Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2020, 14:05   #12961
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Thanks
That's exactly what I want. Anything but the boring Calicut Kannur Kasargod road, with its traffic and narrow roads. Any suggestion to bypass the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Then your option is to take the Malabar Hill Highway. Need to deviate from Kanhangad and head towards east. That's anyway not a bad route if you are ok to get back to NH at Thalassery. But if you still want to avoid NH, then proceed on hill highway but beware that it will take you further east and waaay big a detour. At any point you can decide to get back to NH though. Enjoy the drive!
Happened to go to Wayanad last Sunday. The ghat section is in very bad shape. Bad enough to slow down traffic. It was a crawl fest during Sunday evening.
Old 1st November 2020, 13:16   #12962
BHPian

Hello All,

I am unable to register on the covid19 jagratha portal of Kerala.

I get an error when I click on submit "Invalid Id. Only alphanumeric values are allowed (max 50 characters)"

It makes no sense because I filled the form a second and a third time to make sure that I don't type in any special characters.

Is there a number I can call to resolve this?
Old 1st November 2020, 17:22   #12963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
Hello All,

I am unable to register on the covid19 jagratha portal of Kerala.
If your intention is to take a pass for travel, no need of registration. Just use the Mobile number / OTP and plan the travel. The planned travel can be retrieved / edited at later stage by the mobile number / registration number generated on the travel document.
Old 1st November 2020, 20:26   #12964
BHPian

I traveled back to Bangalore from Kochi yesterday with family and it was the longest journey ever made in the recent times (9AM to 9PM door-door with 2 breaks), thanks to the diversion at Kuthiran due to the serial truck accident.
https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...lled-1.5171701

At Mannuthy junction, the cops blocked the flyover and were diverting all vehicles through Thrissur town. Took the Wadakkanchery-Alathur road and there were horrible traffic jams due to the PWD works and all the additional vehicles from both sides.

It took 4 hours to travel 125kms. Beyond Coimbatore also there was heavy truck traffic that I have never seen before (good that the factories are doing well). With no flights/bus/trains and much safer option, I could see lots of cars with lone driver traveling long distance. Multiple flyover constructions added to the journey time. The saving grace was the Toll booths, with the Fastag working flawlessly everywhere (what an irony!). There was huge traffic pileup at Zuzuwadi checkpost and then the Attibelle Toll booth.

Anyone know the current condition of Bhavani-Mettur-Thoppur road? And also the Sankari-Tharamangalam-Omalur road?
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:48   #12965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
- Do I have to still register in Jagratha Site for Short Visit?

- How is the Kumily route via Mundakayam, Erumely, Ranni?
Please do take a short visit pass for your trip. From what i saw last week, you will have to get down at Kumily check post, give your pass details.

As for the road condition, there is road work ongoing in the Lower camp to Kumily check post ghat section. Also, there are many broken stretches after Vandiperiyar till Peruvanthanam. roads are good there onwards.
revver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:01   #12966
pms
BHPian

Drove to Mananthavady from BLR on 29th Oct. There were no Covid checks at the border check post near Kattikulam though I had taken the short visit pass.

Onward travel was very smooth and the route taken was BLR - Mysore - Hampapura - Antharasanthe - Bavali - Mananthavady. Started at 5:45AM from BLR and reached 12:45PM at our resort in Mananthavady. Only headache was Blr - Mys section because of roadworks and heavy traffic. Encountered 5-10Kms of real bad roads within the forest area before Bavali, otherwise good tarmac all the way.

Returned to BLR on 1st Nov via same route. Experienced good traffic from Kabini to Mysore but from there it was crazy traffic all the way till BGS flyover at BLR. Started at 10:30AM from my resort and reached home at 6PM. All eateries and hotels on Mysore road were absolutely crowded with a fleet of cars outside. Good thing being we carried packed food for lunch and had it on the roadside, saved good deal of time.
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:09   #12967
Senior - BHPian

Any idea whether we need a pass to go from Kerala to Tamil Nadu? Is there any checking?
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:25   #12968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Any idea whether we need a pass to go from Kerala to Tamil Nadu? Is there any checking?
I took TN transit pass while travelling to Bangalore. But there was no checking at Walayar (TN side/at 1pm).

Also, in the news, there is no restriction/pass requirements on intra state travel in TN except to hill stations.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...d-2216408.html
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:51   #12969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revver View Post
From what i saw last week, you will have to get down at Kumily check post, give your pass details.

As for the road condition, there is road work ongoing in the Lower camp .
Thanks for the info! Did they ask for anything in particular while checking your passes?

Also did you face congestion/ bottlenecks during the journey?
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 23:27   #12970
BHPian

I along with couple of my cousins did Hyderabad-Wayanad-Coorg-Chikmagalur-Hyderabad trip from 21-27 Oct. We did not carry any e-pass with us for Kerala since it was a last moment trip plan. On our arrival at Kerala border somewhere near Muthanga, we saw a huge tent like setup for Covid testing and vehicle registration. There was no queue as such, shared our contact details and got our passes made for around Rs150 per head then and there itself, surprisingly temperature check was totally ignored and we moved on. To our disappointment, all tourist destinations in Wayanad were closed and even the restaurants had limited menu. I would not suggest Wayanad for tourism as of now.
Travelling_Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:01   #12971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Thanks for the info! Did they ask for anything in particular while checking your passes?

Also did you face congestion/ bottlenecks during the journey?
Actually i was going to the TN side. i had the short visit pass with me. I only had to share the pass number, Passenger name, vehicle number, Where I'm coming from & Destination.

While I was there, incoming vehicles to KL were waiting in line. I think you will be asked to share the same details.

No congestions along the route. But the usual feel good vibe while taking this route was somewhat lost due to the multiple broken stretches.
revver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:29   #12972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Monk View Post
There was no queue as such, shared our contact details and got our passes made for around Rs150 per head then and there itself
Rs. 150/head for getting entry pass? Something is fishy. There is no charges of any sort for e pass to Kerala.

Who charged this? Who were managing the tend?
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 09:52   #12973
BHPian

Friends,

I Plan to Visit Kerala/Kottayam from Mumbai next month.

Could you please advise me which route to stick too along with the road conditions if possible.

I plan to register in the Jagratha portal for a short visit pass.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th November 2020, 23:16   #12974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Rs. 150/head for getting entry pass? Something is fishy. There is no charges of any sort for e pass to Kerala.

Who charged this? Who were managing the tend?
I have no clue about who set up this tent, but it sure did look like some sort of a temporary setup by the police as every vehicle was being stopped. We did not bother to argue since we were already running short of time and language barrier did not help either. We were questioned about our duration of stay and our phone numbers were taken. We were being called every day by some unknown person regarding our location for the entire duration of stay.
Old 5th November 2020, 14:37   #12975
BHPian

Travelled from BLR to Alleppey yesterday. Started from E-City @ 03:00, and reached home in Alleppey @ 14:00. This was including 2 breaks of 30 mins each. But still it took me more time than it usually takes (despite from Thrissur to Edappally, there wasn't much traffic).

From Salem till Coimbatore, there are 6 flyovers under construction
There was more than normal traffic (even for a weekday), maybe because people now feel more safe travelling in their own vehicles, which adds more traffic on road
Roads are not in perfect condition

Anyway, we made it home without any checks in between. There was nobody at Zuzuvadi for TN ePass check, and we passed freely. No checks anywhere in TN. At Walayar, I couldn't spot anyone stopping vehicles (entered @ 08:00). So, that was also a free pass, and no other checks anywhere else.

After reaching home, we informed our local health rep, and they came to paste a sticker outside our home informing about quarantine. They informed that either we can go for a 7 day quarantine and then Covid test in 8th day, but we opted not to go for test. So, they said we need to be quarantined for 28 days. Not sure where this 28 days came, when asked, they said, this is because our ward is containment zone.
Repsol is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed