Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 09:15   #1351
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hi Guys,

I am planning to do Bangalore - Goa (south Goa) this month. I would appreciate if someone can let me know the detailed best route (with total distance) since i am driving for the first time from bangalore to Goa. Considering that i have an underpowered car like Wagon R is it advisable to do a non-stop drive? if no, which place i can stop for overnight and continue my drive the next day from there on? I will be traveling with my family.

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
it is easily possible to do bangalore south goa in 12-13 max in any car.
route NH4/NH63/NH17 .
the earlier you leave the better .

Refer for JLN,deepak's post a few pages back.
Old 10th March 2011, 09:20   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hi Guys,

I am planning to do Bangalore - Goa (south Goa) this month. I would appreciate if someone can let me know the detailed best route (with total distance) since i am driving for the first time from bangalore to Goa. Considering that i have an underpowered car like Wagon R is it advisable to do a non-stop drive? if no, which place i can stop for overnight and continue my drive the next day from there on? I will be traveling with my family.

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
Bangalore > NH4 > hubli Bypass about 400 km will take you 7-8 hours. After you get into hubli bypass after 2-3 km there is a road to the left for Ankola / Karwar. take this NH 203 (I think) and drive approx 150 km and you will reach NH 17. turn left at theis junction and another 40 - 50 km will see you in South Goa. It is highly doable in a day. and esp with family there arte not too many decent places to stay enroute.
Also IMO the wagon R is not underpowered, I've been overtaken by one travelling at a steady 130 kmph on NH4
Old 10th March 2011, 09:53   #1353
BHPian

Last year on my return trip I came back to Bangalore via Tilari ghat-Belgaum route, if I want to go via Belgaum(want to avoid NH 17 as much as possible), is Tilari the only route available or some one has a better idea?
Old 10th March 2011, 11:12   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Last year on my return trip I came back to Bangalore via Tilari ghat-Belgaum route, if I want to go via Belgaum(want to avoid NH 17 as much as possible), is Tilari the only route available or some one has a better idea?
Take the NH4A Ponda-Mollem-Londa-Anmod-Khanapur-Belgaum.Except for maybe a 5km stretch the rest of the road has been in good shape for quite some time now.
Old 10th March 2011, 11:24   #1355
BHPian

Just got back from a trip to Goa guys. The Neelmangala toll has been done up so it saves a lot of time while heading out of Bangalore. Also, Try and cross Hubli Early in the morning or late in the afternoon, else you would be stuck in a huge pile up of Trucks which is there usually before Karwar. This costed me about 4-5 hours on a hot afternoon. The reason was that all the Lorries were not allowed to enter the route so were blocked. When you have 2 trucks standing next to each other on a narrow road, there is no way to get across. Though some relief came in a while when the cops tried to re organize the trucks, but i had already lost more than 4 hours.
Hope this helps.
Old 10th March 2011, 11:26   #1356
Team-BHP Support

Did this happen on the NH63 crossing at Hubli?
Where was this exactly?
Old 10th March 2011, 11:46   #1357
BANNED

I came back yesterday along the Khanapur - Kittur route.

The heat on the plains is killing - especially the Haveri - Davangere route.

I didn't have any truck issues on the Hubli bypass.

The issues as seen by mail.jaswal could be due to the haughty and corrupt ministers of this state.

The low lifes are making their way for the Kannada Summit and their entourage was driving on NH4 as if they own the road. Flashing headlights and asking for way on the wrong side of the road. It was very irritating.

I guess one of the scum asked for the road to be blocked of all truck movement so that they can make their way on an empty stretch of National Highway.
Old 10th March 2011, 18:00   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The low lifes are making their way for the Kannada Summit
I absolutely loved the reference to "low lifes" lovely!! Thats what they are to be precise
Old 11th March 2011, 15:13   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Ramnagar - Alnavar - Dharwad

Probably I am being too optimistic here but any improvements on the Ramnagar - Alnavar - Dharwad stretch?
Old 11th March 2011, 15:20   #1360
BANNED

Re: Ramnagar - Alnavar - Dharwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Probably I am being too optimistic here but any improvements on the Ramnagar - Alnavar - Dharwad stretch?
YES!!! SURPRISINGLY.... after a decade.

I saw some road building machinery being carried towards that road while passing from Londa. I stopped and inquired and wonder of wonders one of the guys said they are going in for that road. I assume its presently only a repair that is going to happen and then they let the monsoons make merry on that road. Hopefully after the monsoons we see more work happening.

Rest assured I am tracking this as much as I can. If they sort it out its the shortest route home(Goa) for me coming from Bangalore.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:23   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YES!!! SURPRISINGLY.... after a decade.

I saw some road building machinery being carried towards that road while passing from Londa. I stopped and inquired and wonder of wonders one of the guys said they are going in for that road. I assume its presently only a repair that is going to happen and then they let the monsoons make merry on that road. Hopefully after the monsoons we see more work happening.

Rest assured I am tracking this as much as I can. If they sort it out its the shortest route home(Goa) for me coming from Bangalore.
They have started 4-laning from Dharwad to Anmod (and KA border). I guess you are going to see bad roads till that work is completed (maybe 1-2 years).
Old 11th March 2011, 15:41   #1362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
They have started 4-laning from Dharwad to Anmod (and KA border). I guess you are going to see bad roads till that work is completed (maybe 1-2 years).
Wow! 4L via Alnavar/Ramnagar would be ideal and also by-pass Kittur.
So does that mean, the SH becomes 4L or is it some other route we are talking about?

EDIT : I saw Spitfire's post and that is my doubt too. They may do a 4L of NH4A, but SH via Alnavar?

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2011 at 15:45.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:42   #1363
BANNED

Quote:
They have started 4-laning from Dharwad to Anmod (and KA border).
Dharwad to Anmod? You mean they are four laning SH34?

I am talking about SH34 that I witnessed was getting repaired.

The four laning is from Belgaum to Goa Border and into Goa. That is NH4A only. SH64 touches NH4A only at Ramnagar or the Londa circle and then on to Anmod.

NH4A originates in Belgaum and ends in Panaji.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:51   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dharwad to Anmod? You mean they are four laning SH34?

I am talking about SH34 that I witnessed was getting repaired.

The four laning is from Belgaum to Goa Border and into Goa. That is NH4A only. SH64 touches NH4A only at Ramnagar or the Londa circle and then on to Anmod.

NH4A originates in Belgaum and ends in Panaji.
Here is the news report:
Work on Dharwad-Goa Road begins finally - Times Of India
Old 11th March 2011, 16:03   #1365
BANNED

Quote:

That's exactly what I saw. Its a double road not a 4 lane road. They are repairing the stretch now and the 2 laning will start after the monsoons.

So from Dharwad to Alnawar-Ramnagar will be a 2 lane, toll road. and then from the Ramnagar-Londa Junction right up till Anmod - Goa border will be 4 lane-d one.

And with the work going on at the railway crossings around Haveri/Rannebennur expect atleat 90 mins savings on the road while travelling between Goa and Bangalore from the time taken now.

8 hours is what I am hoping it would eventually come down too (driving sanely that is).

Awesome, home gets closer.

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th March 2011 at 16:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks