Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 11:46   #13171
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Complete a trip from Bangalore - Palakkad -Bangalore, Through Salem, Coimbatore.

As member rohitoasis posted earlier, can confirm - NO Covid checking at any of the border crossings. (Walayar and Attibele Toll) None of the vehicles travelling were stopped for enquiry by the officials.

Was driving a KA registered Vehicle, Left Friday Evening, Returned Sunday night.

Most probably the checks are being done at the airport and not at any other location.
Old 1st March 2021, 12:00   #13172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernang View Post

Most probably the checks are being done at the airport and not at any other location.
I can confirm that checking for covid negative RTPC test certificate is on 24/7 and the officials there are very strict at Makutta, border between Kannur and Kodagu.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 12:36   #13173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I can confirm that checking for covid negative RTPC test certificate is on 24/7 and the officials there are very strict at Makutta, border between Kannur and Kodagu.
So based on evidence then the inference here is that there is check at the Kerala-Karnataka Border, but not at the Kerala-TN and TN-Karnataka border for vehicles.
Old 1st March 2021, 13:24   #13174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernang View Post
So based on evidence then the inference here is that there is check at the Kerala-Karnataka Border, but not at the Kerala-TN and TN-Karnataka border for vehicles.
yes. But have seen some reports that KL registered vehicles are being randomly stopped and checked for test reports at Attibele (TN-KA border check post).
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:32   #13175
BHPian

Travelled TVM-BLR via Madurai yesterday (01/03) in my KA registered vehicle. We weren't stopped anywhere for any check. But we had got the RT-PCR done, as we had to send the results to the property manager before we arrived.
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:41   #13176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Yes, I travelled back to Bangalore through Makutta on last Sunday with the test reports. They have built a temporary booth and every vehicle is getting stopped there. They write down your details from the report and let you pass. There was so many trucks and private vehicles queued up a the check post probably hoping they can pass through but the officials were very strict. As I reached the border close to 6AM I could navigate on the other lane and pass through the queue faster. In fact I did waste 10min waiting in the queue thinking all of them are waiting with reports!
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:24   #13177
BHPian

Came to Bangalore through Iritty - Makutta border on 28th Feb Sunday.

There was a huge pile up (may be more than a 1km) of trucks parked on the narrow ghat road (facing towards Karnataka), because they were not allowed entry without RT-PCR report. Private vehicles without report were also denied entry. We had to go in the 'right side' lane because of the parked trucks and this created issues with trucks entering Kerala through same lane and generally narrow roads.

We had the report ready and had to submit the same for us to be allowed entry. No checking anywhere after the border. Ours is KA registered vehicle.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:27   #13178
Senior - BHPian

Any latest update on travel from Palakkad to Bangalore with reference to RTPCR checks?

Now with TN mandating quarantine and negative test results, wouldn't be there a check at Walayar for people entering to TN from Kerala atleast, if not at Attibele?

A friend wanted to go pick his mother from Palakkad and come back to Bangalore this weekend, but doesn't want to get through the test procedures. Wondering if he can try that.
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:30   #13179
Team-BHP Support

Parents drove to Coimbatore from Palakkad and returned today. No checking of any sorts by the cops on both sides although cops are stationed in the service lane at the usual spot.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 19:11   #13180
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friend came to Banglaore in flight from Trivandrum, no checking was done.

He returned in car via Madurai, Sengottai to Trivandrum, again no checking anywhere.
Old 5th March 2021, 14:07   #13181
Senior - BHPian

Any latest (past 2 days) update on the checking on Palakkad - Bangalore stretch? So as to be more clear for a trip on this weekend, for a friend.
Old 5th March 2021, 14:14   #13182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any latest (past 2 days) update on the checking on Palakkad - Bangalore stretch? So as to be more clear for a trip on this weekend, for a friend.
Walayar: No checking as of yesterday and today morning too. Been commuting as normal. 2 cops during the evenings, but no vehicle is getting stopped. None at all in the mornings.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:49   #13183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Walayar: No checking as of yesterday and today morning too. Been commuting as normal. 2 cops during the evenings, but no vehicle is getting stopped. None at all in the mornings.
Yesterday (4th) evening I saw some people with torches stopping vehicles. This was at around 10.30 PM. I saw a couple of trucks and a KL-registered Traveller stopped by them (ie, parked on the roadside where these people were).

This was at the starting point of KG Chavadi bypass (towards Coimbatore).

Edit: Possible that this was election-related checking.
Old 6th March 2021, 10:32   #13184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yesterday (4th) evening I saw some people with torches stopping vehicles. This was at around 10.30 PM.
Replying to self.

After this I took a night halt at Coimbatore and started for Bangalore at around 12 noon. Big mistake - it was incredibly hot on the road (at some point, I noticed my mobile showing 38°C). I turned off the highway at Bhavani and took the Mettur-Mecheri-Palacode-Kelamangalam-Attibele route which is tree-lined and shady for the most part (except the sad-looking hillocks along the ghat road between Mecheri-Pennagaram). Added a couple of hours to the journey but it was a lot more pleasant.

I also stopped to buy and consume an ORS drink from a wayside medical store. I strongly advise anyone contemplating driving through TN during daytime for the next several months to carry a supply of these.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 15:12   #13185
BHPian

Travelled from Kerala to Bangalore yesterday (6-Mar).

Route: Palakkad -> Coimbatore -> Salem -> Hosur -> Bagalur

Was carrying negative RT-PCR test results for all travelers. But did not encounter any checking anywhere. We travelled during day time.

RT-PCR test experience:

Went to a private lab on Thursday to do the RT-PCR test. The technician took nasal swabs (both nostrils) and throat swabs from each of us. I was a bit apprehensive about how my 7-year old daughter will tolerate the nasal swab. But she did not face much discomfort. (It probably helped that she had a bit of a runny nose). I on the other hand, felt the swab going all the way up my nostrils and the feeling of something inside my nose stayed for the rest of the day.

The results came the next day morning (all negative). With 1600 charged per person, burnt a sizeable hole in the pocket. As the RT-PCR test is a must for gulf travelers, most labs and hospitals in Kerala appear well versed with the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks