Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 23:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
guys,
thanks a lot on the info. even i heard the roads are pretty bad on nh17.
i am going oct 1st week. so i guess the road condition and the rain would not have changed. so just going ahead with the trip.

Shimoga i thought was a good place to stay overnight. i am leaving quite late in the day at abt 1pm, so going to honnavara will become late. is there any other good place to stay between shimoga and honnavara ? i have to be in karwar(devbagh) by 12 pm.. so i guess will have to leave early in the morning.

thanks.
Hi Madhukar,

On what date are you planning to travel. Am also planning to leave for Goa on 28th Sept, evening around 6pm. Planning to do a halt midway for the night and carry on the next morning again.

Guys what would be a nice place to halt for the night if i leave bangalore around 6ish??

Many thanks.
Old 21st September 2007, 09:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Jocularly, Nelamangala, considering the traffic jams!

Target Shimoga, although it is a still 4-5 hour drive. Or if you chose to take NH4 through Haveri/Hubli, Chitradurga.
Old 21st September 2007, 11:59   #18
BHPian

if u r leaving on 28th.. and if u r back by 6th of Oct, please let me know the road conditions :-)
i can replan accordingly.

if any of u know the hotel contact in sagara then let me know, it can save me an hour or so !!
Old 21st September 2007, 12:10   #19

How many KMs will the entire route be?
Old 21st September 2007, 13:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
if u r leaving on 28th.. and if u r back by 6th of Oct, please let me know the road conditions :-)
i can replan accordingly.

if any of u know the hotel contact in sagara then let me know, it can save me an hour or so !!
Hi Madhu, will be back on the 2nd...so will definitely let you know. BTW am planing to take the route you suggested...since everyone seems to feel that should be the best considering the recent fury of the monsoons.

regards
Old 21st September 2007, 13:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Jocularly, Nelamangala, considering the traffic jams!

Ha ha...you could be very correct..... but now think i can leave a little earlier, like 3 pm'ish or so (could finally manage to convince wifey to bunk half a day of office )....

Target Shimoga, although it is a still 4-5 hour drive. Or if you chose to take NH4 through Haveri/Hubli, Chitradurga.
Is this the route AK also mentioned...actually so many routes are being discussed am getting thoroughly confused.....i might end up taking a week to reach Goa...
also considering 80kmph is my favorite top speed
Old 24th September 2007, 15:32   #22
BHPian

hey guys,
I am leaving to Goa on the 26th. I plan to take the Bangalore-tumkur-Hubli-karwar-margoa route. Will make a night stay at Hubli.
My friend had been through the hubli-Dharwad-goa route 2 weeks ago and he said it was in pretty bad shape due to floods.
Any recent updates on how the roads are and which route is good?

Suhas
Old 25th September 2007, 13:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
hey guys,
I am leaving to Goa on the 26th. I plan to take the Bangalore-tumkur-Hubli-karwar-margoa route. Will make a night stay at Hubli.
My friend had been through the hubli-Dharwad-goa route 2 weeks ago and he said it was in pretty bad shape due to floods.
Any recent updates on how the roads are and which route is good?

Suhas
Hi Shiva,

Am planning to take the same route too, with a night halt at Davangere. Dont want to take chances on the Shimoga route, (sorry Madhukar!)

Would really appreciate if you could let me know of a way to get in touch with you after you reach Goa, on the road conditions. That would really help change plans if need be.
Regards,
Old 25th September 2007, 22:42   #24
BHPian

last heard:
Bangalore to honnavara - thru shimoga and sagara is good (or not bad)
from honnavara it is NH7 anyway... i was told NH7 is bad thru out. only the goa-pune-mumbai route seems to be good.
also on the karnataka side, the best part of nh7(which is lot of pot holes) is from bhatkal to marvanthe.. further down is even bad.

i have no idea on the hubli route.. there also from ankola it should be bad..

so bottomline, no reprive from bad roads enroute to goa..but the trips have to go on.. i pity my baleno.. but it has no choice either ;-)
Old 25th September 2007, 22:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R18A View Post
How many KMs will the entire route be?
Atleast Thirteen Hundred kilometres round trip
Old 9th October 2007, 19:51   #26
BHPian

bangalore to goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_freak View Post
Hi Madhu, will be back on the 2nd...so will definitely let you know. BTW am planing to take the route you suggested...since everyone seems to feel that should be the best considering the recent fury of the monsoons.

regards
Hi Turbo-Freak - you said you'd be back by the 2nd so I guess its alright to ask about the condition of the roads on the route taken by you. Do let me know since I am planning a Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore trip next week.

For the rest of you tuned in to this thread, I did this ten months ago over the new year via Dharwad/Karwar and the experience was none too good. Here's the link for my report on this trip.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...tml#post417379

I was thinking about going to Goa from Bangalore via Belgaum. Would appreciate your advice/thoughts/suggestions on this.

Many thanks
Old 12th October 2007, 07:51   #28
BANNED

Any updates on the various routes guys?
Old 12th October 2007, 12:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yeah come on guys, whats with the suspense?
We are all eagerly awaiting your inputs for our respective Goa trips!

I have even got my car's suspension stiffened and exhaust modified to take on the curves! Now all i need is to know which route to take!
Old 14th October 2007, 09:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Goa based on what I heard from reliable sources:

First choice:

Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Kadoor -> Shimoga -> Sagar -> TaalGuppa -> Siddapur -> Sirsi -> Ankola -> Karwar -> Goa. (Aprox. 680km distanace)

Bad Stretches: Around Kadoor(30km), TaalGuppa(15km), once a while between karwar and goa so (Aprox. 75km distanace)

Second choice:

Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Kadoor -> Shimoga -> Sagar -> TaalGuppa -> Jog Falls -> Gerasappa -> Honnavar -> Kumta -> Ankola -> Karwar -> Goa. (Aprox. 640km distanace)

Bad Stretches: Around Kadoor(30km), Gerasappa(25km), Honnavar, Kumta, Ankola (40km) once a while between karwar and goa so (Aprox. 130km distanace)

Third Choice:

Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Chitradurga -> Haveri -> Sirsi -> Ankola -> Karwar -> Goa. (Aprox. 640km distanace)

Bad Stretches: Around Chitradurga, Davengere, Haveri, Sirsi (110km), once a while between karwar and goa so (Aprox. 130km distanace)

4th Choice:

Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Chitradurga -> Haveri -> Hubli -> Yellapur -> Karwar -> Goa. (Aprox. 700km distanace)

Bad Stretches: Around Chitradurga, Davengere, Haveri, Hubli (100km), Yellapur-Ankola Ghat (20km) once a while between karwar and goa so (Aprox. 140km distanace)

None of the route will give you even 90% good stretch.

I hope I am clear

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 14th October 2007 at 09:12.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks