Old 11th January 2012, 22:01   #1711
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

here check this post has all the links

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1185985
Old 19th January 2012, 14:17   #1712
BHPian

We finally managed to book a place in Goa for 26th to 30th this month. Looks like this is a peak season and everyone is heading to Goa for the long weekend.

Now I need some suggestions on food options on the way to Goa from Bangalore.

We plan to start from Bangalore at about 5 in the morning on 26th. Where can we stop for breakfast and lunch on the way? Any suggestions?
Old 19th January 2012, 14:41   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
We finally managed to book a place in Goa for 26th to 30th this month. Looks like this is a peak season and everyone is heading to Goa for the long weekend.

We plan to start from Bangalore at about 5 in the morning on 26th. Where can we stop for breakfast and lunch on the way? Any suggestions?
Have breakfast - excellent Benne dose - at Davanagere in Kottureshwara opposite BDT Dental college. If you leave at 5, you will recah Davangere by 8.15 AM.

Take a look at my TL - Page 1 - here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-pradesh.html

You can have lunch in Abhiruchi or Amrut in Karwar. If you feel it is early, then have lunch in Kamat in Madgaon which is on the highway if you are going to North Goa.

Last edited by Fauji : 19th January 2012 at 14:42.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:04   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Have breakfast - excellent Benne dose - at Davanagere in Kottureshwara opposite BDT Dental college. If you leave at 5, you will recah Davangere by 8.15 AM.

Take a look at my TL - Page 1 - here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-pradesh.html

You can have lunch in Abhiruchi or Amrut in Karwar. If you feel it is early, then have lunch in Kamat in Madgaon which is on the highway if you are going to North Goa.
Hotel Mardol at Verna is also a good option for Goan traditional food.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:36   #1715
BHPian

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Regarding the route, are there any bypass roads to watch out for? Do we need to go through the Hubli town or is there a bypass?
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:04   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointers guys.

Regarding the route, are there any bypass roads to watch out for? Do we need to go through the Hubli town or is there a bypass?
I went through the city of Hubli. It does not take a long time to cross may be 15-20 mins.

You can try Hotel Anant Executive for food or stay. I stayed there for the night and found it to be a very nice place
Old 24th January 2012, 11:17   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
I had posted a query on the route from Chennai - Goa a few days back and got this route as the best one based on the answers:

Chennai-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Electronics City-Tumkur-Hubli-Ankola-Karwar-Panjim
My question is - I am going to be put up at Cavelossim, Goa 403761.

Where is this place located? and do I still stick to the above mentioned route to get to this place? Or any diversions to be taken en route? Apologies if the question sounds silly but any help is appreciated. Thanks a ton!!!
Old 24th January 2012, 11:29   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi All,
I had posted a query on the route from Chennai - Goa a few days back and got this route as the best one based on the answers:

Chennai-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Electronics City-Tumkur-Hubli-Ankola-Karwar-Panjim

Where is this place located? and do I still stick to the above mentioned route to get to this place? Or any diversions to be taken en route? Apologies if the question sounds silly but any help is appreciated. Thanks a ton!!!
I have not been to this beach but you got to stick to present route till you reach Cuncolim. Ask the people there and they should be able to guide you. There is a road going to Cavelossim around 10kms after Cuncolim.

Last edited by akshay380 : 24th January 2012 at 11:33.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 11:38   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi All,

The route suggested is the best. Look at my earlier post in this thread we did during Newyear eve. Road conditions are excellent. Cavallosim is in South Goa. After Karwar, you will get Cancona. Continue on this stretch and look Cuncolim junction which is prominent and ask people for directions to Cavellosim where many resorts are located.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 12:36   #1720
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Gandhi,

We have the same plan for Goa trip.Leave Blr on 26th Morning and back on 30th and will be taking the route of Blr-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-North Goa. I will be driving a Red Grande Punto and also have Team BHP sticker of " Live to drive " at the back. It would be so much fun if we fellow Tbhpian bump into each other en route.So what would you be driving for me to look out and spot you ?

Regards,

Harish
Old 24th January 2012, 12:39   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Hi Gandhi,

We have the same plan for Goa trip.Leave Blr on 26th Morning and back on 30th and will be taking the route of Blr-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-North Goa. I will be driving a Red Grande Punto and also have Team BHP sticker of " Live to drive " at the back. It would be so much fun if we fellow Tbhpian bump into each other en route.So what would you be driving for me to look out and spot you ?

Regards,

Harish
I would be in Goa as well though I am leaving 26th night Do acknowledge if you see a Silver Figo GAXX6544 anywhere in Goa.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:45   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I would be in Goa as well though I am leaving 26th night Do acknowledge if you see a Silver Figo GAXX6544 anywhere in Goa.
Hi Akshay,

Sure will acknowledge .Please do the same if you spot me or my Red Punto (KA 51 XX 5452 )

Happy Vacation !!

Cheers,

HarryB
HarryB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 13:16   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Hi Gandhi,

Regards,

Harish
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
This is great guys. We have two cars, my black Ritz ZXi and a friend's chocolate Ritz ZXi. My Ritzy has the "driven by team-bhp.com" sticker at the back.

Hope to bump into you guys sometime.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 08:45   #1724
BHPian

Just back from the Goa Trip. Started early morning on Jan 26. Reached back yesterday afternoon. Trip covered Goa (Madgaon/Ponda) and Kumta.

Route taken to Goa (based on everyone's recommendation) was BLR - Hubli - Ankola - Karwar - Madgaon. Lovely drive. Could cruise at 110kmph on NH4 and almost between 90-100kmph from Hubli to Ankola. Driving in Goa was very taxing since roads were super narrow (though in great condition). Could manage 70-80kmph there since it was an afternoon time on a national holiday.

Return Trip (from Kumta) was great as well. Route taken was Kumta - Sirsi - Haveri - Tumkur - BLR. Was very skeptical about the initial part of the trip, since i was driving early morning before daylight and through ghats. Thankfully roads were in good condition for most parts and once the ghats were done, could cruise around 90-100kmph for a major part of the remaining roads. Had to stop at a few places for directions (since road signs, if any, were in kannada which I cannot read).

A trip log is provided. Thanks to all for your feedback and valuable inputs that helped me plan this trip.
Attached Images

sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 11:20   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Just back from the Goa Trip. Started early morning on Jan 26. Reached back yesterday afternoon. Trip covered Goa (Madgaon/Ponda) and Kumta.

A trip log is provided. Thanks to all for your feedback and valuable inputs that helped me plan this trip.
Thanks for the details. glad you had a smooth journey
Your trip logs are very useful in estimating and planing things.

I too had plans of travel(i had PM'd you before), but had some other work in my native so had to post pone my journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks