Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 18:03   #3871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I would like to know if the route will be safe considering the time I will be close to Goa and is there any time restrictions on entry.

Thanks
Raj
No issues in terms of Safety on this route at all. Anmod is better in terms of wider roads as opposed to Chorla under darkness.

Just make sure you plan your breaks well. The first decent place to stop will be half a km before the Goa Entry check post (Dudhsagar Resorts and Spa) in case you need a break.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 18:09   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No issues in terms of Safety on this route at all. Anmod is better in terms of wider roads as opposed to Chorla under darkness.

Just make sure you plan your breaks well. The first decent place to stop will be half a km before the Goa Entry check post (Dudhsagar Resorts and Spa) in case you need a break.
Thanks. And there is no entry restrictions on that route with respect to time, am I correct?

And my bad, my question was for leaving from Bangalore at 12 noon and reaching goa at about 10 pm.

Last edited by raaj.bhalla : 10th July 2017 at 18:11.
Old 10th July 2017, 18:17   #3873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. And there is no entry restrictions on that route with respect to time, am I correct?
Absolutely no restrictions. Road open 24/7.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 20:02   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no restrictions. Road open 24/7.
Thanks so much. Gives me some relief.
Old 11th July 2017, 17:05   #3875
BHPian

Quote:

And my bad, my question was for leaving from Bangalore at 12 noon and reaching goa at about 10 pm.
As mentioned by Parag bhai, there is absolutely no restriction for entry. In fact the entry fee of Rs.250 is no more charged to out state vehicles (GST Effect ).
If you leave as per your scheduled time then you should easily cross Hubli before sunset (around 6 PM). There will not be much traffic till Ramanagar after Hubli. Because of empty roads many a people tend to rush but I would not recommend speeding above 80 kmph once you leave NH4. Trust me you will be far more relaxed while driving with above speed.
Happy Driving...
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 17:51   #3876
BHPian

Thanks Ertigiat. Can you suggest some places for lunch and dinner? I will leave Koramangla by 11 and drive straight to my hotel in Goa.
Old 12th July 2017, 08:46   #3877
Senior - BHPian

I too will be driving to Goa on 12th Aug and back on 15 Aug. Planning to leave around 5-5:30 AM from Whitefield.

Which is the best/fastest route to take and the best place to stop for breakfast and lunch ?

Also while returning do I take the same route and the best place to stop for lunch since will be leaving the hotel post breakfast.
Old 12th July 2017, 08:48   #3878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I too will be driving to Goa on 12th Aug and back on 15 Aug. Planning to leave around 5-5:30 AM from Whitefield.
If you can start an hour earlier that would even better. Because it will take some time for you to hit the runway to take off (I mean NH4 at Yashwantpur); thanks to traffic.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:48   #3879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post

Which is the best/fastest route to take and the best place to stop for breakfast and lunch ?

Also while returning do I take the same route and the best place to stop for lunch since will be leaving the hotel post breakfast.
Nice. Will you be in North Goa? I will be in north Goa and I stay in Whitefield (kadugodi) too. Just because of spell bee exam of my son on 12th I have to change the departure time from Bangalore else return plan is same as yours. 👍
Old 12th July 2017, 18:27   #3880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you can start an hour earlier that would even better. Because it will take some time for you to hit the runway to take off (I mean NH4 at Yashwantpur); thanks to traffic.
Thanks for tip. Will try to however it's very difficult for me to go to sleep and I ensure I get some before a long drive.

Quote:
Nice. Will you be in North Goa? I will be in north Goa and I stay in Whitefield (kadugodi) too. Just because of spell bee exam of my son on 12th I have to change the departure time from Bangalore else return plan is same as yours. 👍
I will be in South Goa, Palolem to be precise. I stay right next to Biergarten, on Graphite India Road. Maybe we can coordinate on the way back.
Old 18th July 2017, 18:04   #3881
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ertigiat. Can you suggest some places for lunch and dinner? I will leave Koramangla by 11 and drive straight to my hotel in Goa.
Hello & Apologies, I completely missed this post.

There is nice post by Parag Sir regarding eateries along NH4, (In fact we have separate thread).

Once you leave NH4 not much options are available. You can find bakeries near Ramanagar bus stand to grab some snacks. Once you descend Anmod ghat you can take stop at Doodhsagar Resort. But I would not recommend it. It will unnecessarily be waste of time.

If you are starting from Kormanagala by 11 AM you should cross Hubli by 5 PM (or even before it depending on number of breaks you take). Grab some snacks at Ramanagar at around 6.30 PM and head straight to your destination. It rains cats & dogs in Goa plus you are travelling to Goa during extended weekend which will result in heavy traffic. So earlier is better.

Happy Driving,

P.S. - Carry all necessary documents of your vehicle (Smart Card, Pollution Certificate, Insurance). You will be stopped either at Anmod check post or just before Anmod ghat begins for inspection (Long weekend = More Vehicles = More Inspection).
Old 19th July 2017, 01:07   #3882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anmod is better in terms of wider roads as opposed to Chorla under darkness.
Parag is right as usual :-).

I recommend avoiding Chorla at night. In some stretches the ghat section is sometimes really narrow 2 lanes and very unforgiving for even the slightest mistakes. There are trees all along the verge and pretty steep drop-offs.

Anmod is much more peaceful and wider.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:30   #3883
Senior - BHPian

Visiting Goa in August but planning to go via Amboli. Quick question on the route to take from Belgaum. I found the Bauxite road to be most convenient since very less circles and intersections to cross and struggle if there is any traffic during that time in Belgaum.
My question is on the feasibility of taking the Bauxite road to hit the Sawantwadi road and same road while coming back as well. Should I go ahead with this route? Any help is appreciated.
Old 26th July 2017, 18:51   #3884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I found the Bauxite road to be most convenient since very less circles and intersections to cross and struggle if there is any traffic during that time in Belgaum.
I had blindly followed what maps suggested last year on our way to Ratnagiri via Amboli. It routed me through the Khanapur Road and we had to cross just one traffic light and turn right after which road was busy but not irritating at all. In fact, this felt easier to cross than the way we cross Belgaum for Chorla. It was all over in 15 minutes.

So from NH4, you take the same exit which you take after crossing Sankam and from the service lane ahead turn left onto Khanapur road.

Here is the route.

And this is the exit that I am referring to:

Quote:
My question is on the feasibility of taking the Bauxite road to hit the Sawantwadi road and same road while coming back as well. Should I go ahead with this route? Any help is appreciated.
The road itself is easy to approach from the main highway and I had taken it once when I was driving through Tilari Ghat in 2015. However, you can still take the Khanapur route to reach Chandgarh and then beyond that to Amboli as this is not traffic prone except one signal.

Let us see what the local boy Vivek85 has to say about this.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 20:25   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I found the Bauxite road to be most convenient since very less circles and intersections to cross and struggle if there is any traffic during that time in
Bauxite road will hardly have any traffic and is easy, but the road mostly is in a bad shape. Pot holes here and there.
Where as the route Parag has mentioned is the best, there will be traffic but nothing to be worried about, this also would be the fastest route.
swapnilup is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks