to drive during the day because I have never driven beyond Calicut. But I'm open to suggestions though. Any help at all would be appreciated !
Old 1st August 2018, 08:48   #11436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hi !
I'm planning a drive by end of August from Kochi to Mangalore ....
I did this route in May first week on my way to Goa from Kochi. Started from Kochi at 4 am and reached Ramanattukara at 7.30 am. And could reach Mangalore only by 4 pm with 2 food breaks. Roads were good at that time but mostly narrow after Calicut with heavy traffic, that's why it took some much time to cover Calicut - Mangalore section.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 18:58   #11437
BHPian

Please advise.
Bangalore to Munnar : Traveling on Saturday, with kid and wife, so would end up taking lot of breaks, need good options of food enroute.
Return would be from Idukki to Mysore, please suggest road in best shape with above requirements. Highways are preferred in both cases.
Thanks much.
Old 1st August 2018, 19:20   #11438
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Bangalore to Munnar : Traveling on Saturday, with kid and wife, so would end up taking lot of breaks, need good options of food enroute.
Not sure if you're heading towards Chinnakanal where Club Mahindra, Sterling etc are located. I remember reading about some road work on that route via Theni-Bodi.
However, if you're heading to Munnar town, you can still use the Bangalore-Avinashi bypass-Mangalam-Pollachi (bypass)-Udumalaipettai-Marayoor-Munnar.

For your return from Idukki to Mysore you can do Idukki-Munnar-Marayoor-Udumalaipettai-Pollachi-Mangalam-Avinashi (retrace your onward route till here). Then, you can go via Bhavanisagar-Dhimbam-Hasanur-Chamarajanagar-Mysore

*Edit:as @binand mentioned do keep a watch on the rain situation. There was also some news about a possible release of water from Idukki dam and the authorities apparently do not have sufficient data/documents to see what could be the impact to the riparian regions due to various encroachments, etc. Scary actually!

Last edited by NPV : 1st August 2018 at 19:50.
Old 1st August 2018, 19:22   #11439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Return would be from Idukki to Mysore, please suggest road in best shape with above requirements. Highways are preferred in both cases.
Incredible amount of rain happening in that part of Kerala, with no respite. If possible, avoid. The Cheruthoni dam might be opened in the next few days and there is a tourist ban in certain panchayats. Right now no road in Kerala is in good condition I believe.
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:00   #11440
BHPian

Any suggestions for a breakfast stop between Hosur and Krishnagiri? Looking for a family friendly veg place with clean rest rooms. Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:35   #11441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Any suggestions for a breakfast stop between Hosur and Krishnagiri? Looking for a family friendly veg place with clean rest rooms. Thanks
Here's one that was shared by a BHPian last year (not updated). Guess there's a new "Adhith bhavan" near Krishnagiri (just after Saravana Bhavan. Heard it's pretty good with a clean restroom.

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_2.jpg

The few stops that I tried had clean restrooms.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 2nd August 2018 at 11:36.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:50   #11442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are three that are popular, all accessed from the southbound carriageway. They are, in order from Hosur:

1. Adhith Bhavan attached to Reliance bunk: https://goo.gl/maps/EZrYCxJdEA82

2. Sri Krishna Inn attached to HP bunk: https://goo.gl/maps/vPTT3KPDyXP2

3. A2B attached to BP bunk: https://goo.gl/maps/8qgqoj7d8sT2
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:39   #11443
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for a breakfast stop between Hosur and Krishnagiri? Looking for a family friendly veg place with clean rest rooms.
The Sree Saravana Inn about 3km after Krishnagiri toll on left side (kaveripattinam bypass). It is opposite to the lake which is in right side. This place is good, and has decent rest rooms.

If I remember correctly, they also have a new branch now and it is almost half way between the Krishna Inn/McD and the A2B shoolagiri, so say about 2-3 km after Krishna Inn.

Edit:had posted earlier about the location of the new Saravana Inn here (All Roads to Kerala)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
3. A2B attached to BP bunk: https://goo.gl/maps/8qgqoj7d8sT2
This one is avoidable, food is average and rest rooms are bad.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2018 at 12:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 11:34   #11444
BHPian

what will be best route from Bangalore to Ashtamudi in the midst of recent heavy rain in Kerala? I wiil be driving this weekend to Ashtamudi, Alleppey and Munnar starting from Bangalore.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:27   #11445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Murugan Idly House just before the Krishnagiri toll - very clean toilets, good food and good service

Drove to Kochi and back last weekend.

1: CBE by-pass is the most irritating road - stopping , scanning, makes you want to drive through CBE

2: Tunneling after Palghat can create a slight delay but traffic flows.

3: After Palghat - plenty of speed cameras which do not seem to work.

4: Major improvements in getting into Kochi - I'm impressed.

5: Our lunch stops in Palghat have been killed - Walayar Motels is run down, KFC has closed down

Last edited by ajmat : 8th August 2018 at 16:11.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks