Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 17:19   #256
Senior - BHPian

It is going to get worse in a months time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
What more can happen to this road? Closed for 8-10 months for repairs and concrete work, once it is reopen we are back to square one within 2 months.

I happened to visit B C Road this weekend, the whole journey was very tiresome. Rs 200 Cr is the amount officially spent on the Ghat repairs and it looks absoultely the same before the repairs(except for the concrete stretch on hair pin bends). Before it was only the ghats and now the entire stretch is ridden with potholes. Hassan bypass has almost become a cross country track. Trucks and two wheelers (between Kunigal and Hassan) are not making it very easy to hit highway speeds.

Until the 4 Lane is completed and ghats are redone with concrete i do not see any change on this NH.

Regards
Old 4th August 2008, 17:34   #257
BHPian

After reading the post i guess one cannot drive to mangalore this coming long weekend 14th 14th 16th. i have to a temple visit with my family and kids to kollur (after udupi). i am really confused which road,all road seem to be in pathetic situation. any suggestions.
i drive an optra magnum diesel. thanks
Old 4th August 2008, 17:47   #258
Team-BHP Support

If you are going from Bangalore to Kollur, don't even go 100kms of Mangalore. Search for kollur under the travel queries section. You will get better routes via Shivmoga-hosanagara-kollur.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:52   #259
Senior - BHPian

Yes, makes sense to go via hosanagara....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you are going from Bangalore to Kollur, don't even go 100kms of Mangalore. Search for kollur under the travel queries section. You will get better routes via Shivmoga-hosanagara-kollur.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:20   #260
BHPian

DO NOT TAKE the Shiradi ghats at night. I did Bangalore-Mangalore a week back in the night and Oh My God!!!. After the much publicised concretization and all this is the condition of the road. The ghats roads have been washed away in the heavy rains and under the mining trucks!!! All you can feel is slush and gravel, very difficult to brake. Narrowly missed hitting a foolish Qualis driver while tailing him in the heavy traffic after he jammed the brakes hard. The stretch after Gundya till Mani(20+km from BC Road) is in a deplorable condition to say the least. Came back via Belthangady-Ujire-Charamadi-Mudigere-Hassan. Much better road in terms of texture as well as traffic although you've got to watch out for oncoming traffic on the curves especially if you are driving at night.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:41   #261
Senior - BHPian

Driving at nights is a big NO! on these roads... Durig the day you had load of truck take these road at night you will have buses which will make life much more miserable!

Best time to travel is leave blore by 5 and you surelly will reach by 12, max by 1, from Mlore its better to wait for the day light as it gets very tricky to handel on comming traffic till BC road(lots of winding roads) and the buses use the entire road...

Have noticed that most of the kstrtc bus drivers think that they are driving in a rally, doing that on turns they end up taking entire road or come to your lane i did get in tricky situations couple of times....so better honk well before every turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz-On-The-Road View Post
DO NOT TAKE the Shiradi ghats at night. I did Bangalore-Mangalore a week back in the night and Oh My God!!!. After the much publicised concretization and all this is the condition of the road. The ghats roads have been washed away in the heavy rains and under the mining trucks!!! All you can feel is slush and gravel, very difficult to brake. Narrowly missed hitting a foolish Qualis driver while tailing him in the heavy traffic after he jammed the brakes hard. The stretch after Gundya till Mani(20+km from BC Road) is in a deplorable condition to say the least. Came back via Belthangady-Ujire-Charamadi-Mudigere-Hassan. Much better road in terms of texture as well as traffic although you've got to watch out for oncoming traffic on the curves especially if you are driving at night.
Old 25th February 2021, 12:10   #262
BHPian

re: Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ??

Has any one travelled from Mysore to Hassan recently? Last time when I travelled, the roads from Holenarsipura to Hassan was pathetic. Has that been fixed now?
Old 25th February 2021, 19:28   #263
Team-BHP Support

re: Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Has any one travelled from Mysore to Hassan recently? Last time when I travelled, the roads from Holenarsipura to Hassan was pathetic. Has that been fixed now?
This is a defunct thread, use this thread instead.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks