Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 16:25   #12886
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

The entry via Manjeswaram check post (up north) is totally non-monitored. There is no pass/registration or any check needed via that route. It is a free pass now.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:59   #12887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
I plan to go home to Palakkad for about a week. Going on 11th October and returning on 17th, so that I am there for less than 7 days, and can apply for a short visit pass.
I applied for the Kerala pass today. It was asking for proof of return also. I remembered someone here had posted they had attached the TN entry pass as proof. (thanks, whoever you are. I'll find your post and thank that entry later). I did the same, and both of them got approved.

I will be driving up and down. Lets see how that turns out.

So I drove down to Palakkad on sunday.

About the border crossing: Nothing happened.
I had the passes etc, and expected documents would be checked and possibly I would be tested for Covid19 also. I reached Walayar by about 3:30 pm, and slowed down, expecting police barricades and all. Before the old Sales Tax checkpost, there were few lorries parked, and one policeman standing around and ignoring cars. At the checkpost proper, there was a minor jam. One policeman was waving all cars to the left, into the office compound. Trucks were to stay on the main road. Turns out, cars merely had to go through a small 50 feet off road track, with a few puddles. Possibly, Kerala government's way of saying Welcome to Kerala, and the offroading experience available on all roads. And no checks at all till I reached home. A bunch of cops were standing at one point and seemed to have caught a biker for the usual reasons, but they ignored me, though my car is a TN number. Guess it is a matter of chance as to whether they will check your vehicle or not.

Road Conditions:
Nothing to report. My route was GST-Ulundurpet-Salem-Coimbatore-Palakkad Mostly good roads all through, though there are minor diversions at few points, like outside Salem, where they are building flyovers.

Fastag worked well at all toll gates. Only in one, it failed to read but a staff lady came with a scanner and it worked. The L&T bypass road around Coimbatore is also Fastag enabled. But in two of those gates only the right lane has Fastag, and I entered the left one, had to reverse, and go through the right lane. The leftmost lane in almost every toll gate is for cash only, and the line is usually long.

I'll keep you all posted about my return trip on saturday
sachinnair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:07   #12888
Team-BHP Support

Between Salem and Coimbatore, there are 5 diversions from the 4/6-laned road due to flyover constructions. Some can be bothersome due to the s-l-o-w moving traffic in the diversion lanes.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 13:40   #12889
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for their updates here which really helped for my travel. This is truly a wonderful forum !!

We travelled from Bangalore to Kerala on Sunday, 11th October. Plan was to start at 6 am, but with all last minute packing finally started around 8 am. Had applied for TN transit pass and Kerala pass for Walayar checkpost.

Route taken was Bangalore --> Salem --> Coimbatore --> Palakkad --> Kochi --> Trivandrum.

We had stuck pass on windshield, but there was absolutely no checking anywhere. At Walayar checkpost, police directed us to service road and then asked us to proceed. There was no need to get out of car itself.

Due to multiple stops for Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner (all packed from home) reached Trivandrum around midnight. Since it was Sunday, traffic was very less.

After we reached here, informed local health officials. They came home and informed guidelines and stuck quarantine sticker in front of house. Now we are in 14 day quarantine.
toretto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 14:54   #12890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
We travelled from Bangalore to Kerala on Sunday, 11th October.
Thanks for sharing your update here. Quick queries:
  1. Is there any restriction on the entry in TN? I mean, we normally start from BLR @ 3AM. But I read somewhere that when TN issues ePass, the entry is valid from 7AM - 7PM.
  2. After you reached your home and informed the local health department, did they inform about Covid test? As far as I know, the current guidelines say that either you go for 7 day quarantine (with Covid test on 8th day), or 14 day quarantine (without Covid test). So, when you say 14 day quarantine, is it without any tests to be done at the end?
Old 14th October 2020, 15:07   #12891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
They came home and informed guidelines and stuck quarantine sticker in front of house. Now we are in 14 day quarantine.
I think the sticking of quarantine sticker is dependent on the district. In our case health officials didn't come to visit, nor any sticker.
We only got a call on 8th day asking whether we want to get tested and out of quarantine, or want to continue for 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
  1. Is there any restriction on the entry in TN? I mean, we normally start from BLR @ 3AM. But I read somewhere that when TN issues ePass, the entry is valid from 7AM - 7PM.
  2. After you reached your home and informed the local health department, did they inform about Covid test? As far as I know, the current guidelines say that either you go for 7 day quarantine (with Covid test on 8th day), or 14 day quarantine (without Covid test). So, when you say 14 day quarantine, is it without any tests to be done at the end?
1. No. There is no restriction. Based on latest reports on this thread, looks like there is no checking either. When I traveled on Sep 19th, there was a checking at Zuzuwadi, but they spotted the print out of the pass on my windshield sticker and asked me to come out of the queue, and move using the service road.
2. For me, no Covid test was performed. They called and asked whether we want to get tested on the 8th day. We were anyways planning to stay in quarantine for 14 days, and had no intention to go out. So politely declined. The quarantine release certificate was issued on the 16th day (which happened to be a Sunday) without any tests.

Last edited by Garth : 14th October 2020 at 15:16. Reason: Added reply to Repsol's queries
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 15:36   #12892
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your update here. Quick queries:
1) In TN even though our transit pass was stuck on windshield, there was no barricades or checking. We passed after 8 am, but I think it should be fine.

2) Yes local health informed about two options. 7 day quarantine with test or 14 day quarantine without test. We opted for 14 day one without test.
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 10:55   #12893
BHPian

I was planning to travel to Kerala from Bangalore tomorrow. Due to some reasons, I'm postponing it to 25th October. Kerala entry pass, I was able to edit and get approval for the new date.

What about the Tamil Nadu transit pass. I do not see an option to edit the existing transit pass. Do I need to create a new entry for 25th October? Any one had done editing of the transit pass approved by Tamil Nadu?
Old 16th October 2020, 16:17   #12894
BHPian

So, went ahead and applied for Kerala ePass for 5-Nov. Selected the domestic returnee option, as my parents are going back from Bangalore. I added myself, wife and daughter as passengers (we are planning to stay for a month and return). Got approved instantly.

For TN, I applied forthe transit pass, and it too got approved instantly. But I don't see any specific entry time mentioned in the pass anywhere. I read somewhere that the entry should be between 7AM and 7PM. This would be a problem for us, as we start at 3AM. So, I will be entering TN (Attibelle) in max 15 or 30 mins.

Does anyone think there could be possible issues in entering TN @ 3:30AM?
Old 16th October 2020, 16:21   #12895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Any one had done editing of the transit pass approved by Tamil Nadu?
I too haven't noticed an option to edit. However, to be on safer side, may be you can create a second pass.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 17:34   #12896
BHPian

Quote:

For TN, I applied forthe transit pass, and it too got approved instantly. But I don't see any specific entry time mentioned in the pass anywhere. I read somewhere that the entry should be between 7AM and 7PM. This would be a problem for us, as we start at 3AM. So, I will be entering TN (Attibelle) in max 15 or 30 mins.

Does anyone think there could be possible issues in entering TN @ 3:30AM?
No problem at all. I traveled through attibele at 4:30 AM two weeks ago.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:07   #12897
BHPian

Back on this thread after a long time!

I'm planning on a 6-7 day trip to Kerala from Vellore, tentatively driving down on 30th October. Where can I get details on the short stay pass? I've been told that I don't need to be in quarantine if I leave the state within 7 days of arrival. Is this the case now?
Old 16th October 2020, 19:25   #12898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Back on this thread after a long time!

I'm planning on a 6-7 day trip to Kerala from Vellore, tentatively driving down on 30th October. Where can I get details on the short stay pass? I've been told that I don't need to be in quarantine if I leave the state within 7 days of arrival. Is this the case now?
Try this address for applying short visit to Kerala.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit
For short visit, there is no quarantine requirements.
Old 17th October 2020, 18:04   #12899
BHPian

Hi, for the short visit pass did you just apply through the short visit link https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit ?

I read here about self declaration to be submitted. Did you make a declaration on a paper yourself or is there a format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I had been on a short visit to Tirur, Malappuram district from Bangalore last weekend to bring back my daughter. Went on 1st October and returned on 4th October. The pass was applied on September 16th and approved in a day.
We passed through Muthanga Border facilitation centre without any issue. The cops in charge just had a glance at the printout of the pass and waved us through in after noting down the origin and destination. Did not even have to get out of the car. There were no calls or enquiries from health department or any officials during time of stay and even past it now. We did not step out of the house at all during the time we stayed there.
Thank You
Old 17th October 2020, 19:18   #12900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, for the short visit pass did you just apply through the short visit link https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit ?

I read here about self declaration to be submitted. Did you make a declaration on a paper yourself or is there a format?

Thank You
Yes, The link is the right one.
I did upload a scanned copy of a paper printed and signed self declaration stating I am visiting Kerala for a particular purpose and assure to return back within 7 days. No specific format. Not sure whether it would be needed now as short passes are also auto approved now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks