Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 12:36   #1
LLL
BHPian

Need info on Delhi - Jammu trip

this post is against essence of t-bhp that all trips should be made in a car..but i need to make a trip using a bus from delhi to jammu.

I need to take a bus in morning from delhi. i have researched everywhere but couldnt find any info, almost all buses start from delhi in evening. if anyone has any info on morn buses, please share.
Old 18th August 2007, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

LLL, go to the strech that accomodates travel agents (bus operators) near lal qila. Buses run the whole day for Jammu. Alternatively, call up 22222222 and check for local (private) bus operators. Alternatively, call up ISBT to catch up a DTC/Volvo. Alternatively, stand at NH-1 bypass and catch a bus.
Old 19th August 2007, 10:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Too many alternates...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
LLL, go to the strech that accomodates travel agents (bus operators) near lal qila. Buses run the whole day for Jammu. Alternatively, call up 22222222 and check for local (private) bus operators. Alternatively, call up ISBT to catch up a DTC/Volvo. Alternatively, stand at NH-1 bypass and catch a bus.
Old 19th August 2007, 11:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

No seriously,another place to go is the CP mein bus station near hanuman mandir - some stadium or something. lotsa private buses return back there. you *could* find offices there.

rest panky has covered
Old 19th August 2007, 11:43   #5
LLL
BHPian

I am trying the first 2.

>3. Alternatively, call up ISBT to catch up a DTC/Volvo.
DTC has a volvo in evening only

> 4. Alternatively, stand at NH-1 bypass and catch a bus.
well...i will like to get reserved seats and not run around trying to catch buses at a busy road.

if anyone knows an operator, please let me know.
Old 19th August 2007, 14:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

try this:

Just Dial: Delhi's #1 Local Search Engine & Online Yellow Pages
Old 19th August 2007, 14:49   #7
BHPian

Why bus only?
You can get trains like JAMMU SUPERFAST , MALWA express etc.. around 5 in the morning & reach JAMMU around 3 pm
A bus journey will take about 2 hours more as the road between JALLANDHAR & PATHANKOT And further Approx.70 km. strech before JAMMU is under 4-laning.Bus journey will be more tiring.
Best option is to catch a night train & reach there in the morning & use your daytime.
One should make such trips in the day time while driving in cars.
BTW this is my personal thinking & moreover having made more than 100 trips from DELHI TO JAMMU/PATHANKOT on car,bus,train & even bike,i think i can help you out.
Old 19th August 2007, 19:45   #8
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Why bus only?
You can get trains like JAMMU SUPERFAST , MALWA express etc.. around 5 in the morning & reach JAMMU around 3 pm
A bus journey will take about 2 hours more as the road between JALLANDHAR & PATHANKOT And further Approx.70 km. strech before JAMMU is under 4-laning.Bus journey will be more tiring.
Best option is to catch a night train & reach there in the morning & use your daytime.
One should make such trips in the day time while driving in cars.
BTW this is my personal thinking & moreover having made more than 100 trips from DELHI TO JAMMU/PATHANKOT on car,bus,train & even bike,i think i can help you out.
thanks breezydrive. bus is my first option as i can get off at asia hotel in jammu, which is my destination. almost all buses pass in front of that.
train is my second option...i will have to arrange some additional transport from station to asia hotel. i will go with trains you mentioned. i cant take a night bus/train as i will get free at around mid-night from my work and then i will have to travel to jammu. Hence the plan to travel in morning.
I would have loved to drive myself, but this time i will be travelling alone so dont want to drive 600+ kms all alone.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:18   #9
BHPian

Buses to Jammu : Travelling by Volvo B7R bus in India: Volvo timings and fare from Delhi to other cities

The problem is volvo runs overnight only on this route..

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 23rd August 2007 at 10:23.
Old 18th April 2023, 12:56   #10
BHPian

re: Need info on Delhi - Jammu trip

Sorry couldn't find any other relevant thread and hence bumping this really old thread.

I am travelling to Jammu from Mumbai and as a back-up (in case the current waitlisted train tickets do not get confirmed) plan to travel by bus from Delhi to Jammu. Would prefer a sleeper coach and preferably the government run ones over the numerous private operators.

Could anyone who has used bus as a mode of travel from Delhi to Jammu, please suggest the options that I have.

Secondly, is it advisable to directly land at ISBT Delhi and hope to find a seat available on a bus or is it better to book in advance.

I would be travelling with my 11 year old kid and mostly be in Delhi around 6th / 7th May for the onwards journey to Jammu.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Note to mods: Is it possible to have a common thread for all long distance public transport (bus and train) queries. I could see a few threads but mostly within city travels. Or if there is already some thread existing, then please move this post to the relevant thread.

Cheers,
Mayank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks