Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 11:56   #3286

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Hi Guys. I will be going to Goa (candolim) from Bangalore during December. Wanted to know the fastest route to Goa.
Google Maps suggests the following route : bangalore - tumakur - chitradunga - haveli - hubli dharwad - Candolim.
I just wanna get their at using least amount of time.
Also any idea how much will the the total toll tax one way ? Someone suggested that total could go up-to Rs 2000 for one way !
Old 27th October 2015, 12:36   #3287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi Guys. I will be going to Goa (candolim) from Bangalore during December. Wanted to know the fastest route to Goa.
Google Maps suggests the following route : bangalore - tumakur - chitradunga - haveli - hubli dharwad - Candolim.
I just wanna get their at using least amount of time.
Also any idea how much will the the total toll tax one way ? Someone suggested that total could go up-to Rs 2000 for one way !
The default route shown by Google is good except for a 20 km of very bad roads between Ramnagar and Goa border (NH 4A). So to avoid this take the Chorla route via Khanapur, Jamboti. Route link.

Refer to this post for food/refuel options upto Hubli. After Hubli, no food option till you reach Goa.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3828255

The toll on our highways is around 1 rupee per kilometer. So the toll will be less than Rs 500 one way and Rs 250 for Goa entry fee.
Landkruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:11   #3288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
The default route shown by Google is good except for a 20 km of very bad roads between Ramnagar and Goa border (NH 4A). So to avoid this take the Chorla route via Khanapur, Jamboti. Route link.

Refer to this post for food/refuel options upto Hubli. After Hubli, no food option till you reach Goa.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3828255

The toll on our highways is around 1 rupee per kilometer. So the toll will be less than Rs 500 one way and Rs 250 for Goa entry fee.
Thank u so much my friend
Old 27th October 2015, 15:56   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You can take this option
  • On Hubli-Dharwad Bypass buy toll ticket for last exit (50 INR) but you need to exit 4 kms before the last exit. There will be a signage marked for Alnavar. Essentially, if you note down the Trip meter at the entry toll, this exit will be apprx 26 kms

• As soon as you exit and take left, you will be on Alnavar-Ramnagar tolled road where you need to pay toll of 55 INR (unless its increased now)

• Drive on this road till you near Alnavar and after passing Alnavar on your left, at the next fork, take right for Khanapur (left hand of the fork leads to Ramnagar)

• Cross Khanapur and reach Jamboti. Khanapur-Jamboti is 15 kms, Narrow, Freshly laid and broken soon but still worth driving between 45-60kmph easily with very less traffic

• At Jamboti, continue towards Chorla (Right leads to Belgaum City)
I took this exact route on 22nd Oct 2015. Thanks for mentioning this route. It was a very good drive. My destination was Morjim so I did not want to take the longer Karwar route. I've had both good and bad experience with the route through Ramanagar via NH4A so I was skeptical about taking that route since the monsoon season has just ended and there were good chances that the roads will be bad. I also read that there is a 30 km bad stretch on that route.

My total distance from home (Yelahanka) to Morjim was 591 kms. We started pretty late (10 am). The only problem was that it got dark, roads were narrow, there was dense forest after khanapur and people do not believe in driving in low beam so that slowed us down a bit but overall the roads were in very good condition. It took around 11 hours to complete the journey with 2 small breaks. Took the same route back to Bangalore and it was a lot of fun to drive in the daytime. Return took 13 hours through because of the long weekend traffic, several accidents on the highway and long queues on tolls.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:07   #3290
BHPian

Hi All

There have been conversations around a rough patch on descending towards Ankola enroute NH63.

Just needed to understand if anyone has tried the SH6, which actually is the extention of the Yellapura-Mungod road, i.e. just at the Idgundi 'Y' junction, the road to the left links NH63-NH17, and at the right it continues as SH6, runs adjacent to the Kadra reservoir/Kali river and joins at Karwar city and subsequently NH17.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Old 27th October 2015, 17:59   #3291
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks, just back from Goa and took the Bangalore - Rannebenur - Bankapur - Mundgod - Yellapur - Ankola - Goa route for both the journies.
  • Till Rannebenur the roads are good, I will not say great as the NH has detoriated since I last drove in 2013. But easily the fastest.
  • From Bankapur to Ankola its normal SH & NH undivided roads. Does get narrow between Mundgod and Yellapur but nothing difficult. Road condition is great, freshly laid and very less traffic.
  • From Yellapur its the usual NH till Ankola and bad sections on the ghat. They are patching up but its only mud patching so please go slow.
  • Ankola to Goa is another bliss of a road.

Total toll for up and down journey was 1088 bucks.

Blr - Goa: Start time: 5am; End Time: 3.30pm; Breaktime: 30 mins
Goa - Blr: Start Time: 11:45am; End Time: 12.30am; Breaktime: 1 hour
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:38   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
The toll expenses are given below with the timings. We took 30 mins breakfast break and 40 mins lunch break before Hubli and reached Candolim at 5.30 pm. HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goatoll.jpg  

Landkruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 12:29   #3293
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Took the trip from Blr to Goa on 22nd Oct, 2015 and returned on 26th Oct, 2015.
Went via MK Hubli route. During our travel towards Goa, we got caught up amidst a riot (sort of) near MK Hubli Khanapur crossing where it merges with NH4A. It was really scary and we lost around 1.5 hours due to this.
Otherwise the route was great. Took us 12.5 hrs to reach Goa (3am to 3:30pm with, one long stop of 1 hr) and the return took around 13 hrs (4:30am to 5:30pm, with multiple short stops and Bangalore traffic ate up around 40 mins extra).
We had rented a Swift LDi Zoomcar. The car was in excellent condition and enabled us to complete 1725 kms with a smile.
Old 1st November 2015, 19:48   #3294
BHPian

Did Bangalore - Goa with family during Pooja Holidays.

Onward: Since I am staying in north Bangalore, took Yelahanka - Doddaballapur (NH 207) to reach Dabaspet to avoid Nelamangala traffic. About 25 KM after Haveri bypass, exit to SH6 to reach Yellapur via Mundgod (as advised by Parag). This is a single line road cutting through many villages but very scenic. Roads are rough near villages. Need to be careful about those small humps.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-2015_1021_112054aa.jpg
Somewhere between Bakapur & Yellapur

Return: We took Goa – Karwar – Yellapur – Kalghatgi – NH4 – Dabaspet – Doddabellapur – Bangalore North. This route was about 30 KM longer than the previous route.

Filled the tank at IOCL COCO, Ranebennur on both the occasions.

Many thanks to paragsachania, mpksuhas, Ortho_Surgeon for their advice on Route & POIs.

Trip-Log

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-trip-records1.jpg

Tolls Paid

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-tolls.jpg

Last edited by iVento : 1st November 2015 at 19:56.
iVento is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:48   #3295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi Folks, just back from Goa and took the Bangalore - Rannebenur - Bankapur - Mundgod - Yellapur - Ankola - Goa route for both the journies.

Hi Motomaverick,

Was this the exact road that you took ?
Route Map

How is the stretch from Bankapur > Mundgod > Yallapur ?
Is there any landmark /sign to identify where to turn Left at Bankapur ?
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:33   #3296
Senior - BHPian

@iVento -where is this IOCL COCO in Rannebennur. Is it on the N4 or do we have to get into Rannebennur town?

DF
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:57   #3297
BHPian

Good Evening Fellow Members!

After 2 years we have planned another trip to Goa during Diwali

(First Trip details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-trip-goa.html )

Would be put up at Panjim, very near to Miramar Beach.

Travelers - Me and better-half

Considering it's a drive to North Goa, which of the following routes makes most sense considering -

1) Would prefer faster routes

2) May need to break out for Lunch (last time we did this at Sankam, Belgaum). We can pack some stuff from home if bypassing Belgaum is really going to help.

Route - 1

Bangalore - Hubli Dharwad Bypass - Take left before exiting the Bypass - Alnavar (SH 34) - Khanapur (SH 93) - SH 31 to Jamboti - Chorla - Panjim

Route - 2

Bangalore - MK Hubli - Khanapur - Jamboti (SH 31 all the way from MK Hubli) - Chorla - Panjim

Route - 3

Bangalore - Belgaum - Jamboti - Chorla - Panjim

Route - 4 - Please suggest if there exists a better route to North Goa

Also, on the Chorla route, once we have paid the Entry Fee, what's the best route to reach Miramar Beach?

Appreciate your inputs on this!
Old 3rd November 2015, 20:36   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
2) May need to break out for Lunch (last time we did this at Sankam, Belgaum).
Sankam still is a good option to break. Entering and exiting Belgaum adds to your overall times.

Quote:
We can pack some stuff from home if bypassing Belgaum is really going to help.
Else, you can always break at Wildernest near Chorla (Buffet Lunch available) as per sources. If so, then you may consider the below route so that you can bypass Belgaum.
Quote:
Bangalore - Hubli Dharwad Bypass - Take left before exiting the Bypass - Alnavar (SH 34) - Khanapur (SH 93) - SH 31 to Jamboti - Chorla - Panjim
Quote:
Also, on the Chorla route, once we have paid the Entry Fee, what's the best route to reach Miramar Beach?
You will hit a place called Sanquelim. From here for Miramar, I will suggest via Old Goa which will be faster for Miramar opposed to Mapusa option.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:14   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
@iVento -where is this IOCL COCO in Rannebennur. Is it on the N4 or do we have to get into Rannebennur town?

DF

DieselFan, it's on the NH. No need to get in to the town.

There is a restaurant called Ghar Dhaba attached to it. ( I have not used it)
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:50   #3300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
DieselFan, it's on the NH. No need to get in to the town.

There is a restaurant called Ghar Dhaba attached to it. ( I have not used it)
Would not recommend Ghar Dhaba. It's simply horrible.

Was good couple of years back. Now its no more that "Ghar" synonymous to BPCL COCOs. Contract has changed hands and so has the name.

Kamat before this attached to defunct Reliance Fuel station is a better option.

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd November 2015 at 21:54.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks