Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 12:43   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyd-Mahabaleshwar-Route Info

I am planning a weekend trip to Mahabaleshwar coming weekend. Can someone let me know the shortest route to this destination? I know it is Hyd-Pune road but is there a bypass where i can avoid getting into Pune city and head straight to Mahabaleshwar?

Also what is the approximate distance from Hyderabad and if any leads on good places to stay there would be great! Btw, is it raining heavily as in AP in Pune/Maharastra now???

Thanks
Avinash
Old 24th September 2007, 12:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

We are driving to Mahabaleshwar on 30th. You can join the Pune gang for this one.
Old 24th September 2007, 13:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
We are driving to Mahabaleshwar on 30th. You can join the Pune gang for this one.
Awesome MF! If I come, I will certainly join you guys. And, i plan to reach Mahabaleshwar on Saturday evening

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th September 2007 at 13:18.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am planning a weekend trip to Mahabaleshwar coming weekend. Can someone let me know the shortest route to this destination? I know it is Hyd-Pune road but is there a bypass where i can avoid getting into Pune city and head straight to Mahabaleshwar?
I dont think there is one.. While coming back from Hyd, even I was looking for a way from Sholapur road to Katraj so that I can bypass the crowded parts of the city and head straight to Aundh. I ended up in Swargate instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also what is the approximate distance from Hyderabad and if any leads on good places to stay there would be great! Btw, is it raining heavily as in AP in Pune/Maharastra now???
Rains are on and off these days.. Cant really predict. But Mahabaleshwar is fabulous during rains.. so pray for a rainy day!! Good places to stay.. I cant even remember where we stayed .. but chances are that you'll end up in a place with bus loads (literally) of gujjus and/or Marwadis .. If you like gujju food, food at Lake view is pretty good.
Old 12th December 2007, 17:53   #5
PVS
BHPian

Trip to Mahabaleshwar

I am planning a 2-Night, 3-Day trip to Mahabaleshwar along with wife & 1 year old kid, from Hyderabad.
Will be reaching Pune by the overnight train from Hyderabad; and plan to return to Hyderabad from Pune by the evening train.

A few questions:
  • I intend to take a bus from Pune to Mahabaleshwar. Options are Raj NE and ST Asiad 2 * 2 seater. Any other options (Share Taxis/Maxicabs) available? If not, which one of the two above would be a better option?
  • In Mahabaleshwar, how do I go around checking out the places of interest? Does MH Tourism have any travel packages? If not, any idea how much approximately a cab would charge for checking out nearby places?
  • Any good places to eat in Mahabaleshwar?
  • Any other useful information?

Thanks!

Mod's Note: Please use the search feature provided on the top menu bar. As far as possible post your query in an existing thread on the subject rather than opening a new thread everytime.

Threads merged.
Old 12th December 2007, 22:02   #6
BHPian

mobike 008 :

The shortest route is Hyd-Solapur-Pandharpur-Satara-Mahabaleshwar.

But I sincerely advise you to avoid the Pandharpur-Satara stretch and go via Pune, which is a bit longer route and you may have to halt in Pune for the night.

Pandharpur-Satara road is in very bad condition and is so lonely that you don't see any vehicle or a human being for miles together. My friend had a lucky escape when a gang nearly waylaid him but he could speed away in his Innova.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks