Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 14:28   #46
BHPian

took this route last week , started mysore @10 am , reached madhumalai via gundalpet, by 11.45 am. decent drive , roads are excellent, only 1km laying of new road is going on.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:56   #47

I'm planning to head to Ooty from bangalore this month end. Can anybody let me know the road condition from Gundelpet to Ooty?

Cheers..
Old 21st October 2010, 12:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_g View Post
I'm planning to head to Ooty from bangalore this month end. Can anybody let me know the road condition from Gundelpet to Ooty?
Generally very good roads. A bit rough between Mysore and Nanjangud, and then between Theppekkadu and Masinagudi. (Assuming you're taking the shorter road via Masinagudi - If going via Gudalur, the road should be good all through, but then it is at least 30 kms longer)
Old 26th October 2010, 12:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers..
Just came back from Ooty last night. As usual, Road condition between Mysore-Nanjangud is bad. Hell a lot of patches. If you don't time your travel, you will get stuck in lorry traffic. After Nanjangud, the roads are good all throughout, except for few strectches between Mudumalai/Theppakadu-Masinagudi.

-Ravi
Old 26th October 2010, 14:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Just came back from Ooty last night. As usual, Road condition between Mysore-Nanjangud is bad. Hell a lot of patches. If you don't time your travel, you will get stuck in lorry traffic. After Nanjangud, the roads are good all throughout, except for few strectches between Mudumalai/Theppakadu-Masinagudi.

-Ravi
This road used to be a breeze during my college days, but off late heavy truck traffic coupled with the narrow road makes it a pain

Road condition is good, both via masinagudi or via the guddalur are in good shape
Old 27th October 2010, 07:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Generally very good roads. A bit rough between Mysore and Nanjangud, and then between Theppekkadu and Masinagudi. (Assuming you're taking the shorter road via Masinagudi - If going via Gudalur, the road should be good all through, but then it is at least 30 kms longer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This road used to be a breeze during my college days, but off late heavy truck traffic coupled with the narrow road makes it a pain

Road condition is good, both via masinagudi or via the guddalur are in good shape
I took the Gudalur road a couple of weeks back, really not worth it, its longer and the road can definitely be much better than that. Must take the shorter and more exciting 36 hair pin route.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
I took the Gudalur road a couple of weeks back, really not worth it, its longer and the road can definitely be much better than that. Must take the shorter and more exciting 36 hair pin route.
I returned back from Ooty to B'lore through Gudalur road last monday. In terms of driving time, Gudalur route is not worth it. It really takes longer time to cover the additional 30 to 40 kms and is very tiring. Moreover, there are many blind curves in that NH, but not many hairpin bends though (just a few are there).

I agree, 36 hairpin bend route is more exciting than gudalur route.

-Ravi
Old 27th October 2010, 13:10   #53
Team-BHP Support

Sometimes while returing the cops do not allow one to take the hairpin bend route.
You need to watch out for that.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sometimes while returing the cops do not allow one to take the hairpin bend route.
You need to watch out for that.
The standard solution is to say that you're going to see Kalhatty falls, they generally let you go.

And if they stop you at the Kalhatty falls checkpost, say that you're staying in a resort in Masinagudi and are returning from an Ooty visit

Most Viewed