Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 22:11   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Mantralaya : Route Queries

Hello People,

I need some information as to the best route to take while driving from Bangalore to Mantralaya. How much is the distance and the condition of the roads? And whats the approximate time taken?

Thanks a lot,
NMA
Old 8th September 2007, 07:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Immediately PM mclaren1885, He has done that route himself...

Abhi
Old 8th September 2007, 10:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mantralaya is the seat of power in Mumbai, right? Or am I missing something? If not, then where is Mantralaya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Hello People,

I need some information as to the best route to take while driving from Bangalore to Mantralaya. How much is the distance and the condition of the roads? And whats the approximate time taken?

Thanks a lot,
NMA
Old 8th September 2007, 13:31   #4

Its around 380kms to Bangalore.The route is Bangalore -(320 kms)Bellary-(60kms)Mantralaya.NH7 if am not wrong.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:28   #5
BHPian

akroy: Thanks for the pointer.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:30   #6
BHPian

Mantralaya is a pilgrimage place in Andhra. Heard that its a great drive from Bangalore.

NMA
Old 5th February 2021, 12:25   #7
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Mantralaya : Route Queries

Tomorrow I am planning to drive to Mantralaya. Anyone drove to this place in the recent days? What I want to know is, which route to take, Pattikonda->Adoni->Yemmiganur or Pattikonda->Yemmiganur (direct route)?
Also, planning to start back the return journey on sunday at around 11. Any good hotels before gooty?
Any other inputs are welcome.
Old 5th February 2021, 12:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Tomorrow I am planning to drive to Mantralaya. Anyone drove to this place in the recent days? What I want to know is, which route to take, Pattikonda->Adoni->Yemmiganur or Pattikonda->Yemmiganur (direct route)?
Also, planning to start back the return journey on sunday at around 11. Any good hotels before gooty?
Both routes were equally good when we had been there last June.

Regarding hotels, there are very little or no decent hotels till ananthpur.

You can have food in SRS mutt and leave by 12 noon instead of searching hotels on the way.

(Off topic)Manthralayam SRS Mutt food is ultimate
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 12:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Both routes were equally good when we had been there last June.

Regarding hotels, there are very little or no decent hotels till ananthpur.

You can have food in SRS mutt and leave by 12 noon instead of searching hotels on the way.

(Off topic)Manthralayam SRS Mutt food is ultimate
Thanks for your response.
Regarding the food at SRS Mutt, I will definitely try this option. Thanks again.
Old 5th February 2021, 13:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was there last weekend.

There are only a few hotels that are decent enough like Abode, please book it early enough to avoid the hassle. Parking on the hotel premises needs to be checked before booking, the hotels in the main street do not have proper parking. There are other hotels, but not too many. Once you park in the hotel, the temple is a short walk, so no need to take the car out again.

Temple is not crowded during afternoon - when it opens, it gets filled quickly late in the evening and packed tight in the early morning.

Food is best limited to Meals \ Idli vada etc, there are a few restaurants on the main street next to the temple entrance.

Getting there - Take the direct route , The roads are good till you reach Gooty through the Hyderabad highway, from here its not good for about 50 Kms afterwards its okay, you reach Yemmiganur and then to Mantralayam.

You can stop between Anantpur - Gooty stretch to refresh, not too many options anyways and pretty much nothing afterwards till you reach Mantralayam.

Fuel , fill it in\ before Gooty, afterwards the bunks are not that good.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 13:19   #11
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed information. I have some questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
please book it early enough to avoid the hassle.
I am going to stay in our community lodge which I have done the advance booking. This is just opposite to the temple entrance. So, I am good with the stay and also the parking things.

Quote:
Temple is not crowded during afternoon - when it opens, it gets filled quickly late in the evening and packed tight in the early morning.
This is what I am planning to do. Suggest me if this is feasible.
I should be reaching the place by around 4pm. Get freshen up and then immediately drive to Panchamukhi temple. After coming back from this temple, if there is not much of a crowd, then go for darshan. Otherwise, just relax in the lodge.
Next day early morning, go for darshan and then drive to Bicahle. After returning back from Bichale, vacate the lodge and drive back to Bangalore.
My mother is aged, so at what time you suggest me to take her for darshan?

Quote:
Food is best limited to Meals \ Idli vada etc, there are a few restaurants on the main street next to the temple entrance.
We get lunch and dinner in our lodge. And I am planning to have the breakfats at 'Mantralaya Tiffin Room' which is next to our lodge.

Quote:
Getting there - Take the direct route , The roads are good till you reach Gooty through the Hyderabad highway, from here its not good for about 50 Kms afterwards its okay, you reach Yemmiganur and then to Mantralayam.
Sure, i will take the direct route from Pattikonda to Yammiganur, as suggested by you.

Quote:
You can stop between Anantpur - Gooty stretch to refresh, not too many options anyways and pretty much nothing afterwards till you reach Mantralayam.
Any good hotel that you can suggest in this stretch? I can mark it and then stop there for refresh.

Quote:
Fuel , fill it in\ before Gooty, afterwards the bunks are not that good.
Noted down.
Old 5th February 2021, 13:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is what I am planning to do. Suggest me if this is feasible.
I should be reaching the place by around 4pm. Get freshen up and then immediately drive to Panchamukhi temple. After coming back from this temple, if there is not much of a crowd, then go for darshan. Otherwise, just relax in the lodge.
Next day early morning, go for darshan and then drive to Bicahle. After returning back from Bichale, vacate the lodge and drive back to Bangalore.
My mother is aged, so at what time you suggest me to take her for darshan?
Try to enter the main temple as soon as it opens at 4:00 PM, no rush at that time, the elderly can spend more time inside the temple at that time. Bichale is open till ~ 9:00 PM, its best to visit around sunset time, since its next to the Thungabadra river, beautiful place to be in at that time and the drive through the country side and the bridge that takes you into raichur dist is also very nice.

I did not visit Panchamukhi as there was no time. Also best to leave from Mantralayam after breakfast because you don't want to deal with the rush hour traffic trying to reach Bangalore on a Sunday evening.

We stopped at Bluemoon resorts restaurant in Gooty, place was almost empty and food was nice, I skipped crowded places but this place is not veg-only, it was not a problem though and the restrooms were good as well.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Try to enter the main temple as soon as it opens at 4:00 PM, no rush at that time, the elderly can spend more time inside the temple at that time. Bichale is open till ~ 9:00 PM, its best to visit around sunset time, since its next to the Thungabadra river, beautiful place to be in at that time and the drive through the country side and the bridge that takes you into raichur dist is also very nice.
Sure, I will try to take my mother for darshan as soon as the temple reopens at 4pm.

Quote:
I did not visit Panchamukhi as there was no time. Also best to leave from Mantralayam after breakfast because you don't want to deal with the rush hour traffic trying to reach Bangalore on a Sunday evening.
Even I had skipped this Panchamukhi temple when i visited last time (it was more than 5 years back i guess). So, this time I want to make sure that I visit this temple first and if time permits, I will visit Bichale.

Quote:
We stopped at Bluemoon resorts restaurant in Gooty, place was almost empty and food was nice, I skipped crowded places but this place is not veg-only, it was not a problem though and the restrooms were good as well.
I have marked this restaurant in my maps. It is showing 3 hours drive from Mantralaya. So, it should be a perfect time to stop for lunch if we can leave Mantralaya by 10am.
Thanks again for all the information that you have provided.
Old 5th February 2021, 14:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get freshen up and then immediately drive to Panchamukhi temple. After coming back from this temple, if there is not much of a crowd, then go for darshan. Otherwise, just relax in the lodge.
Next day early morning, go for darshan and then drive to Bicahle. After returning back from Bichale, vacate the lodge and drive back to Bangalore
In fact, you can cover panchamukhi temple and bichale together at once. Both of them are near by at a distance of say 10-15 kms.(if you imagine T, bichale and panchamukhi temple are on opposite sides of the horizontal line. Manthralayam is at the bottom point of vertical line.)

My suggestion would be
Once you reach Manthralayam at 4pm, you can refresh and get 1st darshan at SRS Mutt. Evening, you can relax.
Next day morning, you can visit Srs mutt second time in early morning 7am and leave for panchamukhi and bichale by 8 30am(you can choose any order to visit panchamukhi temple or bichale first).

Once you are back by say, 11:30, you can have lunch at 12 noon at mutt and leave to Bangalore.

Last edited by gkveda : 5th February 2021 at 14:12.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, you can cover panchamukhi temple and bichale together at once. Both of them are near by at a distance of say 10-15 kms.(if you imagine T, bichale and panchamukhi temple are on opposite sides of the horizontal line. Manthralayam is at the bottom point of vertical line.)
This is also good idea. But instead of doing this on Sunday morning, i will see if I can do it on Saturday evening. Given an option, I would still like to start back my return journey at 10am.

Quote:
Next day morning, you can visit Srs mutt second time in early morning 7am and leave for panchamukhi and bichale by 8 30am(you can choose any order to visit panchamukhi temple or bichale first).

Once you are back by say, 11:30, you can have lunch at 12 noon at mutt and leave to Bangalore.
My only worry is, if the lunch starts at 12, then it may become 1pm by the time we have our lunch and finish everything before i can start back from there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks