Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2008, 11:59   #76
BHPian

As you can see in the pics,concretising the curves is being done.That's good news.This route as of now, is better than the Charmadi or Madikeri route to Mangalore.
Old 20th January 2008, 13:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

Chandan, the entire ghat is in a bad shape, yes concreting on curves are going on. once all the curves are done and is let fo the traffic. it would be good. but for now the entire ghat roads looks like the pic which i have posted.
and as praJeep has mentioned it was a straining experience to drive through this road.

About Madikeri route, the problem is the distance. about 100kms of bad roads though its not as bad as shiradi. wont be able to travel at good speeds.

Till Kushalnagar its fine, some road waor is happening in Kushal.., from here till Puttur one has to suffer..
Old 25th January 2008, 17:40   #78
BHPian

Did Mangalore - Bangalore a couple of weeks back. While going to Managlore, I traveled via Charmadi. The roads are bad and took me about 9 hours to reach Mangalore. I still think this route is way better than the Coorg route.

On my return, I took the Shiradi. There are a lot of improvements on the NH 48. BC Road to Nelyadi is a dream. They have pretty much relaid the entire road! The ghat section is bad though with work under progress. However the bad stretch lasts for only about 20kms. I took about 7.5 hrs to reach Bangalore with slow driving.

Shiradi is definitely the better option compared to Charmadi and Coorg.
Old 25th January 2008, 20:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Well for those who are travelling from madikeri to mangalore the Madikeri to sampaje route is horrible to the extent that there are no roads out there. You can take the route which goes to kasargod sullia and then come to mangalore from kasargod as this route is a lot better than the usual sullia puttur bcroad route.
One more thing is i heard that all the roads in mangalore are under construction like the balmatta stretch. SO when are they planning on opening them?
Old 26th January 2008, 18:08   #80
BHPian

A minimum of 1 more month for the Balmatta stretch. Let's hope the NH17 work finishes soon.

Last edited by sushanthr77 : 26th January 2008 at 18:10.
Old 27th January 2008, 09:34   #81
Senior - BHPian

sushanth any updates on the stretch btw kundapur and honnavara?
Old 28th January 2008, 02:24   #82

Mangalore 7 Fly Over Work Progress

D A I J I W O R L D

Courtesy: Florine Roche (dajjiworld.com)
Old 28th January 2008, 14:42   #83
BHPian

Did a trip to mangalore and back yesterday, went via hassan sakleshpur, the road in the ghat if you can call it that was non existant, felt like I was driving on a river bad, the good part is that its a short stretch. returned via madkeri, that route is torture, till madkeri, had to do the entire distance in 1st 2nd, was pathetic.
Old 1st February 2008, 13:34   #84
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

How is the route from Madikeri to Bangalore? Have you come through mysore?

I'm planning for a weekend trip next week from Bangalore to Madikeri, KushalNagar, Bylakuppe and Talakadu.
Old 3rd February 2008, 09:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

@mahadev till kushal nagar the roads are good, some road work is happening in kushalnagar. till madikeri it is lil rough but managable.
Old 8th February 2008, 05:43   #86

Updates on Mysore Kushalnagar Road in the Hindu

The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : Delay in road over-bridge work hits many

KRDCL sources told The Hindu that most of the work on the road had been completed. Of the 88-km road, work up to 78 km had been completed. Work on the remaining stretch was in progress at a brisk pace.

KRDCL sources told The Hindu that most of the work on the road had been completed. Of the 88-km road, work up to 78 km had been completed. Work on the remaining stretch was in progress at a brisk pace.

Courtesy: the Hindu
Old 12th February 2008, 00:36   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinaygv View Post
Did a trip to mangalore and back yesterday, went via hassan sakleshpur, the road in the ghat if you can call it that was non existant, felt like I was driving on a river bad, the good part is that its a short stretch. returned via madkeri, that route is torture, till madkeri, had to do the entire distance in 1st 2nd, was pathetic.
I am planning to do a Mangalore trip soon. Which out of the two routes do you suggest?
Old 12th February 2008, 12:15   #88
Senior - BHPian

blue_pulsar as you many have suggested above take shiradi, this is the shortest but stretch of about 25kms is BAD! if you are traveling in a loaded sedan then it would be lil challenging! though not impossible..

Through madikeri it would be boring..stretch of about 100+kms is bad though not as bad as shiradi, will get bugging

am trveling to mlore this weekend, the means of travel is not yet confirmed my bull or ohc hmmmmm
Old 12th February 2008, 13:20   #89
BHPian

absolutely no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
sushanth any updates on the stretch btw kundapur and honnavara?

For all the guys traveling to M'lore...kindly avoid the Madikeri route.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
absolutely no idea.

For all the guys traveling to M'lore...kindly avoid the Madikeri route.
Instead take Charmadi route,
Just returned from native today morning. The route from mudigere till kottigehara has been repaired. Don't knw abt the ghats

Last edited by sushrutha : 12th February 2008 at 14:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks