Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 09:46   #1

Chennai to Mantralayam : Route Queries

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Mantralayam from Chennai by my Alto by around October 2nd week.

MapmyIndia route map shows me to take the NH4(chennai to Chittoor)->NH219->NH205 (Chittoor to Kadiri)->NH7 (Kadiri to Ananthapur)->SH18 (Anantapur to Mantralayam Road).

If anybody knows a better route please advise. Also advise me how the road conditions are and how much time it will take

Regards
Murali
Old 27th September 2007, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Alternatively, you can go via Renigunta, Kadapa, Tadapatri, Gooty, Adoni. Distance is 600 kms on this route. Road conditions are normally good, have no update on its current status. If you area fast driver, and leave early morning, you should easily reach the same day evening.

I have no idea of the distance on the Kadiri-Anantapur route - the 2 routes converge at Gooty and it is a common route after that.
Old 6th July 2010, 11:31   #3

Chennai To Mantralayam Best Routes Help Required

Planning to do a trip from Chennai to Mantralayam in the 3rd/4th week of July. Wanted to know the best route. Did a search here, but could only find 2007 dated post.

I will be travelling with my father(70) and 2 brothers (30+) in Vista(D). Google search showed Chennai - Renigunta - Cuddapa - Nadyal - Kurmool - Mantalayam (535KMs).

The other alternate route by shown by Google maps is Chennai - Ranipet - Chitoor - Madanapalle - Kadiri - Anantapur - Patikonda - Yaminganur - Mantralayam (598KMs).

1. Which would be the best route, I would like to drive thru the best roads, even if it means some 50KM extra.
2. What are the restarants(veg) available on route?
3. Can I cover this in 1 day (8AM-8PM)? I live near Vadapalani in Chennai.
4. I will be doing this on Fri, Sat & Sun.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th July 2010 at 12:12. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 6th July 2010, 15:55   #4
BHPian

The second route though longer may be better as it would have relatively have less of the main stream traffic. Enjoy your trip.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:21   #5
BHPian

Suggesting this route as this ensures NH quality roads till kadapa and thereon from Gooty to Mantralayam. I have no idea of Kadapa to Gooty stretch though it is infested with truck traffic.

Chennai to Kadapa via chittoor ( NH4, NH18 ) - 320 kms OR via puttur, Renigunta - 265 kms

Kadapa to Gooty via tadpatri - 150 kms

Gooty to Mantralayam via Adoni, Madhavaram - 128 kms
Old 6th July 2010, 17:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

Take the second route. (That is the one via Chittoor/Madanapalle/Kadiri/Anantpur/Gooty/Mantralayam).

If you start by 4AM, you can have BF at Chitoor and an early lunch at Anantpur.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:29   #7

Thanks kiranpashtakar, roamingrao & ampere. I will share my travel experience.
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:00   #8
BHPian

re: Chennai to Mantralayam : Route Queries

I'm planning a trip to Mantralayam this month by car from Chennai. Any update on the current road conditions ?

Which route would be better now?
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
I'm planning a trip to Mantralayam this month by car from Chennai. Any update on the current road conditions ?

Which route would be better now?
Use Addy's update (Bangalore-Mantralayam)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tralaya-3.html

Good to go via Chittoor-Palamaner-Madanapalli-Kadiri-Anantpur-Gooty-Mantralayam.
(That is my opinion. What do you folks think?)
Old 17th April 2015, 14:29   #10

Hi All

Is this route fine for going to Mantralayam? I want minimal speed breakers.

Chennai -> Pallikonda -> Pallamaner -> Mulbagal -> chintamani -> Gooty -> Mantralayam

Thanks
Shankar
Old 18th April 2015, 10:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsraman View Post
Hi All

Is this route fine for going to Mantralayam? I want minimal speed breakers.

Chennai -> Pallikonda -> Pallamaner -> Mulbagal -> chintamani -> Gooty -> Mantralayam

Why Pallikonda? You can even take the regular NH4 via Ranipet/Chitoor/Palamaner. Rest of the sections are good.
Old 18th April 2015, 14:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why Pallikonda? You can even take the regular NH4 via Ranipet/Chitoor/Palamaner. Rest of the sections are good.
Lots of truck traffic as I am leaving on a working day. Just wanted to reduce the number of vehicles in the opposite direction.

thanks
shankar
Old 19th May 2015, 13:30   #13

Hello All,

Did Chennai - Bangalore - Mantralayam - Nava Brindavanam - Bangalore - Chennai trip on weekend of 01-May-2015. Road conditions below:

Chennai -Bangalore - Took the Chittor route as it was easy for my Bangalore stop over at a friends place. Started from Chennai around 8PM reached Bangalore @ 2:30AM. Weekend traffic till Chittor, after which it was empty roads. Good roads all the way till Whitefield.

Bangalore - Mantralayam: Started @ 9AM. Took NH7 all the way till Kurnool, no traffic at all empty roads, not much eating options too. From Kurnool to Mantralayam, bad stretch single lane roads with lot of villages average speeds 20KMPH, did a mistake should have taken the Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralayam route, would have saved atleast an hour. Any ways, reached Mantralayam @6:30PM, had good darshan.

Mantralayam - Nava Brindavanam: Started @8PM, took the Gorkal-Manvi-Sindhanur-Gangavati route. From Mantralayam, you need to go towards Panchamuki road, instead of turning right @ Panchmuki road take the left road this will connect to Raichur-Manvi road. This road is 16KM long very horrible 1 lane road, took 1:20mins to cross this section, and reach the Raichur-Manvi road. After which its good 2 lane roads all the way till Gangavati, Nava Brindavanam is around 12 KM from Gangavati bus stand. Over all took 4:30Hrs Reached around 1:30AM and stayed at the Mutt. Had a good darshan next day morning and left @ 12 noon.

On the return I took Gangavati-Bellary- Uravakonda-Anatapur-Bangalore-Chennai route.

Ganagavai - Bellary : Bad stretch of roads for the first 15KMS after which it is okay till Bellary.
Bellary-Uravakonda-Anatapur: Wow good roads thru the ghats and plains with lot of cat-eye guides installed in the curves. Good roads all the way to reach the NH7 near Anatapur
Anatapur-Bangalore: NH7 all the way no issues. Over all it took 6 hours to reach Bangalore Whitefield. Bangalore - Chennai took the usual Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore route to Chennai took 5 hours to reach Chennai including toll stops.

All times above are drive times+Toll stoppages, without accounting for break times. 5 adult and a 6 month baby on Indica Vista Diesel.
Old 19th May 2015, 17:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagCar View Post
On the return I took Gangavati-Bellary- Uravakonda-Anatapur-Bangalore-Chennai route.
As you found out, there is no need to go till Kurnool. There is no gain as well. Anantpur exit works well. Or even Gooty would be good.
Old 19th November 2016, 17:41   #15

Hi,
When it comes to road trips, t-bhp has always been my savior.I am looking to do Chennai to Manthralayam sometime next month. I am driving along with my one year old son.

In reading this thread, I think the below may be the best route (Google Maps) , did i get it right ?

Chennai -->renigunta-->almost touching kadapa-->tadipatri--.Gooty-->Adoni-->Yemmiganur-->Manthralayam ?

and, any suggestions on good hotels to stay at manthralayam ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks