Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 14:41   #12811
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Get a short visit pass (max 8 days). There is no quarantine requirement for it.
They out-rightly reject or keep it on hold unless it is medical emergency.

For more than 24 hours visit, 14 days quarantine will apply, but like said depends on local health dept, no defined & written guidelines yet.
Old 18th September 2020, 15:05   #12812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
They out-rightly reject or keep it on hold unless it is medical emergency.

For more than 24 hours visit, 14 days quarantine will apply, but like said depends on local health dept, no defined & written guidelines yet.
I got short visit pass approved within 24 hours from Malappuram district collector. When applying on covid jagratha portal, attach a self declaration mentioning the dates of entry and exit along with a valid reason for visit. A government issued ID proof also is mandatory. All this has to be in a single PDF file and under 500 kb in size.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 17:15   #12813
BHPian

Details of my drive today 19/09/2020 - Bangalore to Cochin

1. TN Epass - Stuck it at the windshield. They were checking at Zuzuwadi. There was a long queue due to barricading. One policeman saw the pass on the windshield and directed me out of the queue and on my way. Must have saved 10 mins easily there.

2. Kerala Epass - Was directed by a policeman to the data collection centre at Walayar. There are multiple counters. Only one person needs to go with the pass. There was no temperature screening. She asked to show the pass. Took down the number and sent me on my way. I asked if she needs phone number or number of people travelling with me. She said pass number is all that she needs. Strangely they were asking all details from some folks. Not sure what the deal is there

3. Road conditions- Not the best. In Kerala lots of potholes and broken patches. In TN, the surface has started to wear off in many stretches. But it’s a decent drive within TN. Painfully slow in KL. Less said about Bangalore the better.

Last edited by Garth : 19th September 2020 at 17:16. Reason: Missed one important word
Garth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 18:00   #12814
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
When applying on covid jagratha portal, attach a self declaration mentioning the dates of entry and exit along with a valid reason for visit.
In this self declaration application, what are the places we should enter? Should we mention the place of origin, which in my case is Chennai, TN? Did you do it that way?
Old 20th September 2020, 12:52   #12815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
In this self declaration application, what are the places we should enter? Should we mention the place of origin, which in my case is Chennai, TN? Did you do it that way?
The pass application form asks for 'places of visit' and 'place of stay'. I mentioned the place of stay in the self declaration too.
Address of the applicant needs to be filled in the form which in your case would be Chennai. No entry gate or checkpost asked.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 17:36   #12816
BHPian

I'm planning on a Kannur-Mangalore-Bangalore-Kannur trip this week. I'll have to stay at Mangalore and Bangalore. Do I need to take a Karnataka pass? What about return pass to Kerala?
Old 20th September 2020, 18:19   #12817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I'm planning on a Kannur-Mangalore-Bangalore-Kannur trip this week. I'll have to stay at Mangalore and Bangalore. Do I need to take a Karnataka pass? What about return pass to Kerala?
Karnataka there is no longer any requirement for a pass now. But I guess you will need to quarantine once back in Kerala. Also you will need a pass to come back to Kerala
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:09   #12818
BHPian

Need some help in understanding the current rules if someone is going to Kerala (not for short stay). I tried searching in google, but there is no clear cut rules mentioned anywhere. Most of the articles talk about 14-day quarantine only.

But last week my in-laws went back from Bangalore to Alappuzha (via flight). I took the domestic returnee e-pass and they were told to go for 14-day quarantine. But after 6 days, they were told to take the Covid test (free of charge).

I could not find anywhere in the articles or guidelines about a mandatory Covid test to be done.
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:49   #12819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I tried searching in google, but there is no clear cut rules mentioned anywhere. Most of the articles talk about 14-day quarantine only.
You did not find because there is no any defined clear cut rule at the moment.

There are several rules at the moment depending on what the local health department decides. And the general unwritten rule is there will be 14 days quarantine.

There is also a speculation (unconfirmed) that the new rule would be that after 7 days you can do a test and if found negative, then the remaining quarantine can be avoided.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:01   #12820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
But last week my in-laws went back from Bangalore to Alappuzha (via flight). I took the domestic returnee e-pass and they were told to go for 14-day quarantine. But after 6 days, they were told to take the Covid test (free of charge).
Did any of them show any symptoms? Also after the test was the quarantine period ended, or just left as is?
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:24   #12821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Did any of them show any symptoms? Also after the test was the quarantine period ended, or just left as is?
No, they did not have any symptoms. They were told that this is the norm, everyone will have to get tested. Their tests came negative, but the quarantine is still continuing.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:45   #12822
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

it's pretty ridiculous to subject people to this "mandatory test" when there are no symptoms. Meanwhile anyone within kerala can travel to anywhere within kerala unrestricted - how is that helping 'keeping it under control' ? Central govt understood (they had to, there was no other choice) that the situation has far outrun 'authority intervention to prevent spread' condition, and it's upto the people themselves to maintain effective practices to protect themselves. Hence the recent unlock X.0 allowed free travel from anywhere to anywhere.

However, some adamant state govts, who are under the illusion that they have things under control are imposing travel pass etc even now. It's ridiculous. For example, 10 lakh people are moving about all over kerala per day, yet all this quarantine and mandatory test nonsense for the 2000 people who are coming in daily from neighbouring states. It simply doesnt make any sense.

I think the whole thing is a farce inorder to have access to "easy test samples" from keralites who are visiting/returning from elsewhere, because the pressure (I dont know from where - probably to convince their votebank that "see we are following restrictions and keeping kerala safe" before the impending elections) to do more and more tests and pile on the statistical mountain with a daily dose of data (which we all have probably already understood to be something with wobbly accuracy, given the giant circus in determining "who to sample" - the fundamental basis of any statistical analysis is that the collected data is reasonably 'representative' of the population, any ambiguity there means all the mathematical analysis is a waste) seems to be the driving force. I believe the point where statistical analysis in predicting the future , has been crossed long ago and all that is happening now is a simply piling more and more data without any clear objective or target or direction, without any practical action plan to come from it.
venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:09   #12823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Update - got the short visit pass approved today. I had applied to my wife's place - Malappuram. Lost faith in Palakkad.

If there was a requirement to upload the self declaration form, they should have it mentioned somewhere in the pass application, no? We had to get our first entry rejected to realise this! Ridiculous.

I clubbed the self declaration form, the aadhar and the TN return pass all into one PDF (has to be less than 500 KB) and uploaded it as the proof of return travel. Submitted the application on Sunday, got the SMS and called them up on the helpline to get it approved. Got the approval SMS later in the afternoon.

I hate getting out of the car at Walayar upon entry into TN.
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:20   #12824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is also a speculation (unconfirmed) that the new rule would be that after 7 days you can do a test and if found negative, then the remaining quarantine can be avoided.
The order is out:
  • All who visit other states and return to Kerala and all visitors to Kerala shall be advised to undergo quarantine for 7 days.
  • They can be tested on the 7th day after arrival and if tested negative, further quarantine of 7 days is optional and not mandatory, though 14 days quarantine is desirable as per health protocol.
  • Those who don't get tested would be advised to continue on quarantine for the remaining 7 days and complete total of 14 days in quarantine.

All Roads to Kerala-whatsapp-image-20200922-20.56.59.jpeg
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:51   #12825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The order is out:
Buddy, do you have a link to this G.O. somewhere? Not able to find this G.O. in Kerala Govt Websites. Asking because, I do not see any signature or seal in the document. Don't want to spread this information among family, friends until 100% sure. No offense to you. Thanks in advance.

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks