Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 18:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

My sush.. can you give us some update on the charmadi?? for the benefit of the Tbhp team you should have driven down to ujre via charmadi and got back and enlighten us wit the info hehe

am damn tempted to go on my bull...road conditions wont bother me much
Old 12th February 2008, 19:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

sushrutha read above as Mr sush typo ...
Old 13th February 2008, 11:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
My sush.. can you give us some update on the charmadi?? for the benefit of the Tbhp team you should have driven down to ujre via charmadi and got back and enlighten us wit the info hehe

am damn tempted to go on my bull...road conditions wont bother me much
Well Bro.
Probably they might have filled all the potholes in charmadi ghats coz in whole of Chikmagalur district reparing, tarring of roads is going through full pace.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

latest updates!

As sushrutha has mentioned the Mudigere road has been fixed, lil bit of ruff patches and potholes but very managable. it seems even the charmadi has been patched up tho not sure!

btw whats the status on SHiradi??

Also the shimoga route is fine, the bad stretch between Badravati and Arsikere has been fixed, few short bad patches still exist but wont bother.

so people going to goa can take this route!
Old 20th February 2008, 06:05   #95

Lorry Traffic hampering Shiradi Ghat Work

The Hindu : Karnataka / Mangalore News : Lorry traffic hampering work on Shiradi ghat road
Old 20th February 2008, 19:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Last month when i took the ghat around 6pm towards blore saw many trucks using this route.... i can say carelessness from the police or the administration... this is a crucial connection and time is less before the monsoon hits.....sad to say this happens only in India!
Old 20th February 2008, 21:47   #97
Senior - BHPian

So how long more do we wait for these roads to be done up ? My trip to coastal karnataka has been long pending.
Old 21st February 2008, 17:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
So how long more do we wait for these roads to be done up ? My trip to coastal karnataka has been long pending.
I think long time to go! the wy things r progressing am sure it wont get done till this aug! also how well it would be done....something aam not sure off

suppose to visit mlore this weekend, guess have to go in bus:((
Old 21st February 2008, 23:45   #99
Team-BHP Support

Today evening I had to visit Mangalore (Eden Club) to attend a function. The Road between Mangalore to Suratkal is still under massive construction, and they don't believe in any kind of signage.

It is the most confusing construction, people don't know whether to travel on the left or right, each decides on his own and it gets worse at night.

At one place I travelled half a KM only to turn back since the road was blocked, couldn't they post a bloody sign. Nope, no signs anywhere as to which side of the road people should use. It is one crazy mess.
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today evening I had to visit Mangalore (Eden Club) to attend a function. The Road between Mangalore to Suratkal is still under massive construction, and they don't believe in any kind of signage.

It is the most confusing construction, people don't know whether to travel on the left or right, each decides on his own and it gets worse at night.

At one place I travelled half a KM only to turn back since the road was blocked, couldn't they post a bloody sign. Nope, no signs anywhere as to which side of the road people should use. It is one crazy mess.

Yes, last year i got so confused...was traveling at night...to make things worse it was raining!
Old 25th February 2008, 10:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hello People,

Any latest updates on shiradi ghat ? i plan to travel this weekend(29th Feb)
My wife is 3 months pregnant.. so i am wondering if its better to avoid driving by car.

Unfortunately the trains are running full and only option i am left with is taking a flight..

I want to know if this road is drivable on swift, which i feel has reasonable ground clearance.

what i know is abt 20kms stretch is bad, but can anyone tell me how bad ? if driven slowly is it ok to drive ?

I am only worried about the comfort here. please help
Old 25th February 2008, 10:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

And any other route suggestion ? i have to go to udupi actually.. so taking other routes which directly go towards udupi is fine with me as mangalore is optional
Old 25th February 2008, 10:52   #103
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh according to me its not suggested using shiradi....though the stretch is very short it might not be advisable! instead go via mudigere - charmadi - ujre - karkala. the roas have been patched up, so if you drive slowly should not be a issue, once getting down charmadi the road is smooth.. but even here you eill find few stretches which has some pot holes...

taking flight might be the easiest option

Even i will be driving to mangalore this week, still not decided on the route though
Old 25th February 2008, 10:57   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
And any other route suggestion ? i have to go to udupi actually.. so taking other routes which directly go towards udupi is fine with me as mangalore is optional
Hi,
I am also going on 29th morning 5 AM.

I normally prefer Hassan-Belur-ALdoor-Balehonnur-Manundi-Kalasa-Kuduremuk-Karkala Exactly

400KM from Bangalore.Very good road and no problem at all.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Flight is easiest option..but not very pocket friendly..

after going through the thread, i guess i ll stick to one way train(coming back) and flight i guess..

and hope that road becomes drivable soon..

btw, i thought charmadi is worst due to the trucks and pvt busses taking that road.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks