Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2020, 10:57   #12556
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Pardon me if this is repeated.

To travel from Bangalore to Kottayam (via Valayar) - Does one need a TN pass? Apart from having a Kerala pass.

Anyone did this?
Old 6th May 2020, 13:42   #12557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Pardon me if this is repeated.

To travel from Bangalore to Kottayam (via Valayar) - Does one need a TN pass? Apart from having a Kerala pass.

Anyone did this?
I think you need passes from all three - KA + TN + KL

Please refer the below post of a fellow member who traveled recently.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4799122 (Anyone in need of an Emergency Traffic Pass?)
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 13:50   #12558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I think you need passes from all three - KA + TN + KL

Please refer the below post of a fellow member who traveled recently.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4799122 (Anyone in need of an Emergency Traffic Pass?)
KA Pass is optional I think. There was a statement by DGP that KA pass is not needed if you are heading to Kerala with a KL pass.

But not sure about the need of TN pass if you are transiting through TN to KL.

The thread you shared about mentions a travel to TN, not to KL I guess.
Old 6th May 2020, 14:26   #12559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
KA Pass is optional I think. There was a statement by DGP that KA pass is not needed if you are heading to Kerala with a KL pass.

But not sure about the need of TN pass if you are transiting through TN to KL.

The thread you shared about mentions a travel to TN, not to KL I guess.
Another member’s travel experience to KL is already mentioned in this thread, a couple of posts back.

As far as KA pass is concerned, I think it will be better to have it, specially when you plan to travel back to KA.
Old 6th May 2020, 15:39   #12560
BHPian

Kind attention to all inter-state travellers.
SOP for travel options across states is being worked out and expected to be in place soon. Wait for Pass/NOC to be issued from all states on the way before you start your journey.

Soure: https://mobile.twitter.com/DIPR_COVID19
Old 6th May 2020, 17:53   #12561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Just sharing the information shared by my friend ARUN P.R
Thanks Bibendum for the detailed post.

Can you let know where did your friend Arun travel to? 18 hours seems like a long time for any north KL location.

Also, did he notice where vehicles entering in to KA was checked in this side of the border?
Old 6th May 2020, 18:53   #12562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks Bibendum for the detailed post.

Can you let know where did your friend Arun travel to? 18 hours seems like a long time for any north KL location.

Also, did he notice where vehicles entering in to KA was checked in this side of the border?
Hello Suhas, I just spoke to him.

He was travelling up south ( Kayamkulam ). That is ~ 370 kms from Muthanga. During day time, it takes 9-10 hours with breaks, sometimes more. He started by 2:30 pm from Muthanga and reached kayamkulam by 11:30 pm. From Electronic city to Muthanga, he took 7 hours and had to wait two and a half hours to complete the formalities.

He did notice vehicles entering KA being checked but not as extensively as Kerala was checking.He says there was only one counter. I can get you more details if need be. I've local contacts in Muthanga.

By the way he avoided going via Walayar as he could avoid entering TN totally which has lot many containment zones besides eliminating one more state altogether from the equation( much less hassles with documentation etc ).

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th May 2020 at 19:08. Reason: More information added on travel time
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 23:16   #12563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He was travelling up south ( Kayamkulam
Ah, okay. That makes sense. I was assuming that his destination would be in north KL since he took Muthanga.

An update from my end.

My cousin did a solo drive from Bangalore to Calicut today. He had applied and got pass for KL entry over weekend. His entry time slot at Muthanga was between 1 pm and 4 pm.

He reached Muthanga around 3.30 and ease stuck there till 7.30 PM. He was mentioning about long slow moving queue at checkpost and rains didn't help.

As per him the mandatory government quarantine is not applicable if you are driving in own vehicle.
There are people reaching at border in taxis and hitching ride in truck. They are supposed to be in mandatory government quarantine.

However, one is supposed to be in home quarantine for 4 weeks.

Last edited by ajmat : 7th May 2020 at 09:46. Reason: typo
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 05:53   #12564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
As per him the mandatory government qurantine is not applicable if you are driving in own vehicle.
There are people reaching at border in taxis and hitching ride in truck. They are supposed to be in mandatory government qurantine.

However, one is supposed to be in home qurantine for 4 weeks.
May not be relevant for this thread but since this topic was bought up, here is something that should help. Quoting from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Standard Operating Procedure for those reaching Karnataka from other states as well as those arriving from International countries :

For International arrivals :

Attachment 2002744

For interstate arrivals :
Old 7th May 2020, 06:18   #12565
Team-BHP Support

Will be traveling to Palakkad from Chennai tomorrow early morn with a friend's family in tow (3 adults and a 3 y.o. kid). Got both the TN as well as KL passes.

Couple of friends managed to reach their respective homes at Palakkad and Cochin yesterday evening. They had an approx. 4-hour wait at Walayar but he says the process was smooth and well organised with as many as a dozen counters to process the entries, several large pandals with seating arrangements, restrooms, volunteers helping out people and social distancing being maintained in the queues. There were people traveling without passes and the helpdesk staffs were helping them out. Changes in the KL passes (like change in address) could also be done by approaching the helpdesk there.

Since they were returning from a red hotspot here in Chennai (and so will our group as well), they were specifically told that they will have to undergo the govt. mandated 7-day quarantine at a dedicated facility (the CM did mention this during the press meet yesterday) and they will have to pay for it but the ASHA workers would come home, take stock of the situation and decide appropriately. They are not being whisked away to the quarantine facility from Walayar. He also added that the TN-registered taxis were not being let through after the Walayar post; they have to return after dropping the travelers. There were KL-registered taxis should the travelers require one to go to their place.

Cops in the TN side were letting them go when they showed them the KL pass. They travelled without a TN pass apparently.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th May 2020 at 06:21.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 09:57   #12566
Senior - BHPian

Kerala State temporarily stops issuing travel pass to Keralites stranded in other states.

https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...ates-1.4743002

https://english.manoramaonline.com/n...te-passes.html

Huge Rush in Walayar as Keralites Return

https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...cted-1.4743060

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 8th May 2020 at 10:03.
Old 9th May 2020, 09:53   #12567
Senior - BHPian

Chaos reigns at Kerala check-posts as returnees arrive in droves. May 09, 2020 09:17 AM IST

Quote:
Scores of Keralites were stranded at the check-posts at Walayar, Manjeshawaram and Muthanga in the state. Lack of sufficient travel documents, and abrupt change in norms led to the chaotic situation. After reports claimed that no more pass will be issued, more people without travel documents turned up at the check-posts.
https://english.manoramaonline.com/n...in-droves.html
Old 11th May 2020, 09:35   #12568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chaos reigns at Kerala check-posts as returnees arrive in droves.
From what I could understand. The people who land up at these check posts are also to go for 14 day quarantine. They have two options; move to a govt provided facility (mainly college hostels etc.) free of cost or to certain hotels where they can pay for their stay . And only then they can proceed to their homes. So a quick trip to Kerala would now become a half a month long tour .

Looks like the mad rush of people to the borders were to avoid the latest plan for quarantine of 14 days. But now it seems to be going out of hand.
Old 11th May 2020, 10:37   #12569
Senior - BHPian

Only home quarantine for Keralites returning from other states
A sensible decision considering the impracticallity of sending people to quarantine facilities for 14 days, and especially asking them to pay the cost of hotel stay.
Old 11th May 2020, 15:14   #12570
can

Hi Friends, the number of passengers allowed in private car for inter state travel is 3. Is this including the driver or is it 1 driver + 3 passengers?

Most Viewed