Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 19:53   #13261
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

This beautiful love letter was in my letterbox today (probably was lying there for a few days; in this day of email who checks the letterbox?). I was moved to tears.

(Slightly redacted)

All Roads to Kerala-kerala-mvd-20210409.jpg
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 11:28   #13262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This beautiful love letter was in my letterbox today (probably was lying there for a few days; in this day of email who checks the letterbox?). I was moved to tears.

(Slightly redacted)

Attachment 2142653
Thanks for sharing this. I checked for my vehicle and there was a ticket from November 15th that too in the Palakkad-Ottapalam stretch. DId not even know that stretch was monitored. Quickly paid it off online. Steep fine of INR 1500

For all folks driving KA registered cars into Kerala and assuming that the KL MVD does not have the access to the regn. info details to generate the ticket, I think we have just been proved wrong(should be true for other states also). Below is the link to check:

Kerala MVD Camera Fine

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 10th April 2021 at 11:30.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 21:04   #13263
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Thrissur, KL today. Took the usual Attibele - Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur route. Started at 5:45 AM and reached home by 12:30 PM. Overall an event free drive. Given the news around checking, had TN transit e-Pass and KL jagratha portal permit. There we no checks whatsoever anywhere on the way. Didn't observe anything going on in the opposite direction as well. I believe it's all just in the govt guidelines published and in the news. There's hardly any enforcement happening on the ground.

Last edited by PADAS : 11th April 2021 at 21:06.
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 23:59   #13264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Drove back to BLR on 05Apr via Makutta, and RTPCR was checked and verified before being allowed in. With many fake reports, the folks at the checkpost scan the QR code to validate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I went home for elections and came back. Karnataka's rules say that people who come in from Kerala should have a RT-PCR tested negative certificate which is less than 72 hours old. Since I would be returning the very next day; I took the RT-PCR from Bangalore only.
Is RT PCR Negative Test needed for folks entering Karnataka by road from Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh? Or is it only for those coming from the states of Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Chandigarh?
Old 12th April 2021, 10:42   #13265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
...Or is it only for those coming from the states of Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, and Chandigarh?
As of now, Yes, only for people coming from these states. That too not strictly enforced.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 13:52   #13266
BHPian

I also called the hotline numbers on Seva Sindhu and they also confirmed that they have information of the est being mandatory only for Kerala and Maharashtra.
Old 15th April 2021, 11:22   #13267
Senior - BHPian

Had driven to Calicut from Bangalore via Salem-Palakkad on Tuesday. Some updates:

1. Two of the flyovers under construction between Salem & Coimbatore are now opened to traffic. These are built with 4+4 lanes.

2. Some sections of the redeveloped NH 966 are also opened to traffic. The road isn't widened from what I could see. Just a new surface and well-marked median and shoulders.

3. Zero police presence anywhere. Not even at the junctions where I used to see them during pre-Covid days.

4. Nobody seemed to have gotten the memo regarding lights-out at 9 PM. Since it was Vishu eve most shops were open even past 11 PM. :-)

5. Hadn't noticed this before; but the Perundurai A2B complex is accessible from the westbound carriageway also without a detour. The break in median that makes this possible is indicated well in advance (appropriately via A2B-branded billboards/signposts). Took my only break during the journey (solely for bio needs) here.

6. Now that Fastags are common and issues less, passing through every tollbooth was a breeze. Had free lanes at each one.
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:24   #13268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I checked for my vehicle and there was a ticket from November 15th that too in the Palakkad-Ottapalam stretch. DId not even know that stretch was monitored. Quickly paid it off online. Steep fine of INR 1500

For all folks driving KA registered cars into Kerala and assuming that the KL MVD does not have the access to the regn. info details to generate the ticket, I think we have just been proved wrong(should be true for other states also). Below is the link to check:

Kerala MVD Camera Fine
Interestingly last week I also received a fine demand letter for November 2020 in Alathur stretch. Looks like they clearing some backlog.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:24   #13269
BHPian

Quote:
Had driven to Calicut from Bangalore via Salem-Palakkad on Tuesday. Some updates:
Was there any covid checkpost at Attibele? I'm planning a drive from Palakkad to Bangalore on saturday.
Old 15th April 2021, 13:09   #13270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Was there any covid checkpost at Attibele? I'm planning a drive from Palakkad to Bangalore on saturday.
Sorry, I always avoid Attibele, preferring to join NH 44 at Hosur or Soolagiri instead. I did not pass through the interstate border here.

What I am given to understand is that if you drive a KL-registered vehicle, you will be checked.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:41   #13271
Senior - BHPian

Was travelling from Pune to Palakkad, entered Kerala through Walayar border. Surprisingly not even a single policeman or health personnel were manning the border.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-4e4796e77881426f9d84da16acb8931e.jpeg  

rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:59   #13272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
not even a single policeman or health personnel were manning the border.
Given that Kerala has no restrictions on interstate travel at the moment we wouldn't expect any, no?
Old 17th April 2021, 09:54   #13273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Given that Kerala has no restrictions on interstate travel at the moment we wouldn't expect any, no?
Going by the rise in cases, it's pretty much unpredictable. Better to apply for an epass.
Old 17th April 2021, 18:47   #13274
BHPian

Hi All,hope everyone's doing fine wrt.Covid.
Travel rules seem to be changing very often. I plan to travel from Hyderabad to Thrissur via Bangalore by car this 19th and return after 10 days.Any advice on route,passes to be taken or anything else to be considered will be of great help.

Last edited by Ram78 : 17th April 2021 at 18:52.
Old 17th April 2021, 18:57   #13275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hi All,hope everyone's doing fine wrt.Covid.
Travel rules seem to be changing very often. I plan to travel from Hyderabad to Thrissur via Bangalore by car this 19th and return after 10 days.Any advice on route,passes to be taken or anything else to be considered will be of great help.
As per latest rules on paper, you need to register in the jagrata portal for Kerala and if you plan to be there for more than 7 days, have to quarantine and get tested after day 7.

Again as per rules, entering Bangalore from Kerala requires a negative rt pcr.

Enforcement of all of this I guess is spotty to non existent as of now. But things can change.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks