Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 11:50   #12676
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

I never realized that KL RTO will send tickets to outstation vehicles. Thanks for letting us know about this.
I had couple of flashes before lockdown in the Walayar-Wadakancherry NH544. I checked the website: https://smartweb.keralamvd.gov.in/km...mvdchkhome.php and could not locate any tickets. Thank God.
Have to be careful next time.

KL RTO also had plans of calculating the average speed of the vehicle between cameras using the time taken to travel between 2 cameras. This was going to be introduced as people started slowing down when they see a camera.
I always try to keep under 90 kmph in KL, but some times it goes out of hand, especially the Walayar-Wadakancherry NH. At night, after 9pm, the roads will be completely empty.
Old 5th August 2020, 19:17   #12677
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone recently traveled from Hunsur to Gonikoppa on SH90? I had taken this road many years ago and it was in shambles.
Old 5th August 2020, 19:36   #12678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone recently traveled from Hunsur to Gonikoppa on SH90? I had taken this road many years ago and it was in shambles.
Not very recently, but in March just before lock down. This was my usual route until the Virajpet - Makkoota Kerala border got closed along with lock down.

Roads were in good condition except some patches from Hunsur till that deviation to Gonikoppal on the Madikeri highway and I sometimes go upto Periyapatna and take left there which is a far better road in terms of road conditions as you may know.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 18:22   #12679
BHPian

For travelling to Kerala from Bangalore for 4 days, should I obtain Karnataka pass? for return? will there be quarantine in place for returning after short trip.
Searched google for the unlock 3.0 but not convinced on reality.
Old 6th August 2020, 21:03   #12680
BHPian

Any update on the Madurai - Tirumangalam - Shencottah - Kollam route. Any idea how many COVID checkpoints etc on this route.
Planning to start from Bangalore next week with family
Old 7th August 2020, 11:56   #12681
Senior - BHPian

Reports are that the Muthanga route (Bandipur - Calicut route) is flooded and passing through is restricted. Watch out those who have plans to travel next few days.

All Roads to Kerala-whatsapp-image-20200807-09.22.56.jpeg All Roads to Kerala-whatsapp-image-20200807-10.34.33.jpeg
balenoed_ is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 14:58   #12682
BHPian

Travelled from Hyderabad to Thiruvanathapuram via Walayar last week.
Had taken following passes:

Kerala epass - got immediately as I completed details. (https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/addDomestic)

TN transit epass (https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass. Uploaded Kerala epass, took around 2 hours for approval and intimation)

Karnataka transit epass
(https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English.
Took 2 days for approval, didnot get any intimation , can track appplication status and download epass from: https://serviceonline.gov.in/karnata...plication.html)

Kerala pass date/time/ checkpost details can be edited anytime. Walayar Checkpost authorities are not strict about date/timings.
Atleast 2 counters are open 24 hours (one for private/taxi vehicles, one for public/group transport I think).
I highly recommend to take hardcopy of each of these passes as we can avoid unnecessary contacts on our smartphones.

Started from our apartment in Hyderabad at 5.30AM. Reached Kurnool at 9AM. Andhra Pradesh check post is here and all vehicles will be shunted to a parking spot (Ample space available).
No transit epass option was available in AP portal, on the spot registration is done here. Two tents setup here, police personnels will note down details. Only one person need to go to the counter. Name, phone#, Vehicle#, Aadhaar#, final destination, etc. will be noted down. No documents verified. They will verbally ask if you have pass or not.

Continued towards Bangalore and reached Bagepalli toll booth at 1PM (I had given this checkpost as entry in KA epass). Immediately next to toll plaza, there is checkpost facility.
For transit passengers, only 1 person needed to get out. For KA bound passengers, they will do temperature checking. ( My family also initially got out of car, but the duty personnel behind the desk requested them to go back and wait in the vehicle). OTP verification is done here based on phone# in KA pass and an exit slip will be provided (nobody checked this slip though).
We used the restrooms, available outside the complex, after sanitising everything possible (from door knob to taps and flush knob), also washed hands with soap solution before entering the car.

Next stop was at Zuzuwadi checkpost on Hosur road. Reached at 5.30 PM ( took some break for lunch and water refill). There is a counter, with TN officials, in the middle of road, sorrounded by barricades. Need to park vehicles adjacent to this counter. Again only one person need to go out, showed TN epass here and got it stamped.
I was stopped again at each district in TN ( Dharmapuri, Salem , Erode and Coimbatore) but never asked to get out of car. As soon as you tell the destination is Kerala, they will happily thank you and wave goodbye.

Reached Walayar at 11.30 PM (Original appointment was 4 to 6PM, but helpline number assured it doesn't matter). I was redirected to a service road for a quarter kilometer and reached old some old RTO complex.
Two buildings were seen having one counter open in each. The one near to road is were we where redirected. Everyone needs to get down here for temperature check. The KL officials are inside glass counters and there are markings on ground to stand in queue with safe distance. As soon as the officials saw my wife and toddler son, they made way for them to come in front, quickly did temperature check and asked them to go back to the vehicle. When my turn came, they verified all details from KL epass, did temperature check and noted few details in a notebook. They gave an exit slip, which they put in a zipper cover I showed through the counter.
A police personnel at the exit of parking area noted down all details again from us (no need to get out of car).
Half an hour later we were stopped again by KL police on the way to Trichur. Only one person need to get out. They will note down all details and give you few guidelines regarding who all will call you once you reach destination.
This was the last point of check.
Reached Trichur at 1.30 AM, took a 6 hour break there and continued to TVM morning 7.30AM. Finally reached TVM at 1.30 PM.
I got multiple calls on following days from health department, mental health department, City corporation (they came and stamped quarantine notification on the outside of my home) and local police.

We had used Reliance Petrol pumps for our fuel refilling and restroom breaks. Not that I am promoting the brand, but usually they are less crowded, will have free space to park vehicle and stretch a little and restroom facilities are decent.
Vijin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 15:54   #12683
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
For travelling to Kerala from Bangalore for 4 days, should I obtain Karnataka pass? for return? will there be quarantine in place for returning after short trip.
Searched google for the unlock 3.0 but not convinced on reality.
Any update on this please.Planning to travel from Waynad to Mysore and back for 2 days.
Old 10th August 2020, 11:50   #12684
BHPian

Anyone has information on the flood situation on roads leading from walayar to Kottayam? I have a Kerala trip with e-pass scheduled for later this week, starting from Bangalore. I don’t want to test the water wading capabilities of my Rapid and am open to rescheduling the trip if need be. TIA
Old 12th August 2020, 19:12   #12685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Anyone has information on the flood situation on roads leading from walayar to Kottayam? I have a Kerala trip with e-pass scheduled for later this week, starting from Bangalore. I don’t want to test the water wading capabilities of my Rapid and am open to rescheduling the trip if need be. TIA
I plan to visit Kannur on 21st. I will be there for probably 4 hours. Is Quarantine compulsory for such a short visit?

And I applied for the e-pass on 1st August, there is no response yet. Please advise.
Old 12th August 2020, 19:18   #12686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I plan to visit Kannur on 21st. I will be there for probably 4 hours. Is Quarantine compulsory for such a short visit?

And I applied for the e-pass on 1st August, there is no response yet. Please advise.
There used to be this short visit system wherein one could visit for no more than 8 days without undertaking a quarantine.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

Read the article here - Indian Express

But the govt was proposing changing the guidelines due to the increasing cases - IE
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:33   #12687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
There used to be this short visit system wherein one could visit for no more than 8 days without undertaking a quarantine.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit
I applied my pass in the above portal on 1st August but there has been no response from them. There is no clarity regarding the inter-state from both the states. I searched both the states official website but found nothing concrete.

Will check out your link. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2020, 21:10   #12688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijin View Post
Travelled from Hyderabad to Thiruvanathapuram via Walayar last week.
Had taken following passes:

Kerala epass - got immediately as I completed details. (https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/addDomestic)

TN transit epass (https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass. Uploaded Kerala epass, took around 2 hours for approval and intimation)
Thank you Vijin. I am travelling from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Walayar on Saturday 22nd Aug. I applied for both KL and TN epass from the above links and received both the passes in a few mins.
However, There is one issue with Kerala epass. You can apply for only 3 people in one epass for a car. I am travelling with my sister and her 2 kids (8Yr and 2Yr). Since I could not add the 2nd kid, I skipped the details of the toddler. Can this cause an issue at the border?

TN ePass allows driver + 3 ppl. Kerala is allowing only Driver + 2.

Last edited by Holyghost : 16th August 2020 at 21:12.
Holyghost is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 21:19   #12689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Thank you Vijin. I am travelling from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Walayar on Saturday 22nd Aug. I applied for both KL and TN epass from the above links and received both the passes in a few mins.
However, There is one issue with Kerala epass. You can apply for only 3 people in one epass for a car. I am travelling with my sister and her 2 kids (8Yr and 2Yr). Since I could not add the 2nd kid, I skipped the details of the toddler. Can this cause an issue at the border?

TN ePass allows driver + 3 ppl. Kerala is allowing only Driver + 2.
Weird! I have applied for the Kerala pass twice and haven't received them. Are you supposed to be quarantied when you reach Kerala?
Old 16th August 2020, 21:35   #12690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Since I could not add the 2nd kid, I skipped the details of the toddler. Can this cause an issue at the border?
The thing that they check at the border is whether all the names are there in the registration or not. So yes, all names has to be present. Since it is a toddler, I am not sure, but otherwise yes. Can't you split the registration and provide same vehicle details. Like 2 in one pass and 2 in other pass. I vagualy remember someone doing like that.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks