Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 21:43   #13246
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Drove Bangalore Palakkad on Saturday. Left at 00:45 and was home at 06:45, with a 45 minutes break at McDonald's Shoolagiri.

No checking whatsoever anywhere. Saw a couple of pick up trucks and mini lorries flagged near Dharmapuri, which might be for election related checking.

Quite dense CV traffic but not many private vehicles on the road - one reason I could maintain a steady pace throughout the trip.

The 6-lane stretch between Vijayamangalam and Neelambur has deteriorated a lot. The L&T CBE bypass still remains the worst stretch on this route.
Did you take any epass to enter Kerala? If yes can you share the link?
Old 7th April 2021, 01:35   #13247
Senior - BHPian

I did not register or take a pass for entering Kerala. However I did inform the JHI who was handling the COVID testing the last time we'd travelled. The TN e-Pass was supposed to be mandatory hence we registered in the TNEGA portal https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Did you take any epass to enter Kerala? If yes can you share the link?
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 09:33   #13248
BHPian

Has anybody returned to Bangalore from Kerala in the last couple of days? Are they strictly checking for RTPCR report? I am in Kerala but may have to travel back in bus. So wondering how do they check the RTPCR report for bus travelers?
Old 7th April 2021, 11:31   #13249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Has anybody returned to Bangalore from Kerala in the last couple of days? Are they strictly checking for RTPCR report? I am in Kerala but may have to travel back in bus. So wondering how do they check the RTPCR report for bus travelers?
Drove back to BLR on 05Apr via Makutta, and RTPCR was checked and verified before being allowed in. With many fake reports, the folks at the checkpost scan the QR code to validate.
xotiq is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 20:59   #13250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went home for elections and came back. Karnataka's rules say that people who come in from Kerala should have a RT-PCR tested negative certificate which is less than 72 hours old. Since I would be returning the very next day; I took the RT-PCR from Bangalore only.

Also registered in the COVID Pass web site for Kerala. Did not bother to register at TN site (as I was travelling by train).

I made both the journeys by train. No one in Kerala checked for my e-Pass. No one in the train or at KJM RS checked for my RT-PCR as well.

This is update as of today (07/04/2021).
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 23:39   #13251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody returned to Bangalore from Kerala in the last couple of days? Are they strictly checking for RTPCR report? I am in Kerala but may have to travel back in bus.
Which part of Kerala and that really matters. If you are passing though makkutta check post (Kannur district), then even bus travelers are not spared and that's probably the only check post which is strict on test results.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 04:14   #13252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Which part of Kerala and that really matters. If you are passing though makkutta check post (Kannur district), then even bus travelers are not spared and that's probably the only check post which is strict on test results.
I will be travelling from Thrissur to Bangalore via Palakkad, Coimbatore, Salem route. Do they stop bus passengers at the border and check for the negative reports?
Old 8th April 2021, 08:09   #13253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I
Also registered in the COVID Pass web site for Kerala. Did not bother to register at TN site (as I was travelling by train).
Can you please share the link where you got you epass for Kerala?
Meanwhile, Kerala mandates 7-day quarantine for people coming in from other states-
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...urce=Dailyhunt

Last edited by rakesh_r : 8th April 2021 at 08:12.
Old 8th April 2021, 08:25   #13254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Can you please share the link where you got you epass for Kerala?
Meanwhile, Kerala mandates 7-day quarantine for people coming in from other states-
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...urce=Dailyhunt
Sharing the link.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

Let me verify if there is any checking and let you know. There was no such checking till today morning.
rohitoasis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 10:24   #13255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be travelling from Thrissur to Bangalore via Palakkad, Coimbatore, Salem route. Do they stop bus passengers at the border and check for the negative reports?
No they do not stop buses. They do not even stop cars. Like said earlier, as of now, as per reports from various travelers, the RTPCR checking is done only at check posts directly bordering Kannur and Calicut districts.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 20:30   #13256
BHPian

I did a fast trip to Coimbatore today. The Walayar crossing was a breeze, basically I did not see any activity, either way. Today's news is that the Covid protocols will be in full swing from today, I don't think it is started yet, may be in a day or two, I think the 7 day quarantine will be enforced, wait and watch. The Kuthiran sector both ways was a pain, creeping slow traffic.
Old 8th April 2021, 21:46   #13257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Sharing the link.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

Let me verify if there is any checking and let you know. There was no such checking till today morning.
Entered details on the link and never got a link to download the pass. IIRC, the pass was automatically generated upon entering the details no? It shows up on the list of passes I’ve registered for but can’t download it. Oh well!
Old 9th April 2021, 08:16   #13258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Entered details on the link and never got a link to download the pass. IIRC, the pass was automatically generated upon entering the details no? It shows up on the list of passes I’ve registered for but can’t download it. Oh well!
Earlier we used to get a message. But looks like that message does not come anymore. For cases where you have registered and not got the download link. There is this section. (I meant the link in the yellow highlighted portion)

All Roads to Kerala-capture.jpg

Enter Mobile number and an OTP and we get all our registered passes against that mobile number and you can download the pass from here

PS: There was no checking at the border as of yesterday evening and as of today morning 7 AM. I will keep this thread updated if i see any change in the activity at the border.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 9th April 2021 at 08:22.
rohitoasis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 08:46   #13259
Senior - BHPian

Surge in Covid cases; Govt decides to make quarantine mandatory for other state returnees.
The latest news update clarifies the confusion on 'quarantine' for out of state travellers.
1. No restriction in entry of people from outside Kerala.
2. No 'quarantine' required if those people cross the borders back within 7 days of entry.
3. 'Quarantine' of 7 days followed by RT PCR required for people who plan to stay beyond 7 days.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 10:36   #13260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Earlier we used to get a message. But looks like that message does not come anymore. For cases where you have registered and not got the download link. There is this section. (I meant the link in the yellow highlighted portion)

Attachment 2142448

Enter Mobile number and an OTP and we get all our registered passes against that mobile number and you can download the pass from here

PS: There was no checking at the border as of yesterday evening and as of today morning 7 AM. I will keep this thread updated if i see any change in the activity at the border.
Many thanks, just tried it and I could download the permit (in pdf format).

Most Viewed