Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 11:37   #14341
BANNED

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, I am planning a weekend trip to Taj Bekal from Bangalore this week. Intend to stay at Mysore 1st night
Hi.

Following threads might help you.

Traveling from Bangalore to Mangalore. (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)

Bangalore Kannur (Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries) travel.

Repeated - beaches (Kannur vs Kappad - which has better roads/beaches from Bangalore-Wayanad ?) in the area.

The recent Honda drive (Honda Drive to Discover | Bangalore - Coorg - Wayanad - Kochi | Spice, coffee and tea route) from Bangalore to kichi via Mysore and Wynad. Travelogue by mid, Rudra Sen.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:13   #14342
BHPian

How is the road conditions from Mangalore to Kochi via Kannur, Kozhikkode? Is road widening really slowing down this route?
Old 13th March 2023, 14:26   #14343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
How is the road conditions from Mangalore to Kochi via Kannur, Kozhikkode? Is road widening really slowing down this route?
Your progress would be quicker if you were to load your car onto a raft and row it along the Arabian sea to Kochi.

Last edited by binand : 13th March 2023 at 14:35.
binand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:06   #14344
BHPian

Quote:
I did this route in Jan 2023. Though the road is generally fine throughout, the constant traffic and frequent diversions will be very frustrating.

Just for reference, I started from Mangalore at 6:30 AM and reached Guruvayoor around 6 PM with 3 breaks. Google maps will also keep rerouting based on the Traffic situation. So, if you have lots of time at hand and truckloads of patience....try it out

I think if you do not mind night drives, then it would be the best option.
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:58   #14345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Your progress would be quicker if you were to load your car onto a raft and row it along the Arabian sea to Kochi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post

I think if you do not mind night drives, then it would be the best option.
Thanks! I guess night drive is the best option.
Old 14th March 2023, 14:47   #14346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I guess night drive is the best option.
You can also consider an eastern route like Mangalore-Madikeri-Mananthavadi-Thamarassery-Arekode-Perinthalmanna-Thrissur-Kochi. The usual Kerala irritants will all be there, but no roadworks delays/diversions.
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 20:50   #14347
BHPian

Which is the best alternate route from Bangalore (Kengeri) to Ernakulam (Perumbavoor)? I usually take the usual route Hosur-Krishnagiri-Salem-Avinashi-Palakkad-Thrissur-Angamaly. Thought will take a different route for a change. Will be starting from home in Kengeri at 5 AM or so, so will be during the day, night time road restrictions won’t be an issue.
Can travel via the new Mysore express way too if taking the Mysore route.

Will be travelling in an EV (Nexon EV Max) so would need charging stations too, but that I can lookup using PlugShare.

Is the Kengeri-Mysuru-Chamrajnagar-Sathyamangalam-Coimbatore-Thrissur route good?

Last edited by varkey : 18th March 2023 at 21:02.
Old 19th March 2023, 00:42   #14348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Which is the best alternate route from Bangalore (Kengeri) to Ernakulam (Perumbavoor)?
If charging stations aren’t a problem, Kengeri- Mysore expressway- Malavalli- T. Narasipura- chamarajnagar- sathy- annur bypass- Karumathampatti- L n T bypass- Walayar- Ernakulam is a decent option. Might not be much longer that the usual route.
Old 25th March 2023, 17:57   #14349
Senior - BHPian

I have a trip to Thoothukudi in April 1st week and wanted to know the status of the new NH66 stretch to get to TN border from Trivandrum.

And any new bypasses on the TN side going that side?
Old 28th March 2023, 14:04   #14350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Which is the best alternate route from Bangalore (Kengeri) to Ernakulam (Perumbavoor)?
Shortest route is via Nilambur, but may not be the fastest. The route would be : Kengeri - Mysore - Nanjangud - Bandipur - Gudalur - Nilambur - Vandoor - Perinthalmanna - Pattambi - Vadakkanchery - Thrissur - Angamaly - Perumbavoor.
Old 29th March 2023, 15:35   #14351

Hi,
I am planning road trip from Mumbai-Goa-Ashtamudi in end of May23.
Can someone guide me the for the road conditions of NH 66 from Mumbai to Goa & Goa to Ashtamudi.

Travelling with family
Old 29th March 2023, 17:27   #14352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin76 View Post
I am planning road trip from Mumbai-Goa-Ashtamudi in end of May23.
Can someone guide me the for the road conditions of NH 66 from Mumbai to Goa & Goa to Ashtamudi.
I think NH 66 is getting redeveloped for almost its entire length. You might want to consider crossing over to NH 48 at/near Hubli and proceeding along Bangalore-Salem-Madurai towards Ashtamudi.
Old 29th March 2023, 22:46   #14353

Hi ,

Me and my friends are planning for a drive from Trivandrum (Kerala) to Goa and back . The drive is planned on first week of April .

We are planning to from Trivandrum to Payyanur on the first day and then attend a function and start the journey from Payyanur to Goa on the second day noon and planning to return in single stretch.

Can someone guide about the road conditions from Payyanur to Goa and how much time it might take on an Innova Crysta .
It would be grateful if someone can point out some good eateries on the way from Payyanur to Goa
Old 30th March 2023, 20:32   #14354
Distinguished - BHPian

A general update on the Gundlepet-Gudalur-Nadugani-Nilambur route. There were reports of it being bad on the TN section. This has all been fixed. The forest section is as good as always. Gudalur-Nadugani has been freshly relaid and Nadugani to TN Border is fully patched and partly relaid also. Smooth drive now. The Kerala section has been great for sometime now.

In the recent past from Bangalore to Tirur, I used to take the Salem-Palakkad route which took same or less time even being significantly longer.

With that route becoming more congested and the expressway knocking off at least 1-1.5 hrs from the travel time, no longer makes sense to take the Salem route to Tirur and surrounding areas.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 09:50   #14355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Kerala section has been great for sometime now.
How is the Kottakkal-Malappuram-Manjeri-Vazhikadav stretch now? Has the road widening project completed on this stretch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks