Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:09   #12736
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post

Are there any updates on the e-pass system from KL government?
Today a friend of mine traveled, they are still checking e-pass and the health inspector (chendamangalam) asked them to home quarantine for 14 days.
rajblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:31   #12737
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajblr View Post
Today a friend of mine traveled, they are still checking e-pass and the health inspector (chendamangalam) asked them to home quarantine for 14 days.
Oh ok. No clue as of when KL will lift this rule.
Any idea whether you friend applied for TN Transit pass? One of my colleague is planning to travel from Thrissur to BLR and wants to know whether TN transit pass is required as he is unable to find that option now in TN website.
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:53   #12738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Any idea whether you friend applied for TN Transit pass?
They had transit pass stuck on their car and it was checked near Salem. I guess they applied for it few days earlier. Not sure if the process changed after that.
Old 2nd September 2020, 21:12   #12739
BHPian

According to this report in Mathrubhumi, Kerala Chief Secretary has issued orders removing all restrictions/passes for interstate travel.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/print-ed...2020-1.5019907

Last edited by darklord : 2nd September 2020 at 21:18.
Old 2nd September 2020, 21:55   #12740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajblr View Post
They had transit pass stuck on their car and it was checked near Salem. I guess they applied for it few days earlier. Not sure if the process changed after that.
Thanks for the update.. What about thermal screening at Kerala border check post ; are they still doing it along with e-pass.
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:36   #12741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
According to this report in Mathrubhumi, Kerala Chief Secretary has issued orders removing all restrictions/passes for interstate travel.
Hope this is true and Kerala has lifted the travel restrictions between states. Cannot see much news channels reporting this.
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:55   #12742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/print-ed...2020-1.5019907
I read it as removal of restrictions for intra state travel. I don't think there were any restrictions anyway though.
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:02   #12743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Hope this is true and Kerala has lifted the travel restrictions between states. Cannot see much news channels reporting this.
The restrictions are very much on. The attached clip is from today's newspaper. Basically, it says the epass system and quarantine rules would continue for interstate travellers entering Kerala
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-1599100351110.jpg  

john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:29   #12744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
What about thermal screening at Kerala border check post.
No there was no thermal screening done for them, they just had to the show the pass. someone was asking about the TN pass, here is the link https://tnepass.tnega.org
rajblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:31   #12745
BHPian

I had couple of questions related to quarantine period in Kerala for travelers from other states -
1. Is a Covid test done to mark the end of quarantine?
2. Is there any hand stamping to identify quarantined persons? Based on the previous post this might not be there
3. Is any certificate issued from health department to indicate quarantine has ended for a person?
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:48   #12746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
I had couple of questions related to quarantine period in Kerala for travelers from other states -
1. Is a Covid test done to mark the end of quarantine?
2. Is there any hand stamping to identify quarantined persons? Based on the previous post this might not be there
3. Is any certificate issued from health department to indicate quarantine has ended for a person?
Based on experiences of few family members who traveled in previous months (end of May, end of June).

1. No. Though have heard about the same done for elders, those returning to Wayanad (home destination as Wayanad).
2. No. Nothing of that.
3. Yes. At the end of the quarantine, they had send a link as SMS which can be used to download a certificate. This was in June. Not sure if still followed.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:07   #12747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

1. No. Though have heard about the same done for elders, those returning to Wayanad (home destination as Wayanad).
Looks like district administration/panchayat could decide on this. In kannur they were asking for test results after 14 days of self quarantine for issuing the certificate.
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:12   #12748
BHPian

What would be the recommended route to drive to Kannur (from Bengaluru) next week? We have travelled via Mysore-Coorg-Kannur before the lockdown, which took us around 8 hours. We did encounter some unpaved roads after Mysore, not sure of the condition now. Has anyone travelled this route recently or have any information about the road condition and the availability of decent rest stops? I will be driving with my pregnant wife.
Old 3rd September 2020, 19:25   #12749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
What would be the recommended route to drive to Kannur (from Bengaluru) next week?
Gonikopplal-Makuta- Iritty route is open during the day time, this is probably the best option. I have traveled before lock down, not sure of the current status. Most of the roads were in good shape when in March.
Old 3rd September 2020, 19:38   #12750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
What would be the recommended route to drive to Kannur (from Bengaluru) next week? We have travelled via Mysore-Coorg-Kannur before the lockdown, which took us around 8 hours. We did encounter some unpaved roads after Mysore, not sure of the condition now. Has anyone travelled this route recently or have any information about the road condition and the availability of decent rest stops? I will be driving with my pregnant wife.
Mysore-ORR-Hunsur-Gonikoppal-Virajpet bypass-Makutta-Iritty-Mattannur- Kannur.

I usually stop at Cafe County, Hunsur. The last time I went that side just before lockdown, did an almost non-stop drive taking 6.5 hrs as the covid scare was in the air then. Except for a 10 min quick breakfast stop (home-packed breakfast) besides the highway, did not enter into any restaurant en route. Heard many restaurants have now closed down, but no up to date info as of now.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed