Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:40   #12871
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi All,

Is the Koottupuzha/ Makkutta roads open for private vehicles during the night or do we have the 9pm to 6am travel restrictions in force?
Planning to drive down tomorrow from Bangalore via Kootupuzha. Since we will be starting after 2pm, chances are we will reach Virajpet around 8pm.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks.
Travelled yesterday night via the Gonikoppa--Makkutta--Koottupuzha route.
They close the gate at 6pm and reopen around 6:30am at both ends of the forest.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 19:27   #12872
BHPian

Folks read the last few pages, of comments and understand the dates dont matter anymore.

I need to get to Kattappana, Idukki, I have a pass for Walayar entry for 5th Oct, but I actually needed the Kumily entry, I picked Walayar since Kumily was filled till the 19th Oct, but this adds about 4-5 hours to the drive!

Now I'm going to drop couple of senior Citizens, can I do either of the 2 ?

1. Apply for a short visit pass, looks like it doesn't matter which entry point etc and use the existing pass for the passengers who are returning.

2. Apply for a regular pass for all three for the next available date, (22nd Oct as of Today) and proceed to Kumily on the 5th ?

My only concern is with the recent Sec 144 etc, don't want them to make me drive back or hold me at the checkpost with 2 senior citizens on board.

I posted on HVK, but dint get a reply from any one who actually crossed Kumily checkpost very recently.

Any info on this topic is appreciated!
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:10   #12873
BHPian

Yesterday transited through Makutta. We reached the bridge around 1130. Passenger details collected and allowed to proceed to the next check post which was health at Kiliyanthara. Another 15 minutes spent in verifying pass details and a swab test was conducted.

Today the local police folks called up stating they will visit.
Old 3rd October 2020, 10:49   #12874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
My only concern is with the recent Sec 144 etc, don't want them to make me drive back or hold me at the checkpost with 2 senior citizens on board.
As per what I got to know from folks locally, Sec 144 is only to prevent people form gather. There is no restriction on individual movement or outside entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Another 15 minutes spent in verifying pass details and a swab test was conducted.
Wondering why was swab test done

As per the current guidelines, they are only supposed to verify the pass and let you through. Post reaching your destination there is either 7 days quarantine (with Covid test on 8th day) or 14 day quarantine (without any test).
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 22:08   #12875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
As per what I got to know from folks locally, Sec 144 is only to prevent people form gather. There is no restriction on individual movement or outside entry.

Wondering why was swab test done

As per the current guidelines, they are only supposed to verify the pass and let you through. Post reaching your destination there is either 7 days quarantine (with Covid test on 8th day) or 14 day quarantine (without any test).
Well, Kerala has its own version of rules. Today a police constable turned up to check on our quarantine, followed by another call from SP's office.
Old 4th October 2020, 10:02   #12876
BHPian

We travelled to Kerala from Bangalore via Salem >> Dindigul >> Thirumangalam >> Tenkasi >> Aryankavu >> Kottarakkara on 2nd Friday. I had taken the Domestic returnee pass along with TN transit pass two weeks before the journey itself. Both passes did not have any approval process. We started the journey around 5.00AM from Sarjapur Road and reached my home around 6.45 PM.

TN cops looked at the transit pass and asked basic details just after the Attibele toll and let us through. We were daring enough to have breakfast at Murugan Idli Shop near Krishnagiri. There were few more like minded folks when we entered and by the time we left, the place was starting to pack up like any other normal weekend with lot of highway travel.

Our journey was uneventful with smooth roads especially after Salem till Thirumangalam. We stopped somewhere after Thirumangalam and had some packed food we had carried with us and continued the journey. I thought roads have deteriorated near Rajapalayam but it was manageable. We were checked by TN cops before we were about to enter the high range before the Aryankavu check post and let go after collecting some information and noting it down in a file. At the Aryankavu check post Kerala cops stopped us and allowed us to proceed further after informing about the Covid related centre 1km away. I could hear them informing the cops using wireless comms.

At the Covid check post, cops pasted a high risk sticker on our windshield and asked us to park at a designated area. Then I had to go to a place with 4 counters and each counter collecting same info what I had given during filing the pass. The whole ordeal took more than 1.5 hrs. I thought the whole process was mismanaged with unnecessary wait time where a person most probably would catch the virus with the amount of people waiting to get through this even though all wearing a mask. There were no temperature checks or swab collection.

We were told to home quarantine for 7 days with test after that or 14 days quarantine without test. Finally reached my home near Kottarakkara around 6.45PM. I got a call from local health inspector the same night and she informed all the quarantine protocols to be followed during this home quarantine period.
aneeshtn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 18:32   #12877
BHPian

What is the latest update on short visit to Kerala? With increasing cases, I heard short visit without quarantine is now not possible. Is it correct?
Old 7th October 2020, 18:47   #12878
BHPian

Jagratha portal still has the page for short-term pass. A lot of things depend on local government bodies of your destination as well as the places en route. A lot of destinations in many cities / towns are officially containment zones (it is published in the portal), so it is not clear if one can legally go to many of the destinations even if the purpose of visit is an emergency. They are declaring even places with handful number of cases as containment zones (if one goes through their list of containment zones) and this situation changes rapidly to render any kind of planning nearly impossible. I have been thinking of going there to meet the family for the last few months and I guess I just have to wait it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
What is the latest update on short visit to Kerala? With increasing cases, I heard short visit without quarantine is now not possible. Is it correct?
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:18   #12879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
I had been on a short visit to Tirur, Malappuram district from Bangalore last weekend to bring back my daughter. Went on 1st October and returned on 4th October. The pass was applied on September 16th and approved in a day.
We passed through Muthanga Border facilitation centre without any issue. The cops in charge just had a glance at the printout of the pass and waved us through in after noting down the origin and destination. Did not even have to get out of the car. There were no calls or enquiries from health department or any officials during time of stay and even past it now. We did not step out of the house at all during the time we stayed there.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 18:25   #12880
BHPian

Hi,

I applied in kerala jagratha portal for travel from Bangalore to kochi. We are 3 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 9 years, total 5 passengers.i selected 5 seater vehicle and it was not allowing me to enter the 5th passenger details.Has anyone faced this issue ?
Old 10th October 2020, 18:31   #12881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Hi,
I applied in kerala jagratha portal for travel from Bangalore to kochi. We are 3 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 9 years, total 5 passengers.i selected 5 seater vehicle and it was not allowing me to enter the 5th passenger details.Has anyone faced this issue ?
You may select a 7 seater or you can do two registrations. One for 3 and another for 2. The vehicle details does not matter anymore. You just need to have a registration number/s.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 00:40   #12882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
You may select a 7 seater or you can do two registrations. One for 3 and another for 2. The vehicle details does not matter anymore. You just need to have a registration number/s.
thanks balenoed_. I selected 7 seater but still, i was able to enter only 3 passenger details. Then , i registered again by adding the additional passenger.
I applied for TN transit pass and entered the 4 passengers name .I didnot enter my name in the passenger list as i am the applicant
Old 12th October 2020, 12:41   #12883
BHPian

I have applied for and received passes(TN transit and KL entry) for my Bangalore to Kochi trip on 1st of November. I will be travelling via Krishnagiri/Zuzuvadi and Coimbatore/Walayar.

The TN pass mentions transit should be done between 7AM and 7PM. I am planning to leave Bangalore by 3:30AM, so I will enter TN before 7AM. Is this timing strictly enforced?

We are not planning to have any restaurant visits but rather have some home cooked foods with us. But I don't think we can skip a toilet break. Any suggested safe and clean toilets on the way for ladies? My family is really concerned about this.

Last edited by nair : 12th October 2020 at 12:43.
Old 12th October 2020, 13:17   #12884
BHPian

Travelled from Bengaluru to Kochi yesterday. Started at 5.15 AM from home and reached Kochi at 1.30 PM. Had stuck the TN epass on the windshield. No one bothered to check it (probably since it was early morning) in TN. Traffic was less and drive was smooth expect for a few irritating slow drivers on the right lane who weren't giving way. Reached Walayar at around 10.45 AM and we were directed to a separate area to check the pass. Showed the pass and got a sticker (to be stuck to the windshield) in just 2 minutes. The drive from there Walayar to Kochi too was smooth as it was Sunday and traffic was limited. And in Kochi, it has been almost 24 hours now - No health officer/police called or came home to inspect. Probably it would be a relaxed quarantine (even though we are strictly following it at home).
Old 12th October 2020, 16:20   #12885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
And in Kochi, it has been almost 24 hours now - No health officer/police called or came home to inspect. Probably it would be a relaxed quarantine (even though we are strictly following it at home).
It was same for me. No one contacted us. We found out the numbers of local health officials and contacted them on our own. Idea was that they have the information, else there could be problems in getting the quarantine release certificate.

What I learnt from the health inspector in our area was that they are concentrating more on people coming into the state by flights/ trains/ buses etc. Wherever you could be interacting with multiple people.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks