Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 08:20   #16
BHPian

Bangalore-Hosur-Pallakod-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Erode
Have any one take Pallakod route recently. I m plannign to take this road this weekend. How is the condition.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Blore to Erode: Done and dusted by me and Sparky!!

The route I took:

Bangalore to Hosur
Cross Hosur Flyover. Travel on GQ. Pass Reliance and other petrol pumps

Hit Krishnagiri Toll booth
Two flyovers after toll booth. Zoomed over them
After second flyover. Got a surprise. Route become normal 2 lane with pothole and stuff.
Same state of affairs for 30 odd kms till I reach Ghat section on NH 47 at Thoppur.
Winding roads in the ghat section.. fun to drive the Spark through them.. End of ghat section and have to watch out for the turning to Mettur - Small sign!!
Around 35 kms to Mettur. Lovely 2 lane. Goes up and down. Green on both sides. well surfaced with minor holes and no state buses with drivers prentending to be Schumacher!! very less traffic and it was the best part of the trip!!
In Mettur. Once I saw the MALCO factory.. some distance ahead a sign asks you to take a left for Erode. I took that road which lead me past the thermal power station and 2 bridges (you can see the dam from the second one).
Immediately after the second bridge there is a circle where I took left for Bhavani.
Bhavani is some 30 odd kms. Decent roads. not great! Crossed Bhavani and took a left turn and Erode was just 10 kms away...
Approximately 240 kms from the Shell station on Hosur road. Took us 4.5 hours. (We spent around an hour to get from Hennur to the Shell pump). That was an approx 50kms/hour with Two ten minute stops enroute.

Time well spent with Sparky ..

Last edited by Nimz : 2nd October 2007 at 23:25.
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:01   #18
BHPian

I took Palakod - Royapettah - Hosure instead of Dharmapuri, Kgiri road.
The roads were ok over all. It is a 2 lane road with less traffic with occasional pot holes and bad patches. Over all it is ok if you do not want to drive high speeds (more than 100) as it has lot of curves, ups and dows
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I took Palakod - Royapettah - Hosure instead of Dharmapuri, Kgiri road.
The roads were ok over all. It is a 2 lane road with less traffic with occasional pot holes and bad patches. Over all it is ok if you do not want to drive high speeds (more than 100) as it has lot of curves, ups and dows
Yes. Spoke to a guy at a tea shop we stopped who said the road was good till Pallakod but dindt know further. K'giri is slightly longer and I guess you would give the bad D'puri roads a miss.

Most Viewed