Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 08:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Goa NH 66 | Latest info & updates on the brand-new (almost ready) highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Your post is just in time! I need to drive down from Mumbai tomorrow morning and for the last few days I've been checking Google Maps to see what's the best route and it's been consistently indicating this one.

So I thought I'd drop by the forums and ask you folks if I should pick this over the Mumbai Bengaluru Nipani Ajra usual route?
I would stick to NH66 if I was in your driving seat. It will save toll money and time. In some cases time taken as compared to NH48 & NH66 maybe the same depending on driving style. I do save a lot of time as I start early.

Just be ready to face broken roads in some places which is not a major deterrent to avoid the NH66 and especially if you drive a high ground clearance vehicle.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 31st May 2024 at 08:55.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 17:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Goa NH 66 | Latest info & updates on the brand-new (almost ready) highway

A few days of rains and Indian Highways from "WHAT LOVELY" to "VAAT LAVLI".
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Goa NH 66 | Latest info & updates on the brand-new (almost ready) highway-gp2zdjuxkaadxsd.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 14:48   #33
BHPian

As per latest news, due to heavy rain in Kokan side, some section of retaining wall in Parshuram ghat, Chiplun on NH66 has collapsed due to landslide, resulting into closure of one lane in the ghat.

Kar_Om is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 20:26   #34
BHPian

I am due to travel from Navi Mumbai to South Goa on coming Thursday. Should I go via Pune route or the route in screenshot. I have an option to stay in Pune the previous day i.e. Wednesday and start from Pune to South Goa the next day.
Which one should I opt?

Mumbai - Goa NH 66 | Latest info & updates on the brand-new (almost ready) highway-img_0581.jpeg
Old 23rd June 2024, 21:32   #35
BHPian

Take the Pune route, with the monsoons already with us (Bombay should see rains in the next 24-48 hours), on NH66, you may encounter heavy rains and maybe uprooted trees blocking the road.
I would advise using the Pune route.
neofromcapone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Did a Mahabaleshwar-Arambol drive through NH66 and what a horrendous drive it was. Had to take beating from family for selecting this route. Not withstanding the diversions, the surface quality of completed sections are just terrible. Cant imagine that this would be tolled, not that there are'nt any such roads now. I feel with the region getting heavy rainfall, this highway would be as useless as current state of NH48.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed