Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 10:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore GQ

Just like the GQ, is there anything like the bangalore tourist GQ i.e. if I want to cover the surrounding areas by road keeping bangalore as the central point and then spanning around within a weeks time (max 7 days to and fro).

I was thinking like this:

Bangalore to Mysore : 1st day - 142Kms

Mysore to Coorg : 2nd day - 113 Kms

Coorg to Mangalore : 4th day - 126 Kms

Mangalore to Aralagodu(Jog falls, no stay) : 5th day 181 Kms

Aralagodu to Hassan: 5th day - 236 Kms

Hassan to bangalore : 7th day - 185 Kms

This includes day travel by own vehicle, stay, sightseeing etc or am I being too optimistic.

Is Jog falls not worth it considering the distance and time or can I skip hassan and cover something else on the way back ??

I am planning this itenary for some guests visiting me in bangalore. How does it look, all suggestions(on places, distances, timelines) are welcome.
Old 24th September 2007, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hassan area has Belur-Halebid, Chickmagalur and Shravanabelagola. Jog Falls will be great now after the rains. Why drop anything at all? Maybe I will cut done Hassan to 1 day instead of 2
Old 24th September 2007, 11:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do a Zigzag trip after reaching Mlr, Mangalore - Jog (South to North), Jog - Kemmanagundi (north to South), Kemmanagundi - Chikamagalur - Belur - halebid - Hassan - Sravanabelagola - Bangalore

Abhi
Old 24th September 2007, 12:56   #4
BHPian

yes, why skip anything at all... if the visitors are not ones who get fatigued on long trips, everything can be covered. by the way, if b'lore is the central point, you'll have to do quite a bit of exploring in TN as well. why haven't i heard of many tourist places in TN? is it the lack of nearby ones or otherwise?
Old 24th September 2007, 13:14   #5
BHPian

No need to skip anything, just like everyone is telling you. My only word of caution is to watch out for the road to Shimoga and then to Jog falls. I went up to Shimoga a dew weeks ago and the last 70 km or so is simply not worth driving over. Also avoid jog falls on the weekend, the crowds are unbelievable. Barring that, if you are doing the Hassan sector, I would suggest you consider doing Belur, Halebid and Shravanabelagola. If you are a foodie, don't miss the jain bhojanalaya at shravanabelagola, but that means you would have to be down the hill by lunch time. The food is home made and exquisite.

Safe driving and happy journey.
Cheers!
Old 24th September 2007, 14:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Am not aware of what all can be seen in some of these locations and what will be the distances. Can they be covered within the seven days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Do a Zigzag trip after reaching Mlr, Mangalore - Jog (South to North), Jog - Kemmanagundi (north to South), Kemmanagundi - Chikamagalur - Belur - halebid - Hassan - Sravanabelagola - Bangalore

Abhi
fatigue is one reason and time is another. I prefer to see things in a relaxed manner then just touch many and get tired.

Also we plan to take this trip later in this year and not immediately. Planning ahead so that I can confirm these with my relatives who are based out of US. Then i will go ahead with the logistics etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
yes, why skip anything at all... if the visitors are not ones who get fatigued on long trips, everything can be covered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks