Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 19:39   #256
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Any update on this route would be highly appreciated. I intend to travel to aerocity from Udaipur. Looking at the farmer protest issue, Jaipur-Bharatpur-Mathura-Aerocity looks like a better option, or should I stick to the default route?
Stick to the default route. You can drive on the wrong side on the highway, there are cops stationed to guide you. This is only for cars, you cross the farmers protest on the wrong side, traffic towards Jaipur is diverted to the service lane.

^update from last weekend.
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 21:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Stick to the default route. You can drive on the wrong side on the highway, there are cops stationed to guide you. This is only for cars, you cross the farmers protest on the wrong side, traffic towards Jaipur is diverted to the service lane.

^update from last weekend.
So I am traveling from Dehradun to Jaipur, so it seems I can stick to the normal Delhi Jaipur route and it should take 30/40 min to cross the border blockade.
The mathura bharatpur route is quite a long one so trying to avoid it.
Old 30th November 2021, 08:46   #258
BHPian

I am planning to go to Amer fort, Jaipur from Delhi this week. I will be making morning departures both ways.
Any suggestions for a route both to Jaipur and from Jaipur to Delhi?
Also what are the recommended pit stops for tea and meals etc?
It will be my first road trip to Jaipur after 20 years so a little apprehensive and I am also considering rail/flight.
How is internet connectivity through mobile phone all along the route? I will have to do some work related thing enroute and for that I will have to make an unscheduled stop for 30 minutes anywhere along the route.
Is road blockade due to farmers' protest a thing of concern or traffic delays?

Last edited by neeraj0272 : 30th November 2021 at 09:03.
Old 30th November 2021, 15:54   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I am planning to go to Amer fort, Jaipur from Delhi this week. Is road blockade due to farmers' protest a thing of concern or traffic delays?
Hi Neeraj, bet a lot would have changed in 20 years! Though potholes and crazy traffic being the common denominator from then and now

I did this route in early November itself, so speaking from experience. With regards to the farmers' protest, its largely manageable now. They are occupying one lane of the flyover between Bawal (last point in HR, after crossing all the fuel stations) and Shahjahanpur (first point in RJ, before Neemrana)

From Delhi to Jaipur : You are made to enter the service lane before the flyover starts and you come back to main highway pretty soon.

From Jaipur to Delhi : You need to take a right turn on the highway, before this flyover, drive some 400-500 mtrs on the wrong side. Get on the wrong side of the flyover (Nothing wrong with it, the cops assist the traffic), get down and merge with your side of the highway.

Eating Options : Aplenty! Depending if you like Dhaba food or Food courts with fast food, coffee etc. My favorite normally is The Food Street Behror (https://goo.gl/maps/4uuoDPzNa5JMXHbV7)

Internet connectivity : The map service and music streaming works fine!

ps: Watch out for speed governors when you have straight stretches in Rajasthan. 80 is the official limit.

Wishing you a safe journey!

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 30th November 2021 at 15:56.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:16   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I am planning to go to Amer fort, Jaipur from Delhi this week. I will be making morning departures both ways.
Any suggestions for a route both to Jaipur and from Jaipur to Delhi?
Also what are the recommended pit stops for tea and meals etc?
It will be my first road trip to Jaipur after 20 years so a little apprehensive and I am also considering rail/flight.
How is internet connectivity through mobile phone all along the route? I will have to do some work related thing enroute and for that I will have to make an unscheduled stop for 30 minutes anywhere along the route.
Is road blockade due to farmers' protest a thing of concern or traffic delays?
I did Udaipur - Jaipur - Delhi (bypass) a month ago.
There are plenty of good dhabas on this route; my recommendation will be Hotel Highway King chain of dhabas. Internet connectivity (airtel / jio ) works fine. There is a road blockade at Mohanpur (28.03101696127954, 76.4964574782263). Please follow local traffic
to bypass this area and you'll be fine.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:22   #261
BHPian

Did the Delhi - Jaipur trip on 2nd December. Except for a very short 500m stretch where farmers are staging protest on one side of a flyover and where authorities are using a service lane and the other side of the flyover for routing traffic, entire highway is in good condition.

We had lunch at Old Rao, Patao but it was very ordinary.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 07:23   #262
BHPian

The recent reports from travellers who have done this route around 15 December 2021 suggest that the blockage due to farmer protest has been cleared now. Being a frequent Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi traveller, I myself got stuck on this route 6 times and this sounds like a lot of relief.
ManishSoni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 22:38   #263

Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to shed some light on the best route to take from Jaipur to Chittorgarh and back?

TIA
Old 14th February 2023, 21:12   #264
BHPian

Any update on the new Gurgaon to Jaipur expressway that was opened for the public today?

Specifically wanted to know if the way side amenities and fuel pumps are operational?
Old 28th March 2023, 13:42   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_roy View Post
Any update on the new Gurgaon to Jaipur expressway that was opened for the public today?

Specifically wanted to know if the way side amenities and fuel pumps are operational?
There are a few petrol pumps. Not much by way of wayside amenities though.

The kind of food malls and restaurants that one gets on the old Delhi Jaipur highway are not available, and it will take some time for them to come up.

Just before Alwar Bharatpur exit there are a couple of decent food outlets operational. But don't expect McDonalds/BK/KFC/Starbucks yet.

Once the traffic increases other amenities will follow.
devilking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:17   #266

Good morning,

Which will be the best route to travel from Delhi to Udaipur?

I was considering taking the new DME till Lalsot and than follow the google maps till Udaipur or should we stick to the old route.
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:26   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan4renault View Post
Good morning,

Which will be the best route to travel from Delhi to Udaipur?

I was considering taking the new DME till Lalsot and than follow the google maps till Udaipur or should we stick to the old route.
Best route: Delhi - DME - Dausa - Kishangarh (via Jaipur ORR) - Bhilwara - Nathdwara - Udaipur.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 10:34   #268
BHPian

Did a Delhi - Udaipur - Delhi road trip during 01 Jun - 04 Jun 23. Took the DME-Dausa-Jaipur ORR-Kishengarh-Bhilwara- Chittorgarh route for onward journey. We were planning to turn to Nathdwara, however we missed the left turn after Junawas and continued to Chittorgarh. Did not regret as the entire route was fine.

For the return leg, decided to try out the NH 48 from Jaipur to Delhi skipping the DME and regretted it fully! Till Jaipur took the Nathdwara-Bhilwara-Kishengarh- Jaipur route. This stretch was fine.

The GQ stretch from Jaipur to Delhi is bad with horrible patches and with the heavy vehicle density does not let one enjoy the drive. In between the normal cruising, the road surface becomes extremely bad with no leeway to manoeuvre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks