Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 12:38   #406
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries

I'm planning for a trip to Sringeri, Hornadu, Dharmasthala and Kukke. Last time I blindly followed google maps from Sringeri - Hornadu and it took 3.5 hours due to detours and bad roads. At some point I thought I was lost without any mobile network. I think google maps asked me to take some shortcuts that were not meant for cars. I'm pasting google maps screen shots here, please help me identify roads to take/avoid. Thank you.

Sringeri -> Hornadu
Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries-sringeri_hornadu.png
Hornadu -> Dharmasthala
Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries-hornadu_dharmasthala.png
Dharmasthala -> Kukke
Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries-dharmasthala_kukke.png

Also, I've never used Shiradi section (I was asked to avoid it and use Charmadi at all costs). Returning to Bangalore via Kukke should I (or can I?) be avoiding Shiradi ?
Old 19th January 2024, 21:14   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
I'm planning for a trip to Sringeri, Hornadu, Dharmasthala and Kukke. Last time I blindly followed google maps from Sringeri - Hornadu and it took 3.5 hours due to detours and bad roads. At some point I thought I was lost without any mobile network. I think google maps asked me to take some shortcuts that were not meant for cars. I'm pasting google maps screen shots here, please help me identify roads to take/avoid. Thank you.

There are two options here:

1. Sringeri-Jaypura-Balehonnur-Magundi-Kalasa-Horanadu
2. Sringeri - Kudremukh - Samse - Kalasa- Horanadu

Kukke-Bangalore you can try Bisle ghat. Kukke-Bisle-Kundrasthe-Shanivarsanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipur-CR Patna-Nelamangala-Bangalore

Last edited by ampere : 19th January 2024 at 21:17.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 13:56   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There are two options here:

1. Sringeri-Jaypura-Balehonnur-Magundi-Kalasa-Horanadu
2. Sringeri - Kudremukh - Samse - Kalasa- Horanadu

Kukke-Bangalore you can try Bisle ghat. Kukke-Bisle-Kundrasthe-Shanivarsanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipur-CR Patna-Nelamangala-Bangalore
Thank you. These are not the default google-maps directions. My trip has been pushed by few months. I'll report on my experience when I return.
Old 21st January 2024, 16:29   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
Thank you. These are not the default google-maps directions. My trip has been pushed by few months. I'll report on my experience when I return.
As far as I know, there is no direct route from Horanadu to Sringeri. You have to go back via Kalasa and there on the two options which I mentioned.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed