Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 07:16   #12421
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Traffic ban n Kuthiran today and tomorrow from 8 am to 5 pm. This is for cars and all other vehicles except route buses going from Trichur to Palakkad, they have to take alternate routes. There is no restriction on travelling from Palakkad to Trichur
Old 28th January 2020, 11:21   #12422
BHPian

I did a Coimbatore - Mattancherry (Kochi) trip on 25th early morning. Started from Coimbatore at 4.30a and reached Kochi at 8.45a with a 20 minutes break in between. Roads were OK, nothing much to complain but at some bridges at the entry and exit there are some bad undulations. One bridge which by passes Mannuthy Juntion has very bad entry point. It is almost like a hump and since I know this point I always slow down. But at night this might be tough to locate for unknown people.

Walayar Toll gate - Do not know why. Express lane was closed and was directed Fastag lane. The operator says move forward but how much ever I moved the scanner did not read my card. Required Manual scanning both up and down. I am really not sure where the scanner is placed. Not a good experience.
Paliyekara Toll gate - Did not face any issues here. The normal lanes meant for Fastag read the card easily and was out in 5 to 10 minutes both the ways. I saw the express lane had always issue here. Someone enters with no balance and creates block in this lane. So better to avoid the express lane.

Started from Thaneermukkom, Cherthala at 6pm on 26th Jan. Took 2 hours to reach Aroor due to human chain against CAA . Huge block on the thannermukkam - cherthala road.
Reached Coimbatore at 12.30am with a break of 15 minutes.
Kuthiran was normal, no major traffic block both the ways.
Old 28th January 2020, 15:05   #12423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Started from Thaneermukkom, Cherthala at 6pm on 26th Jan. Took 2 hours to reach Aroor due to human chain against CAA . Huge block on the thannermukkam - cherthala road.
It would have been a good alternative via Vaikom - Puthiyakavu (Tripunithura Market Road) - Karingachira - Kalamassery to join NH instead of taking NH from Thanneermukkom. Though a bit narrow between Vechur and Vaikom the surface is good throughout.

Last edited by JohnnyBoss : 28th January 2020 at 15:08.
Old 30th January 2020, 08:19   #12424
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am in Trivandrum/Kovalam for the next 10 days (for work) and I want to do something relaxing and rejuvenating during the weekend, preferably this Saturday.

Can I have some suggestions as to where I can spend the day.

My preferences:

1. A drive of around 60-100KMs is fine. In fact the trip should consist of a drive.
2. A beach is also preferred. I checked out Varkala, but will it not be too hot during the day
3. I should be able to relax and read a book during the trip.

Please help.
Old 30th January 2020, 12:11   #12425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I am in Trivandrum/Kovalam for the next 10 days (for work) and I want to do something relaxing and rejuvenating during the weekend, preferably this Saturday.

Can I have some suggestions as to where I can spend the day.

My preferences:

1. A drive of around 60-100KMs is fine. In fact the trip should consist of a drive.
2. A beach is also preferred. I checked out Varkala, but will it not be too hot during the day
3. I should be able to relax and read a book during the trip.

Please help.
https://www.ktdc.com/golden-peak

High of 27, Low of 17. Beautiful drive.

The KTDC hotel as such is nothing much but is clean and comfortable
Old 2nd February 2020, 18:38   #12426
BHPian

All Roads to Kerala

Saw this article today, has anyone faced any issues while travelling back from Kerala?

All Roads to Kerala-04cb3aeda15f4933aa2d7034fc7ac364.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-imageuploadedbyteambhp1580648920.319241.jpg  

Last edited by Repsol : 2nd February 2020 at 18:57.
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:45   #12427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Saw this article today, has anyone faced any issues while travelling back from Kerala?
No checks during the past week anywhere on the highway until yesterday. Had crossed Walayar (both ways) a couple of times since the first Novel Corona Virus infection was confirmed by the Kerala Minister of Health.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:00   #12428
BANNED

Inter state movement to be monitored in India for an "epidemic" affecting 17k odd people in China. P

Remember those jokes about Soviet communists catching a cold and Indian comrades sneezing? Well, China has replaced USSR. Literally.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 13:43   #12429
Senior - BHPian

Read about similar measures at the Karnataka - Kerala border, but yet to hear firsthand from someone traveled on the route
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:06   #12430
BHPian

Is there any traffic diversion planned in Kuthiran between 7th and 9th, especially for buses ?
Old 6th February 2020, 17:23   #12431
BHPian

From today's news, one tunnel at Kuthiran will be opened by next month end, keeping my fingers crossed, wonder will be if it really happens.
sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 15:10   #12432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Is there any traffic diversion planned in Kuthiran between 7th and 9th, especially for buses ?
Not that I am aware of.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 05:45   #12433
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Read about similar measures at the Karnataka - Kerala border, but yet to hear firsthand from someone traveled on the route
This week I did an overnight journey from Calicut to Bangalore via private bus, but we weren't stopped for any screening in the karnataka border.
But again there has been no additional case of coronavirus noted and state government declaring that it is no more a state calamity.Link
UMe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 15:21   #12434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
This week I did an overnight journey from Calicut to Bangalore via private bus, but we weren't stopped for any screening in the karnataka border.
But again there has been no additional case of coronavirus noted and state government declaring that it is no more a state calamity.Link
Thanks for sharing the update. I am waiting for first hand update from others who have travelled in private cars this weekend. Have a trip coming up next week, so need to take a call based on the current situation.
Old 9th February 2020, 16:30   #12435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Thanks for sharing the update. I am waiting for first hand update from others who have travelled in private cars this weekend. Have a trip coming up next week, so need to take a call based on the current situation.
My sister n family drove down last week from Blore to Cochin and reached back today. No checking on both occasions. Also, Kuthiran was smooth with no traffic. Even the L&T bypass was pretty well laid out now (was pretty bumpy last time I drove). Also, Fastag lane was slow along L&T. Overall, a pretty relaxing drive.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks