Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 14:05   #12916
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
Finally got the Short Visit Pass to travel to Kerala for a period of 7 days. I first applied for Self Declaration on the Jagratha Portal and mentioned the From and To as my home town itself. The pass was auto approved.

Then I applied for Short Visit pass, purpose as Tourism and as documentary proof I submitted the Self Decalaration document. This too was auto approved.

With the elusive Kerala Short visit epass to Ernakulam finally granted I applied for and received the KA->KL and KL->KA Transit Passes from TN's portal.

Finally after almost 8 months I am going to my hometown.
Is there any requirement for COVID-19 Negative test results to be in hand when you enter the state for short visit?

I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme. If there are clear guidelines on the short stay, then it is lot better to return in 7 days with the freedom to go around in our own compound than being locked indoors for 10. I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)
Old 20th October 2020, 14:21   #12917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Is there any requirement for COVID-19 Negative test results to be in hand when you enter the state for short visit?

I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme. If there are clear guidelines on the short stay, then it is lot better to return in 7 days with the freedom to go around in our own compound than being locked indoors for 10. I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)

I travelled to Calicut for a short visit in September for 2 days. I was not asked for any Covid negative tests. But local cops in Calicut were unaware of Short Visit Guidelines and were of the impression that everyone coming into Kerala had to be quarantined. When I offered to show him the printed guidelines and details on the pass the cop let me go without much fuss.

With Short visit we are allowed to go about normally, within reason. Police will caution, for legitimate reasons or otherwise, but that is something we just have to deal with.

I have opted for Short visit mainly because I dont want to stay in Quarantine for 7-14 days and I have no intention of being in Kerala for longer than a week anyways.
king of cochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 14:38   #12918
BHPian

Quote:
I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme.
I don't think there is any restriction on coming out of your house (within your compound wall though) or going to terrace.

My in-laws traveled last month, and they did ask this to the health department representatives who visited to check during the quarantine. They told that you can do whatever you want, within your compound wall. They don't care unless you step outside your main gate.

Also, police did visit a couple of times and asked them to come out to the sit-out area, so that they can take snaps as proof (that you are still in your home and not gone outside )
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 15:25   #12919
BHPian

I want to travel to Wayanad from Bangalore with my family. What are the necessary requirements? We shall be staying at a resort. What documents are they checking at the border?
Old 21st October 2020, 15:47   #12920
BHPian

Recent posts on this thread makes my planning a lot easier.

Finally, I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Kochi in the next 10 days.

I will have elderly people in my car and they require comfort breaks every couple of hours.

Even though we plan to pack as much food as practically possible, we would have to stop somewhere where they could use restrooms.

Could anyone please suggest considering everything about the safety and hygiene measures taken up at places we could stop (or should better avoid)?

I remember that we used to start at 3:30 am - 4:00 am and reach Salem for breakfast. Will prefer to start at the same time.
Old 21st October 2020, 17:08   #12921
Team-BHP Support

e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I want to travel to Wayanad from Bangalore with my family. What are the necessary requirements? We shall be staying at a resort. What documents are they checking at the border?
The same question I had, earlier there was a short visit pass that can be applied which will get an instant SMS confirmation. I have been trying to apply the same since yesterday and everything goes through, except the darn confirmation SMS does not come. Tried checking application status, which is also not being listed. The link shared below.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

So any updates on the current status? Have they stopped the pass system or something?
Old 21st October 2020, 17:23   #12922
BHPian

Re: e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

So any updates on the current status? Have they stopped the pass system or something?
It worked for me. I did today morning and got instant SMS with the link for the pass.
Old 21st October 2020, 17:49   #12923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
It worked for me. I did today morning and got instant SMS with the link for the pass.
Could you please tell me which district you did this for? Trying to figure if Wayanad has an issue.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:57   #12924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Could you please tell me which district you did this for? Trying to figure if Wayanad has an issue.
I did for Ernakulam. While submitting, did you get the confirmation that the pass will be sent by SMS?
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 18:18   #12925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I did for Ernakulam. While submitting, did you get the confirmation that the pass will be sent by SMS?
Yes after that nothing happens, but now I tried again and it went through and I got the SMS phew! There are 3 more guys who are riding with me, have told them also to keep trying.

Edit: I had used MS Edge browser instead of Safari, and my BSNL number for the last SMS bit to work. So am not sure if airtel was blocking the SMS with the link or was it a browser issue.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st October 2020 at 19:36.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 21:39   #12926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
When I offered to show him the printed guidelines and details on the pass the cop let me go without much fuss.
Do you have the link where the guidelines for short visit are mentioned? On the pass there are no such guidelines
Old 21st October 2020, 23:44   #12927
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)
Making sense has been left behind long ago.

When the centre has declared that there is no point in "border scanning or individual tracking" and asked all states to open their borders, here we have one state, still clinging to the belief that corona is mainly "coming in through borders" , whilst people who are travelling unrestricted within the state have no contribution to the daily increasing caseload.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:08   #12928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Making sense has been left behind long ago.

When the centre has declared that there is no point in "border scanning or individual tracking" and asked all states to open their borders, here we have one state, still clinging to the belief that corona is mainly "coming in through borders" , whilst people who are travelling unrestricted within the state have no contribution to the daily increasing caseload.
However draconian that Kerala has been, the numbers have been increasing but they still persist with a lot of testing and do regular follow up of cases. My wife was in quarantine and they followed up diligently daily. Also health care for the common man has been pretty good. You are assured of proper care, unlike in Bangalore
ajmat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:37   #12929

When applying for Tamil Nadu pass to go via Salem, Coimbatore to Kottayam, do we need to mention the reason that is given for the Kerala Pass?
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:51   #12930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
When applying for Tamil Nadu pass to go via Salem, Coimbatore to Kottayam, do we need to mention the reason that is given for the Kerala Pass?
You do have to mention a reason when you apply for a TN e-pass. There's also the Others option.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks