Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 13:29   #16
BHPian

2 hrs seems too less for this stretch, no matter what car you drive.

Consider Kuthiran (narrow ghat section) and pathetic condition of road (palghat - walayar). Only the initial small stretch (cochin-angamaly, 25 kms or so) is 4 lane (is the trichur bye-pass/chalakudi also 4 laned now?).

One will take close to 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If you start at 3 am from Cochin, Coimbatore is just 2 hours away if you're FAST

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2019 at 07:24. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 30th June 2008, 13:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

Ok Kumar saab, I located the places you are talking about. But then will that not be a very wide circuitous route? It seems to add another 50kms to the distance.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you want to go via Mysore, it is still better to go on the Mysore road via Ramnagaram, Channapatna till Madur, then turn off to Madur and join the Kanakapura-Kollegala road en route C H Nagar.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did This Route... Check-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
Dear BHP ians,

i am planning to drive from cochin to hyderbad, which would be the best and the safest route to take, is there any good place to stop for food etc.
all recomendation would be highly regarded.

i am not into extended driving so please advice on the same,

thanks

Hisham
Hai HK,

I did the exact route and have put up a travalogue in the following link, here in the travalogue section:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-report-3.html

You'd find that the trip log URL below:, on 11th and 12th July, I've covered the route from Palakkad to Hyderabad, from Palakkad to Cochin add about 3 hours if early in the morning, if during day time max 4 hours. If you want to do the Palakkad CBE section, like Steeriod suggested, say between 1 am to 4 am, its doable in about 2 hours +, I've done that with a friend, long back in a Matuti van.

http://www.arkzsol.com/Abad-clt-hyd-%20aur-%20jun08.htm

My advise, if you start from Cochin to Bangalore would be to stop at Hosur and start early in the morniing to Hyderabad, like I did. Entering Bangalore in the peak hour is a traffic trap that would suck all your time.

I think you'd take more time on the Bangalore-Hyderabad route, at lest plan for 10 hours.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 30th June 2008 at 15:02.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

ramkya1, you are responding to a 1 year old query. The member would have long since done the journey. I have bumped up the thread for a query of mine on some parts of this route.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Did Not See The Dates... Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
ramkya1, you are responding to a 1 year old query. The member would have long since done the journey. I have bumped up the thread for a query of mine on some parts of this route.
Zappo, sorry, I did not look up the date and thought this was a fresh post..........

Maybe you'd get some answers for parts of this route?

Happy Hunting,

--Ramky
Old 25th July 2019, 01:30   #22
BHPian

Cochin to Hyderabad Route Query

Dear BHPians,

We are planning to drive from Cochin to Hyderabad on 15 Aug 2019 in a 5 series. From the information from google maps and the travelogues, we are hoping to reach Hyd by 10 pm if we start at 4 am. There will be 2 drivers and a 4 year old kid. Return trip is planned for 18th Aug.

Route being considered is Cochin-Coimbatore-Salem-Krishnagiri-Hosur-ORR-Chikkaballapur-Anantapur-Kurnool-Hyderabad

Please do let us know if there is a better route !

Need your help with the following:

1. We hope to reach BLR by noon on Aug 15th (Hoilday). What would be the best route to bypass BLR traffic.
2. From the travelogues it sounded like the number of hotels are less in the BLR-HYD section. Could you please suggest some good hotels for Lunch and for tea break.
3. We would most probably be exhausted by the time we reach HYD and would like to find accommodation options at HYD outskirts (3 star or 4 star) before entering the city. Could you give any suggestion?
4. How is the road condition? Read about more number of speed breakers and speed guns. Is it going to slow us down too much? Was hoping to gain sometime in the wonderful highways.

Thanks in advance guys. You have helped so much on our previous trips and expecting the same support this time too

Last edited by Bijoy&Indu : 25th July 2019 at 01:33.
Old 25th July 2019, 07:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cochin to Hyderabad Route Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoy&Indu View Post
We are planning to drive from Cochin to Hyderabad on 15 Aug 2019 in a 5 series. From the information from google maps and the travelogues, we are hoping to reach Hyd by 10 pm if we start at 4 am. There will be 2 drivers and a 4 year old kid. Return trip is planned for 18th Aug.
Is there a pressing need to drive through the day? My take would be: that you may get tired while getting through to Bangalore from Cochin. I would suggest: Cross the city and hold out for the night somewhere near international airport. And move out early next day.

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2019 at 18:30. Reason: Fixed typo
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 16:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

I had traveled from Hyderabad to Angamaly about 5 months back.
The route is the same suggested by you.
Suggestion would be from Hosur you can take the Chikkatirupathi and Hoskote route to bypass Banglore it will take about 2.30 minutes approximately to traverse this stretch in the daytime.
Hyderabad, Shamshabad has many budget hotels you can try in one of the travel apps.
Speed guns Devanahalli bypass.
Anathpur bypass.
Kurnool bypass most common if you are lucky maybe no speed guns at all.
The roads are four lane through out except for the Chikkatirupathi route to bypass Banglore.

Last edited by gajadonga : 25th July 2019 at 16:39.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 18:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is there a pressing need to drive through the day? My take would that you may get tired while getting through to Bangalore from Cochin. I would suggest: Cross the city and hold out for the night somewhere near international airport. And move out early next day.
We generally try to avoid night drive. And there is no pressing need. We have only 4 days and thought of trying to reach Hyderabad in a day, so that we get to spend 2 days with friends there. Should we reconsider??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Suggestion would be from Hosur you can take the Chikkatirupathi and Hoskote route to bypass Banglore it will take about 2.30 minutes approximately to traverse this stretch in the daytime.
Thank you for the suggestion.
So we deviate from Hosur-Chikkatirupathi-Hoskote and then join the main highway near the Bangalore airport. Is my understanding correct?
2.30 minutes? Do you mean it will take 2.30 hours to do this stretch.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th July 2019 at 20:12. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 25th July 2019, 20:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hosur bus stand take a right to Bagalur then Chikkatirupathi Hoskote Devanahalli.
As you are traveling in the day no issues you need to ask for directions at the intersections if needed. Yes it takes 2 to 2.30 minutes subject to traffic conditions.
I drive in the night most of the time as am well versed with the route.
I have updated more precisely in bypassing Banglore thread.

Last edited by gajadonga : 25th July 2019 at 20:07.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 10:06   #27
BHPian

Re: Cochin to Hyderabad Route Query

Quote:

1. We hope to reach BLR by noon on Aug 15th (Hoilday). What would be the best route to bypass BLR traffic.
The traffic will be very thin in the city on 15th aug. You can comfortably take the city route. ie) e-city - silk board - Raj bhavan - Hebbal
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 23:38   #28
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Cochin route query

We are hopeful of doing the trip on Aug 15th as the flood situation is getting better. What we hear from friends is that we would be able to do the thrissur - palakkad - coimbatore stretch.
Heard there is heavy rain in Karnataka too. Hope highways from coimbatore-bangalore-hyderabad are not affected. If anyone has any updates, please share.
Old 12th August 2019, 17:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Banglore no issues at all. I traveled yesterday to Banglore and back.
Krishna and Tungabadra rivers were flowing to brim. No stoppage in the traffic. It was the usual routine traffic. Hope this helps in your plans
Old 12th August 2019, 17:37   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Cochin route query

Quote:
If anyone has any updates, please share.
No issues. Both Bangalore - Hyderabad & Bangalore - Cochin route are open.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 12th August 2019 at 17:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks