Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 13:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Not even to stretch the limbs and answer nature's calls? You drive all by yourself or someone to relieve you.

As for me have to drive all by myself. I hate to carry food on board as its smell in the cabin nauseates me. I prefer to do pit stops.
5 minutes every 4 hours to answer nature. Enough space in the car to stretch legs. Never carry oily food, live off dry fruits, biscuits, dry rotis, khakras, fruits and lots of Leh Berrys and Enerzals (for dehydration). Always a solo driver, for 6 hours or 42 hours. Incidentally, have also driven non-stop for 40 hours and plus on at least 6 occasions - and no, did not kill anyone, although I can already hear lots of voices say I am too dangerous to be on the road that long, but opinions and views can be subjective. Lost count of the 24 hour plus non-stop journeys made.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Jaipur-Ajmer/Pushkar-Jodhpur-Mt Abu-Nathdwara-Udaipur.
Guys how mush time does it takes to do this stretch continuously & how many Kms is it?
Old 12th November 2007, 17:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Bump!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
24th is a Saturday, sounds good.
GD, Khaadu, Anshuman, Tanveer (you in India in Nov?), Gunbir, LBM, Faithless, Aza, Revvedup, Hellspawn, Horsepower, Autophile, Mukul, Ishan and the rest of the NCR gang - we have a guest in town in November; how about a "MEAT-MEET" guys .

Lukeskywalker, don't worry, in a worse case scenario, we'll have a "mini" meet with the Gurgaon gang in attendance (since Dwarka is not all that far away)

Hey Suman, am arriving in Delhi on 14th as planned, Corbett from 15th to 17th, 19th to 22nd Udaipur, Jaipur. Returning to B'lore on 25th.

I may not have internet access to check TBHP, my ph. no. is 09844206009.

Could we plan a get together keeping my itinerary in mind?
Cheers_Hari.
Old 12th November 2007, 20:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lukesy, welcome to North. Are you driving all the way? Call me once you are near Delhi/NCR. My mob is 9810061418.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hey Suman, am arriving in Delhi on 14th as planned, Corbett from 15th to 17th, 19th to 22nd Udaipur, Jaipur. Returning to B'lore on 25th.

Cheers_Hari.
Old 12th November 2007, 21:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Corbett from 15th to 17th

Cheers_Hari.
If you need any help with the route above, give me a ring. Unfortunately, I'll most probably be travelling in the dates you're here but I'm sure Suman, GD etc. will take good care of you!
Old 12th November 2007, 21:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you need any help with the route above, give me a ring. Unfortunately, I'll most probably be travelling in the dates you're here but I'm sure Suman, GD etc. will take good care of you!

Thanks for the offer, I'd sure appreciate help in getting rooms inside Corbett as our application for reservation has not come through yet, spoke to the director, but did not do any good. Am trying again tomorrow.
Old 12th November 2007, 21:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Lukesy, welcome to North. Are you driving all the way? Call me once you are near Delhi/NCR. My mob is 9810061418.
No flying into Delhi and then by road everywhere else. Will call once i'm there, have noted ur number.
Funny thing is I'd be asking for gd1418 as don't know ur name .
Old 12th November 2007, 21:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, I'd sure appreciate help in getting rooms inside Corbett as our application for reservation has not come through yet, spoke to the director, but did not do any good. Am trying again tomorrow.
Oh.... sorry about that, can give it a shot but this late it's not going to be too good. In winters esp. the resorts inside Corbett are fully booked well in advance.

Quote:
No flying into Delhi and then by road everywhere else. Will call once i'm there, have noted ur number.
Funny thing is I'd be asking for gd1418 as don't know ur name .
His name is Guru Dutt.
Old 13th November 2007, 10:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers_Hari.
Looks like 18th, 23rd & 24th are the only days you have in Delhi? 24th would be a good day if that suits you - let me know. I will PM you my Mobile number
Old 13th November 2007, 12:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Ditto with me too...

Quote:
Looks like 18th, 23rd & 24th are the only days you have in Delhi? 24th would be a good day if that suits you - let me know. I will PM you my Mobile number
Old 13th November 2007, 13:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just got the news that we have got 2 rooms for 6 of us in Corbett only for the 15th, so 16th maybe a return to Delhi or go further to Almora/Ranikhet or someplace.

Guys what good places are nearby?

By the way 24th seems right for meeting up, only don't think I can have a late night out as I have an early morning flight back.
Will call you guys once I'm there.
Regards_Hari.
Old 13th November 2007, 13:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the news that we have got 2 rooms for 6 of us in Corbett only for the 15th, so 16th maybe a return to Delhi or go further to Almora/Ranikhet or someplace.
You ain't interested in the mountains I take it? I would have gone to Manali rather than Corbett for a day & then back to Delhi & then someplace else........15th to 17th Manali, return to Delhi on 18th, then off to Jaipur
Old 13th November 2007, 13:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Althouhg this is peak period at Corbett, once you reach there you might be wangle a day more depending on the ground realities. In one day you have a bleak chance of sighting the big cat or maybe you could be very very lucky..

Quote:

By the way 24th seems right for meeting up, only don't think I can have a late night out as I have an early morning flight back.
Will call you guys once I'm there.
Regards_Hari.
Old 13th November 2007, 13:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You ain't interested in the mountains I take it? I would have gone to Manali rather than Corbett for a day & then back to Delhi & then someplace else........15th to 17th Manali, return to Delhi on 18th, then off to Jaipur
I love mountains, my wife is not so keen, this is my second trip to Corbett, last time around did not spot the big cat, mabe this time.
Manali, I had been on my honeymoon and almost lost my life in an accident, so not so keen on going there.
Old 15th November 2007, 17:49   #60
BHPian

Rajasthan Trip

I am also traveling to Rajasthan for a short trip this month end. Did some R&D on google abd realized that a week time is not sufficient to see all important places in Rajasthan. Unfortunately my onward and return tickets were all booked and I had to plan a hurricane tour - overnight hopping between places almost everynight.

Below are my travel itineraries. We four (myself, a friend of mine and his parents) will be hiring a cab from Delhi and taking it all way to Jaipur. My friend's parents will come back to Delhi taking the same cab. And myself and my friend will go ahead with our Rajasthan tour.

Day 1 (Fri, 23Nov) - Arrive Delhi (Evening flight from Bangalore after office)
Day 2 (Sat, 24Nov) - Visit Mathura, Agra (Night halt in Agra)
Day 3 (Sun, 25Nov) - Visit Fatehpur Shikri and reach Jaipur by noon (Attend a friend's wedding in Jaipur and halt)
Day 4 (Mon, 26Nov) - Jaipur Local tour (and take Train 2965 to Udaipur at Night)
Day 5 (Tue, 27Nov) - Arrive at Udaipur + Local tour (night stay in Udaipur/take overnight bus to Jodhpur)
Day 6 (Wed, 28Nov) - Arrive at Jodhpur by Bus + Local tour (take Train 4810 to Jaisalmer at night)
Day 7 (Thu, 29Nov) - Jaisalmer (take Train 4060 to Delhi)
Day 8 (Fri, 30Nov) - Arrive at Delhi (Shopping time)
Day 9 (Sat, 01Dec) - Shopping at Delhi (take Rajdhani Express to reach Bangalore on 3rd Dec (Monday) morning and join office).

I know it is injustice to myself as I am not spending more time in Jaisalmer. The reason for doing this is to have save extra time for myself in Delhi, meeting friends and some shopping.

Any sugestions ? Advices? Tips?

Most Viewed