Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 11:37   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Dharmastala / Kukke / Sringeri / Horanadu : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Dee, just thinking aloud, wouldn't Charmadi be more time consuming compared to Kuduremukha?
I anticipate more truck traffic and fog in the early morning. But as you said, the roads are less twisty compared to Horanadu-Kottigehara-Ujire stretch.

As autospeaker highlighted, the facilities are basic at both places, so as Parag suggests try Ashirvad at Kalasa and start early morning to Dharmasthala.

Spiler, since you are traveling with a toddler, take a Special entry ticket and avoid standing in the queue between 10:30 am to 11:30 am at Dharmasthala. Good luck mate.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th November 2017 at 11:51. Reason: typo error
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 16:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Kalasa has limited options. Earlier Suprabha Regency is what I would recommend and that I heard latest from a friend has gone down in terms of quality.

Then there is Ashirwad which is a new entrant and has quite a good reviews. You can check this and decide in case you haven't froze the Hotel in Kalasa yet.
Thank you. Have booked Ashirwad Comforts as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
The temple provides the basic accommodation and of course, food, for all the visitors. This applies in both Horanadu and Sringeri.
Thanks. Will check the options however incase if doesnt work then i have booked a hotel as backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I anticipate more truck traffic and fog in the early morning. But as you said, the roads are less twisty compared to Horanadu-Kottigehara-Ujire stretch.

As autospeaker highlighted, the facilities are basic at both places, so as Parag suggests try Ashirvad at Kalasa and start early morning to Dharmasthala.

Spiler, since you are traveling with a toddler, take a Special entry ticket and avoid standing in the queue between 10:30 am to 11:30 am at Dharmasthala. Good luck mate.
Thank you. Will take the special entry ticket.
Old 13th December 2017, 09:17   #258
BHPian

Which is the best route between Sringeri and Horanadu out of the two options
1. via Shanthigrama, also the shortest route
2. via Jayapura, Basarikatte
Old 13th December 2017, 10:02   #259
Senior - BHPian

The route via Shanthigrama is the shortest, but be cautious about the deviations you get at the curves. There are 2 deviations which lead to Basarikatte, keep straight on Kogre Road at these two points.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 14:50   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Thank you. Have booked Ashirwad Comforts as of now.
Last year, I had stayed at Bhadra Nivasa logde in Horanadu with my family. At a walkable distance from the temple, this lodge has plenty of parking place,You can book the rooms by calling them up; and pay at the counter once you reach.
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 09:58   #261
BHPian

Hi all, I completed the Sringeri , Horanadu , Dharmasthala trip last weekend.
  • Bangalore - Sringeri : Took the route via Chikmagalur, Balehonnur. Good Roads. Took around 6 hrs with one break.
  • Sringeri - Kalasa: Took the Shantigrama route. Decent roads with some broken patches, since the drive was during the daytime there was no problem in tacking the bad sections. Took less than 2 hrs.
  • Kalasa : Stayed in Ashirwad Comforts. Nice clean hotel and good location. Has a decent restaurant. Visited Horanadu temple for the evening pooja.
  • Kalasa - Dharmasthala : Went via Kudremukh, Bajagoli route. Good roads, awesome scenery to keep you company till you cross the Kudremukh National park. Took less than 3 hours with 1 short break.

Thank you all for the information and guidance on the routes and accomodation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
Last year, I had stayed at Bhadra Nivasa logde in Horanadu with my family. At a walkable distance from the temple, this lodge has plenty of parking place,You can book the rooms by calling them up; and pay at the counter once you reach.
Hi, Thanks for the information. But i had already booked at Kalasa, was little apprehensive about the service, but got to know from many that this lodge is good. Will try it next time.

Last edited by ampere : 19th December 2017 at 10:05. Reason: back to back posts merged
spiler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 19:59   #262
Senior - BHPian

All
I plan to visit Udipi and Kollur , on the weekend of 11th July. It will be with my wife and my son.
I really will appreciate help on the route. The plan was for me to reach Udipi first and finish darshan, and look for a nice homestay near Agumbe, wake up at leisure on the sunday and finish Kollur darshan and head back home to Bangalore. Does that sound ok ?

Any inputs on route, and places to stay will be awesome. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:39   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
visit Udipi and Kollur
Hiriyur - Ajjampura - Tirthahalli - Agumbe - Udupi OR CR Patna - Arsikere - Tirthahalli - Agumbe - Udupi would be your best bets depending on what time you leave from bangalore.

Do check the BLR - Udupi and BLR - Kollur thread for more recent updates.

Would recommend Adigas Beach village homestay near Kundapura. More details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-getaway.html
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 21:54   #264
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much. Plan advanced by a week and i am leaving tomorrow :
So, here's my final plan.
Day 1, Saturday : Nice Road (4.30 AM) - Hiriyur - Ajjampur - Tirthahalli - Agumbe - Udupi - Kollur - Shravathi Adventure Camp ( 5 pm hopefully )

If there is anything specific that i should keep in mind between Udupi and Kollur, please let me know.

Day 2, Sunday : Shravathi ( Near Jog ) - Davangere - Chitradurga - Tumkur - Nice Road

Hope day 2 route is ok.

I did call Adigas Beach stay, but they are running full, so, had to sacrifice a beach and settle for a river side instead. Will update road conditions once i come back on sunday. If there is any change that i should do, i shall appreciate the inputs.
Old 27th July 2018, 16:31   #265
Senior - BHPian

Plan to do Sringeri-Horanadu-Kudremukh tomorrow. Below is my plan.
Saturday: Bangalore-Hassan-Chikamagalur- Aldur-Balehonnur-Seegodu-Sringeri. As per Google if I start by 5 AM should reach Sringeri by 12. Depart from Sringeri by 4, reach Kalsa and stay at Hotel. Visit Horanadu at around 8PM.
Sunday: Kalasa-Kudremukh-Kottigehara-Belur-Hassan-Bangalore.
Plan to start at 7AM visit Kudremukh(Park,Lakya Dam) and leave by 11AM.

From Sringeri to Horanadu, plan to to take Shantigram-Basarikatte route.

Does anybody have latest update on road conditions? Other than scenic SH66 is there anything else I can cover in 3-4 hours in Kudremukh? I don't want to trek.
Old 27th July 2018, 21:09   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Plan to do Sringeri-Horanadu-Kudremukh tomorrow.
All the roads you have marked for the drive are in good condition. The Basarikatte route isn't (or wasn't a few months ago) the best of the surfaces, but nothing that should make you worry. With heavy rains taking a short hiatus, the Kalasa-Horanadu stretch too would be an easy drive. However, do keep a keen eye for depleted shoulders and fallen branches after Chikkamagaluru.

Quote:
Other than scenic SH66 is there anything else I can cover in 3-4 hours in Kudremukh? I don't want to trek.
Unfortunately (or otherwise), unless you are ready for some footwork, the journey itself is the destination here. With Hanumanagundi falls closed for public, there isn't anything specific that you can aim for.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 12:22   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
All the roads you have marked for the drive are in good condition. The Basarikatte route isn't (or wasn't a few months ago) the best of the surfaces, but nothing that should make you worry. With heavy rains taking a short hiatus, the Kalasa-Horanadu stretch too would be an easy drive. However, do keep a keen eye for depleted shoulders and fallen branches after Chikkamagaluru.

Unfortunately (or otherwise), unless you are ready for some footwork, the journey itself is the destination here. With Hanumanagundi falls closed for public, there isn't anything specific that you can aim for.
Thank you for the suggestion. I came back yesterday and the road conditions were as you mentioned. The Basarikatte route did not have good surface at some places, but the rains and numerous streams ensured we weren't bored/tired. Add to that Innova was able to tackle the road with ease.
Kudremukha as you suggested is good for drive and pic's. We went to Bhagavati nature camp and returned back.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 21:28   #268
BHPian

I am from Hyderabad and will be visiting Bangalore on an official work. My family will join me on Nov 2nd and i am planning for the below locations in over 3-4 days. Can someone please let me know the 1) current road conditions 2) Is it safe to travel with family 3) any thing i should be aware of.

Bangalore-Shravanabelagola-Kukke Subrahmanya-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Sringeri-Hornadu-Chikmagalur-Halebeedu-Hyderabad

I read somewhere that few stretches are naxal infected. Is it safe to do this with family ?
Old 19th October 2018, 08:26   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Bangalore-Shravanabelagola-Kukke Subrahmanya-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Sringeri-Hornadu-Chikmagalur-Halebeedu-Hyderabad

I read somewhere that few stretches are naxal infected. Is it safe to do this with family ?
Absolutely YES, the area is not infected with naxal activities and very safe for family.

The above mentioned places are very famous tourist destinations and through out the year will be teeming with visitors.

I myself did Chikamagalur, Sringeri, Agumbe, Udupi, Kollur, Jog Falls and Bangalore trip last week with family.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 12:38   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be driving to Hornadu over the weekend. Any recommendations for a decent breakfast stop post temple visit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks