Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2020, 08:39   #12856
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
Now, have a new update. One of my neighbours, came down to Cochin from Kovai through Walayar on a TN registered private car on 27th Sunday afternoon. They were stopped, E pass and vehicle checked and some details noted at Walayar check point. :confused
No need for confusion.
To enter Kerala from other states, we still need Registration at Jagratha site. Few people may be getting in without any verification. That's just a slip in the system and an aberration.

Registration on Jagratha site, 7 days quarantine is still in force. After 7 days, take a Covid test and and if negative results, quarantine ends.
If test is not taken, 7 more days (total 14 days) quarantine.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 09:33   #12857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
My experience:

Bangalore to Trivandrum, via Ngercoil. I had short visit pass.

Left Bangalore at 4am, there was no checking at Zuzuvadi check post. In all of Tamilnadu, only place pass was checked at somewhere between Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri, that too while moving. I had stuck the pass at windshield so wasn’t stopped.

There were multiple checkposts which weren’t manned anymore/were manned but no checking or stopping mostly they had swiping glance at windshield and no one bothered. I think they’ve given up too now in tamilnadu. But having the pass stuck at windshield definitely helped.
Thanks for this post. So there was no checking at Injivila checkpost ? On what date did you travel ?
Old 29th September 2020, 19:11   #12858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
No need for confusion.
To enter Kerala from other states, we still need Registration at Jagratha site. Few people may be getting in without any verification. That's just a slip in the system and an aberration.

Registration on Jagratha site, 7 days quarantine is still in force. After 7 days, take a Covid test and and if negative results, quarantine ends.
If test is not taken, 7 more days (total 14 days) quarantine.
I plan to travel to Kerala for 30+ days, this Friday,from Hyderabad.Applied for pass in the Jagratha site on Sunday night under the Athithi category. Yet to receive the pass.

Generally how much time does it take for issuance? Do I need to apply at some other site?

I believe pass for AP ,TN and Karnataka will have to be taken post receiving Kerala pass.
Old 29th September 2020, 19:16   #12859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
I plan to travel to Kerala for 30+ days, this Friday,from Hyderabad.Applied for pass in the Jagratha site on Sunday night under the Athithi category. Yet to receive the pass.

Generally how much time does it take for issuance? Do I need to apply at some other site?

I believe pass for AP ,TN and Karnataka will have to be taken post receiving Kerala pass.
If I am not wrong athithi category is for workers/ labourers. You should be applying under domestic returnee category. You can specify reason for visit as Meeting with family. Approval should be instant in that case.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 19:20   #12860
BHPian

Quote:

Now a days, it's much faster. That's what I heard. (Max a day).
Also depends on the particular district administration in Kerala.

Karnataka - No pass requirements / registration needed. TN - you have to take a transit pass and stick it on the windshield.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 21:14   #12861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
You should be applying under domestic...Approval should be instant in that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Now a days, it's much faster. That's what I heard. (Max a day).
Also depends on the particular district administration in Kerala.

Karnataka - No pass requirements / registration needed. TN - you have to take a transit pass and stick it on the windshield.
Hey Thanks guys Tried using the Domestic Returnees option.Gave the checkpost arrival date as 3rd October and check post as Walayar.However the next slot seems to be available only for 5th October. Being national holiday on 2nd October I thought of going at this time.Any workarounds that you can think of?

Last edited by Ram78 : 29th September 2020 at 21:15.
Old 29th September 2020, 22:07   #12862
BHPian

Someone mentioned earlier that the date on the pass no longer matters and it’s just the fact that you have registered. So you could try registering for next available slot.

That post should be 2-3 pages before the current page where this was mentioned. Or better still give a call to the helpline.
Old 29th September 2020, 22:11   #12863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being national holiday on 2nd October I thought of going at this time.Any workarounds that you can think of?
Register for the next available slot and proceed on 2nd. Date doesn't matter anymore as confirmed by many.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 22:35   #12864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Someone mentioned earlier that the date on the pass no longer matters and it’s just the fact that you have registered. So you could try registering for next available slot.

That post should be 2-3 pages before the current page where this was mentioned. Or better still give a call to the helpline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Register for the next available slot and proceed on 2nd. Date doesn't matter anymore as confirmed by many.
Hi @Garth and @ balenoed; Thanks a ton. Your comments really helped. I applied under 'Domestic Returnee' category for 5th Oct and it got instantly approved I mean it asked me if I wanted to save my entries. Saved it, it gave me the number through SMS and I could download the pass!

Were it not for you, I would never have known this.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th September 2020 at 22:52. Reason: Typos and punctuations. Thanks.
Ram78 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th September 2020, 22:38   #12865
BHPian

That’s the beauty of this forum. There is a lot of information here. I got to know of all this from this page itself.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2020 at 04:56. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2020, 11:46   #12866
BHPian

Applied for a short term pass, approved instantly..!!
Old 30th September 2020, 12:40   #12867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Applied for a short term pass, approved instantly..!!
Some details please,
Which District did you apply to?
What document did you upload stating purpose?
What address did you mention as your local address? Home/Hotel?
Old 30th September 2020, 14:25   #12868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
Some details please,
Which District did you apply to?
What document did you upload stating purpose?
What address did you mention as your local address? Home/Hotel?
Kannur, Uploaded self declaration, Home address.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 14:58   #12869
BHPian

I applied for Kerala e-pass under Domestic returnee option (for 3rd week of October) Bangalore - Thrissur.
Applied for the Tamil Nadu transit pass also

Purpose of Travel selected : Annual Vacation

Both were approved instantly and received the approval links in SMS.
Downloaded copies and kept ready.

Last edited by Sree73 : 30th September 2020 at 15:00.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 21:09   #12870
BHPian

Hi All,

Is the Koottupuzha/ Makkutta roads open for private vehicles during the night or do we have the 9pm to 6am travel restrictions in force?
Planning to drive down tomorrow from Bangalore via Kootupuzha. Since we will be starting after 2pm, chances are we will reach Virajpet around 8pm.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by vinjosep : 30th September 2020 at 21:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks