Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 11:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Hey Guys,

Can anyone brief me about the present road condition of route from Bangalore to Tirupathi / Tirumala.
Thanks in advance.
4 laning work in progress.
Avoid driving after dark at all costs(hoskote-mulbagal stretch), because of the road work in progress. 2 months back, I drove on this stretch, and almost crashed on to a barrier at night because it was not painted or marked. The barrier is just a heap of mud.
Expect lot of lane shifts upto Mulbagal, after that it is a smooth drive.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:47   #47
BHPian

Hi, Is this road completed or is it still lane changing till Mulabagal? Can any one update please? I am travelling to Tirupati tomorrow (to & fro night drive - single driver) Any info you provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance,

OT: My 50th Post in TBHP

Last edited by Fordy : 11th February 2010 at 20:48. Reason: Realized that this is my 50th post
Old 18th February 2010, 21:12   #48
BHPian

Hey.. no one replied, I have completed the trip via Chittoor and the roads till Kolar are pathetic and dusty with so many trucks. After that it is a breeze. I lost my wheel caps too in those dirty roads.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Fordy, which hotel did you stay in and what were the rates ?
Old 8th July 2010, 10:27   #50
BHPian

Planning to drive to Tirupathi this weekend - Blore, Mulbagal, Palamner, Kanipakkam, Tirupathi. Has anybody been there recently? I heard it is raining now, any updates on road condition?

Is Kalahasti temple visiting allowed?
Old 8th July 2010, 14:06   #51
BHPian

Mods - Please merge this thread with Bangalore to Tirupati Route guide help! - Team-BHP

Regards
Old 8th July 2010, 14:23   #52
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post

Is Kalahasti temple visiting allowed?
Darshan st Kalahasti temple should not be a problem. what has fallen is Raja gopuram is outside the temple complex.

Iam also planning to go to tirupati on sat day. will be returning on monday, july 12th
Old 20th July 2010, 23:39   #53

Guys,

Went to Tirupati this weekend from Bangalore, Vehicle was my two year old Indica Xeta GLG 1.2, As I was going with my 11 months old kid my mom and wife so didn't wanted to rush, booked a room in hotel Bliss from makemytrip.com for Rs2000/day with extra bed charges, and started around 2PM on Saturday, reached tirupati around 8.30 as I was stuck in bad traffic inside the city due to a wrong deviation from the bypass road+kee deep water at some places due to continuous rains.

For onward journey, route followed was the well known one Bangalore>>Hoskote>>Kolar>>Chittoor, Road condition is kind of OK till Hoskote but even with deviations it improves after that, Kolar bypass is still a mess, after that its good till Mulbagal, Mulbagal Bypass also has few pothole but rest is OK, after this single lane road starts and it becomes good after crossing Karnataka, Chittoor bypass sucks again and it was a mistake taking it, going inside the town is much better option which I did last time, rest all the road is good but it seems Road after Puthalapattu (right turn after Chittoor) started showing its age and its highly dangerous to drive at night, reflectors are aged and not working and unmarked speed breakers are present at many spots, I saw some three fresh accidents on the way on this road, latest was an innova landed in the paddy fields as driver could not judge the curve on the road without reflectors at night. Problem was aggravated as it was raining.

Next day went for darshan around 8am, it took us long even for shighra darshan around five hours, and came back to Tirupati only by 4.30 PM, decided not to drive at night and stayed at Tirupati itself, but that was the biggest mistake I did, next day it was AP band organized by TDP to protest against Chandrababu's arrest, didn't had any idea about this and started at 8.30 AM and found road blocked at Chandagiri fort just after tirupati town, took a small deviation from there via inside the fort to come on the main highway, only to find after few KMs a full grown Tamarind tree cut down by the Band supporters and it was fallen on road, road was blocked and all the vehicles were stuck, came to know from few locals that the situation is worst after this till chittoor, decided to return back but stopped by morons burning tyres on the road, they didn't allowed us to go back to the city, returned back and found a small shop had some tea and got some bottled water, spent close to 3-4 hours there but there were no traces of fallen trees being removed, Policemen were enjoying the scene and doing nothing, returned back towards city again, but found band supporters again at Chandagiri fort crossing, just next to that is a HP bunk, decided to tank up as I was contemplating going up to chennai if possible and return via vellore because leaving AP was my priority at this point, but luckily this bunk has a Coffee day, went inside and spent some time there, the manager and care taker was a great fellow, he suggested me to take a narrow road next to the bunk which goes all the way to chittoor, I was still suspicious but he assured me that I should not be worried as this road passes through villages and infact that is the safest route at this point with a small kid where villagers are always eager to help, decided to take this route and wow that is one of the best drives I had, beautiful narrow road passing through the best of the landscapes, farms and villages, it came out I guess somewhere on Chittoor Pallipattu state highway, it was raining so I didn't found any other vehicle on this highway or may be it was because of band, reached Chittoor around 5 and back to bangalore by 8PM, truk traffic was heavy because they already knew about the strike, and only started journey in AP by the evening hours.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansat View Post
next day it was AP band organized by TDP
Quote:
road was blocked and all the vehicles were stuck
Oh, oh!!! Unscheduled hartals are always a pain. Your hotel folks should have warned you about the hartal that day.

Quote:
decided to take this route and wow that is one of the best drives I had, beautiful narrow road passing through the best of the landscapes, farms and villages, it came out I guess somewhere on Chittoor Pallipattu state highway,
Glad that everything ended well and you enjoyed the return journey.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:35   #55
Team-BHP Support

Happy that it ended well. I was planning to go on a weekend, but because of crowd, I thought lets do it on a weekday. Looks like that was lucky decision for me. I drove on Thr, had darshan on Fri and came back on Sat (17th).

More details on my updates:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1985543
Old 1st October 2010, 10:26   #56
BHPian

Planning for Oct 2nd and 3rd weekend

Can anyone tell me about the booking for darshan.
ttdsevaonline does not show option for booking Rs. 300 darshan ticket.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:39   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Can anyone tell me about the booking for darshan.
No booking needed for the 300/- ticket. Just stand in the queue at 9:30 and you have to buy the ticket in the queue.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
I think only 'sevas' can be booked online, not the regular darsans. Entry queue for sevas are different from that of darsans.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:54   #59
BHPian

Im travelling to Tirupati tomorrow. Is Route to Kolar better now or still not recommended for night driving?

How about via Kolar for onward day journey and Krishnagiri for night backward journey?
Old 15th November 2010, 13:10   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Im travelling to Tirupati tomorrow. Is Route to Kolar better now or still not recommended for night driving?

How about via Kolar for onward day journey and Krishnagiri for night backward journey?
Palamaner Krishnagiri route (Nh219) is very lonely at night. Hardly any traffic. Not recommended for night travel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks