Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 10:45   #5281
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
A friend will be driving to Goa from Bengaluru during this weekend. Adults are fully vaccinated. He is curious to know if he needs to arrange RT-PCR test report for his two kids. Please share recent experiences.
No need for Negative RTPCR for kids. A friend drove back on Tuesday from Bangalore.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:30   #5282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No need for Negative RTPCR for kids. A friend drove back on Tuesday from Bangalore.
I came back to my home yesterday from Bangalore and since we have not yet taken the 2nd dose,we had got the RT-PCR done for myself and wife. No RT-PCR asked for the kid. And for adults too, i dont think it is being followed too strictly. The police man just asked if we had the reports and was satisfied when we showed a couple of printouts. Neither the name nor the date of testing was verified.
Old 31st October 2021, 12:35   #5283
BHPian

I came from Goa to Bangalore a few days back. Route was cuncolim-canacona-karwar-yellapur-Gabbur toll plaza- then on to NH4 to Banglalore.
I decided against the Mungod route as the kids were attending online classes and I was hoping for a wee bit better connectivity on the yellapur-gabbur route even though it was ~45km more.
At the Karwar border, initially the cop asked me to alight to 'register' the vehicle, then had a change of heart and asked me to pass. (Likely since he heard me speaking in the same language as him .. :-)
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:23   #5284
BHPian

Did a pre-Deepavali trip to South Goa.

Started from Bangalore on 27Oct in the afternoon with target to reach Hubli for a night stay. On the way got into Davangere for savoring some Benne Dosa, Mirchi Mandakki. Start Time - 2:00 PM and reached Davangere at 6:00 PM. After spending 1.5 hours in Davangere continued to Hubli and arrived at 9:20 PM.

On 28Oct drove from Hubli to Betalbatim. Started at 10:30 (post-breakfast) and took Alnavar - Ramnagar - Tinai - Anmod route. Arrived at around
As covered by other BHPians this route is smooth and 2:10 in Betalbatim. Route is good with smooth tarmac and the diversion Tinai - Anmod mentioned earlier is effective. Did see a lot many cars taking this route.

For the Return leg yesterday (01-Nov) the plan was to drive till Udupi and then take Charmadi. Just to make it a even more relaxed drive ended up taking this route: Betalbatim - Karwar - Ankola - Kundapura - Mangalore - Bisle Ghat - C R Patna - Bangalore. Started at 6:15 AM (01-Nov) and arrived home at 1:15 AM on (02-Nov).

Overall roads on NH66 are good with a few diversions. Driving through Bisle Ghat after sunset was an experience in itself as there were no other cars taking that route apart from a few heading in the direction of Mangalore. Roads between Kudrasthe - Shanivarasanthe - Arkalgud are a bit patchy.

It was a well deserved long break in South Goa (first time for me) and a great drive.
alokgunhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:31   #5285
BHPian

Got back to Bangalore last night from Goa after a 3 day trip.

We started on 29 Morning at 5 AM and took the usual route of Tumkur - Chitradurga - Davangere - Haveri - Hubli - alnavar - ramnagar - Anumod - Mollem - Agonda

The routes are good throughout with by pass at Chitradurga now open. There were few diversions around davanagere but nothing to hold you up.

At goa border they asked for vaccination certificate and they only do a cursory glance and let you pass. we reached our destination by 4.30PM

On the return journey we started at around 10:30AM yesterday morning and took the Karwar - Yellapur - Mundagod - Bankapur - NH4 route.

The road till Karwar is good but with construction still going on for 4 lane work, the road width keeps changing. No vaccination checks were done at the border, only check was for alcohol

Post karwar the roads till Yellapur are just OK. single lane road which has lost the surface tar at several places. From Yellapur to Mundagod the road becomes a narrow single lane and overtaking is a challenge, so is letting the vehicle from opposite end pass. Both sides of this road are out of shape due to rains and trucks.

But once you reach NH4 after bankapur its smooth sailing back to bangalore. we were home by 9 PM
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:14   #5286
BHPian

Hello all,

We are travelling to Goa (Hilton, Apora-Baga) on 4-Nov-2021. Looking for suggestion about the road condition via Dharwad-Ramnagar-Tinai Ghat or Davangere-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-South Goa.

Also do we need to carry RTPCR report for my 15 and 9 year old daughters.

Looking for suggestion as I have limited time, last minute plans!!!!
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:27   #5287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Looking for suggestion about the road condition via Dharwad-Ramnagar-Tinai Ghat or Davangere-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-South Goa.
The previous post by ant_vas has all the details you requested and the previous page has details on Tinai section as well. No RTPCR needed for kids. Take the Ramnagar - Tinai route and have a safe drive.
procrj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 22:31   #5288

Bengaluru to Karwar/South Goa and return route information

Bengaluru to South Goa and return route information

This route information is based on recent travel performed on 1st November 2021 and 4th November 2021.

Bengaluru to Karwar/South Goa Route
1. Bengalure -> Tumakuru -> Chitradurga -> Ranebennur -> Haveri -> Bankapura Toll Gate
This entire travel is on is NH48. No need to worry about road condition at all.
Based on traffic and car capacity, you can travel at any speed between 90-120KMPH.

2. After Bankapura toll gate take left to enter Bankapura -> Travel on SH-6 -> Mundgod -> Yellapur
Note: Based on car fuel tank capacity, you can refuel at Bharat Petroleum pump just after the tool gate.
This travel on SH-6 requires certain amount of patience. Route passes through small villages. Being state highway, it is single lane. Road between Mundgod and Yellapur takes you through woody area. Lets not call this as national park. You need to drive the vehicle at a speeds of 40-80KMPH.
Be informed about speed breakers and few patches of bad road.

3. From Yellapur -> Travel on NH-52 -> Join on NH-66 towards Karwar/Goa.
Note: Google map shows certain loop at the place where NH-52 joins NH-66. There is no loop present. It seems the data is not yet updated after completion of work. You only need to take right towards Karwar/Goa below the over bridge. Drive on NH-66. You shall reach Goa safely.

Karwar/South Goa to Bengaluru Route
For return journey, you can travel on the same route in opposite direction.
Note: Yellapur to Bankapura Toll Gate journey would be on SH-6. Be informed about the road condition and need of slow driving.

If you want to visit Jog Falls on return journey, then follow the below given route.
Karwar/South Goa to Jog Falls to Bengaluru Route
1. From Karwar/South Goa -> Honnavar
Note: This journey is on NH-66. No issue with road quality. Be informed about ongoing road work. Few diversions reduces the speed.

2. Honnavar -> Jog Falls View Point -> Sagara -> Shivamogga -> Channagiri -> Chitradurga -> Travel on NH-48 -> Bengaluru
Note: For Jog Falls ViewPoint, select the one which is part of Jog Circuit House/British Bungalow. For the other popular Jog Falls viewpoint, you need to travel around 3 kilometers away from the main road.
From Shivamogga do not travel towards Bhadravathi. It adds to travel distance as well as journey time. Road between Shivamogga and Channagiri is not as good as any national highway. As well as it is not as bad as SH-6 mentioned above.
Important update: Vendor at the gate informed that due to certain development project, Jog Falls would be closed for visitors from next month. From December 2021 onwards, please visit Jog Falls before confirming with local authorities.
Old 6th November 2021, 10:43   #5289

We are traveling to Goa from Bengaluru (Royal Orchid Utorda beach) next week and we are thinking of taking the suggested route in this thread via

Tumkur -> Chitradurga -> Davanagare -> Hubli -> Dharwad -> Alnavar -> Ramnagar -> Tinai ghat (right diversion) -> Anmod -> Mollem -> Borim -> Utorda

We will leave Bengaluru early morning at 4 AM and want to stop for breakfast at around 8 PM. What are some good breakfast options 3-4 hours from Bengaluru on this route?
Old 6th November 2021, 20:05   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
We will leave Bengaluru early morning at 4 AM and want to stop for breakfast at around 8 PM. What are some good breakfast options 3-4 hours from Bengaluru on this route?
Try Apoorva Resorts just before Davangere (on the left). Sambar was not great but they have good dosas.

Apoorva Resorts
070229 17333
https://maps.app.goo.gl/htPkcSTv7HiPMx2o7
Old 6th November 2021, 21:33   #5291
BHPian

Quote:
.. want to stop for breakfast ...
One of the most popular & clean places on the way is just before Chitradurga (about 2.5-3 hours from BLR) - Upadhya Veg and it is marked on google maps.

This is my choice of the places to stop for food on this stretch between BLR & Hubli.
Old 7th November 2021, 12:06   #5292

Returned from South Goa yesterday. We went via Davangere-Dharwad-Ramanagar Tinai- Anmod-Goa. The eatery called Nirmala Veg/Nonveg doesnt exist as shown in Google Maps. However the point of the detour via Tinai is about 10 or 11 kms after the Ramanagar intersection.
RTPCR tests reports were accepted at the Goa border.
We did the return via Karwar-Ankola-Yellapur-Kalghatgi-Tadas-NH48.
The stretch between Ankola and Yellapur is in bad shape, only some stretches are good. Kalghatgi to Tadas has bad sections.
My opinion is the Dharwad Anmod route is the best currently.
rmendonz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 15:02   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are traveling to Goa from Bengaluru

If you all love Benne Dosas, it’ll be a small detour into Davanagere.

‘Guru Kottureshwara’ is a popular one. It’ll be a sumptuous breakfast.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 19:00   #5294
BHPian

As a regular on this route , I would recommend taking a pit stop at Shweta lunch home Karwar if anyone here is taking the Karwar Route to Goa( my personal preference over the Anmod route, as I find anmod route a bit secluded in terms of eateries). Apart from the famous Amrut hotel , Shweta lunch home serves some amazing sea food.

Just thought of adding it here for the foodie Bhpians.
Old 7th November 2021, 19:31   #5295
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
If you all love Benne Dosas, it’ll be a small detour into Davanagere.

‘Guru Kottureshwara’ is a popular one. It’ll be a sumptuous breakfast.
Guru Kottureshwara has gone downhill in quality and I wouldn’t recommend at all,

Two of the better places I would recommend are Nammura Dose in PJ Extension and Sagar Benne Dosa Hotel on Hadadi Road
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed