Team-BHP - Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27867-bangalore-dharmastala-kukke-sringeri-horanadu-route-queries-12.html)

Day 1 sounds very hectic.

Perhaps you should stay at Horanadu for the night, get to Sringeri the next morning and evening second day at Dharmasthala for darshan..

Thanks airguitar, we have accommodation in Sringeri plus we have early morning poojas/sevas at Sringeri on Day 2. Hence I would like to go to Horanadu and then Sringeri for the night halt.

Would you be able to let me know the current condition of the route I have chosen?

Friends,
I am planning to visit Kukke around the Republic day. Pasting the routes suggested by Google Maps. Need your inputs if its a decent one. I would be driving down with my spouse and 2 kids.

This is the route I plan to take for going to Kukke.
Brigade Metropolis, Bengaluru, Karnataka to kukke subramanya temple - Google Maps

On the way back, I plan to take the other route which I beleieve is the standard route.
kukke subramanya temple to Brigade Metropolis, Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps

Need your inputs on the route conditions and on places to eat and sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2647439)
Food-stops + rest rooms:
1. Mayura (KSTDC) after BeLLur (not Belur). On the left when going from BLR
2. Kamat Upachar before Hassan.

The Mayura at Bellur Cross is not a unit of KSTDC. This is a private restaurant. KSTDC restaurants were called Mayura but I haven't seen any of them recently. Have they been closed down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2647588)
The Mayura at Bellur Cross is not a unit of KSTDC. This is a private restaurant. KSTDC restaurants were called Mayura but I haven't seen any of them recently. Have they been closed down?

Think they still are around : e.g. Mayura Gerusoppa at Jogfalls , Mayura Velapuri at Belur etc..

@lottoman : I last did those routes in August. Perhaps others on this forum can comment on the latest on the road state

Thanks airguitar for your inputs.

Can somebody let me know the current condition of the route.

@lottoman

I am planning the exact route you took sometime in this month.
Can you please share the road condition experience you had ?
I will be driving a maruti estilo, so very eager to know how it was for you in innova

Planning a trip to Sringeri next month. Which one would be better:
  1. Bangalore - Hassan - Chikmagalur - Aldur - Jayapura - Sringeri
  2. Bangalore - Hassan - Sakhaleshpura - Mudigere - Jayapura - Sringeri
  3. Other route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3420920)
Other route?

You left out the best one....
Bangalore-Chitradurga-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Sringeri

Almost belter of a road all the way. Shimga-Thirthahalli a bit of decent section (not a wow! section). But otherwise, this is the best route.

Quote:

Other route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3420940)

Almost belter of a road all the way. Shimga-Thirthahalli a bit of decent section (not a wow! section). But otherwise, this is the best route.

Yes, we took this route as well onward from Bangalore to Tirthahalli.

More details on the route here

Quote:

Planning a trip to Sringeri next month. Which one would be better:
  1. Bangalore - Hassan - Chikmagalur - Aldur - Jayapura - Sringeri
  2. Bangalore - Hassan - Sakhaleshpura - Mudigere - Jayapura - Sringeri
  3. Other route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3420940)

I have travelled in all the above 3 routes recently.
I would suggest you to stcik on to BLR-HASSAN-CKM-ALDUR-JAYAPURA-SRINGERI as this is the shortest of all 3 routes and only a small bad stretch for 4-5 kms from Aldur rest is in good condition.

@ampere, that's a very long route if Sringeri is the sole purpose of visit (almost 90-100kms more)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 3420968)
@ampere, that's a very long route if Sringeri is the sole purpose of visit (almost 90-100kms more)

Thats right. Going via Shimoga will add 100KM more & Google maps say 1 hour more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 3420968)

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3420977)
Thats right. Going via Shimoga will add 100KM more & Google maps say 1 hour more.

Agreed. If Sringeri is the only purpose. Aldur option makes sense. Definitely a 100km detour does not make sense, unless one wants to visit places on the way.

Thanks Sushrutha, to put things in perspective.

I visited Horanadu & Sringeri in my Rapid.
Bangalore - Hassan - Chikmagalur - Aldur - Jayapura - Sringeri route is excellent.
While going first I wanted to visit Horanadu, took Hassan-Belur-Kottigehara route. But Kottigehara to Horanadu road was very bad, except for some good patches here & there. While coming back from Sringeri took Balehonnur-CKM-Hassan route, which is really good.

Via chitradurga-shimoga is a bit round about. But roads up to chitradurga should be 4 lanes.

Hi Bhpians,

I am planning to visit Dharmastala and Kukke this weekend, need help on the road condition and the route. I stay in Nagarabhavi and will be starting early morning on Friday. Will reach Dharmastala first and plan to reach Kukke by friday evening , visit Kukke on Sat and leave to Mysore and will be driving a ford fiesta diesel. Am not sure on the current road condition since it has been raining these days as per the news and I have never been to these places before.

Help needed on the below routes :

Blore to Dharmastala
Dharmastala to Kukke
Kukke to Mysore