Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

well.. atleast u need not worry about the road... its so damn good

if you are starting at 6, do not forget to have BF at kamath's just after ramanagar.

but i personally feel, you can probably have a better time if you go towards mysore.

i went to mysore on a one day trip abt couple of months back

and i too had started at 5:30-6

some tips.

1. have BF at Kamat lokaruchi. if you like traditional south food
2. there is another place called Janapada loka next to this hotel. i think it opens at 8:30. you can spend an hour over there. it has a nice collection of karnataka's traditional items
3. proceed towards mysore or srirangapatana

in mysore, i feel places worth visit are

1. Datta peetha on ooty road
2. Chamundi hills
3. Balmuri falls(on the way to KRS) but i doubt if it will be flooded by now
4. if you can manage, you can see somanathpur temple.

all this is possible if you dont go to srirangapattana

do plan properly and wish u all the best
Old 30th August 2007, 12:42   #17
BHPian

Useful thread and also in time for my family's trip in that geography on Sunday and Monday. Sad I'm not joining in.

Token thanks to Sathya for the thread and others for their guidance.

Well,...
anyone knows for sure if the KRS will be open or closed during this time. By my experience (dating 10 years back), the KRS is normally closed during the monsoon part of the year.

Also please let me know how long it takes for the Bangalore-Mysore travel.

Last edited by gbpscars : 30th August 2007 at 12:46.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
anyone knows for sure if the KRS will be open or closed during this time. By my experience (dating 10 years back), the KRS is normally closed during the monsoon part of the year.
it was open 3 weeks back

Quote:
Also please let me know how long it takes for the Bangalore-Mysore travel.
it takes around 2hrs or max 2 1/2 hrs.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:59   #19
BHPian

thanks a lot deepak. that was quick and clear. will include the KRS in the list.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:19   #20
BHPian

Ranganthittu sanctuary reopend a week ago (was closed because of high level of water). The best time to spend there is early morning hours. Post 10am, the bird activity comes down (and noisy visitors flock in). So if you include Ranganthittu in your agenda, I suggest you head straight to the place. Once you hit Srirangapattana continue on Mysore road for 2kms and then take a right.

Another breakfast point people have missed is Cafe Coffee Day, there are two, one after Channapatna (but that's on your right) and another after Maddur town. If you start early enough, Kamath will zip by before you feel hungry.

I don't know a decent place to lunch around Srirangapattana, except FishLand, which is on Mysore road, probably 4 (or 5)kms after Srirangapattana towards Mysore.

Kousik
Old 30th August 2007, 14:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

The Ranganthittu bird sanctuary is not closed. Only the boating won't be on if the tide is high. I was there last weekend.
You can call this number: 9945128964 and confirm the boating before going there. Its the contact of the guard there.
Hope this helps.

- Jag
Old 30th August 2007, 15:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Ranganthittu sanctuary reopend a week ago (was closed because of high level of water). The best time to spend there is early morning hours. Post 10am, the bird activity comes down (and noisy visitors flock in). So if you include Ranganthittu in your agenda, I suggest you head straight to the place. Once you hit Srirangapattana continue on Mysore road for 2kms and then take a right.

Another breakfast point people have missed is Cafe Coffee Day, there are two, one after Channapatna (but that's on your right) and another after Maddur town. If you start early enough, Kamath will zip by before you feel hungry.

I don't know a decent place to lunch around Srirangapattana, except FishLand, which is on Mysore road, probably 4 (or 5)kms after Srirangapattana towards Mysore.

Kousik
IMHO:
I prefer Kamat Lokaruchi to Indradanush. Both CCDs are good and are open 24 hrs, but I prefer the CCD after Maddur for slightly better taste and picturesque setting.

I am not aware of any good restaurants in Srirangapatna. While in Mysore you can try these for breakfasts:
1. Mylary Hotel in Nazarbad (similar to Vidhyarthi Bhavan in Bangalore, famous for Dosas)
2. Hotel Ramya (Drive-in, next to Cosmopolitan Club, again famous for Dosas).
Old 30th August 2007, 16:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
1. Mylary Hotel in Nazarbad (similar to Vidhyarthi Bhavan in Bangalore, famous for Dosas)
Mylary Hotel is also famous for idli's
Old 30th August 2007, 20:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well if I were you,I would head all the way to Mysore and have breakfast (sambar vada) in Hotel GreenLeaf .

Damn all the other places (Kamat/Indradanush/CCD's) are forever crowded during the weekends. No peace and one has to wait to get a table.

Rather stop at Bidadi, have Thatte Idli and continue with your journey. What say people ?
Old 30th August 2007, 22:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rather stop at Bidadi, have Thatte Idli and continue with your journey. What say people ?
Could not agree with u more Riju, in fact I'll be doing it this saturday.
Going to Kgudi.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:25   #26
BHPian

Folks, I had wonderful time and trip report posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-krs-dam.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks