Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 17:51   #2716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I will be going to Colva, South Goa. I am looking for the complete route map from Bangalore.
Here you go, dass. The route through Karwar...but since you are going to Colva, you can also alter the route slightly from Hubli bypass to go vial Mollem - Ponda - Old Goa as well. Hope I have not confused you further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here you go guys:
Road up to Mapusa via Belgaum/Chorla
Thanks ampere. So it seems that the Sankam Hotel turn is the preferred one? Will take that one then.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-1410956290233.jpg  

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 17th September 2014 at 18:08.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:56   #2717
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Thanks ampere. So it seems that the Sankam Hotel turn is the preferred one? Will take that one then.
It is preferred. But I think you will hit that hotel much earlier for lunch.

4AM start from Bangalore.
8AM: Ranebennur Kamat. Start by 8:30
10 AM Hubli
11:30 : Belgaum.

Basically if you follow the timings, you would end up at the hotel much earlier.
If you start later, then yes, by all means Sankam it is !
Old 17th September 2014, 18:04   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Basically if you follow the timings, you would end up at the hotel much earlier. If you start later, then yes, by all means Sankam it is !
I am planning on a 6-00 am start from Electronic City, so I think I'll be there around 2 pm. I am comfortable till Hubli Dharwar bypass having taken this route multiple times in my earlier visits. My only concern is losing too much time inside Belgaum city. So, if I avoid Sankam Hotel for lunch, is there any other faster route through the city? Or is it the best one in any case?
Old 17th September 2014, 18:14   #2719
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planning on a 6-00 am start from Electronic City, so I think I'll be there around 2 pm. I am comfortable till Hubli Dharwar bypass having taken this route multiple times in my earlier visits. My only concern is losing too much time inside Belgaum city. So, if I avoid Sankam Hotel for lunch, is there any other faster route through the city? Or is it the best one in any case?
No there is no bypass for Belgaum to get to Chorla. Thats the only issue. But I hope it should not be that big a problem. Provide, you just know where to take the exits.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:43   #2720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go, dass. The route through Karwar...but since you are going to Colva, you can also alter the route slightly from Hubli bypass to go vial Mollem - Ponda - Old Goa as well. Hope I have not confused you further.
The more I read, the more I am getting confused, if I have to come to Karwar and then head to Goa, how is the road through Shimoga-Sagara? The distance isn't much but I know this is a two lane road and the time taken would increase, but are the roads good? I know the roads till Shimoga are pretty decent, I need suggestions on the road beyond that.
Old 18th September 2014, 00:46   #2721
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The more I read, the more I am getting confused, if I have to come to Karwar and then head to Goa, how is the road through Shimoga-Sagara? The distance isn't much but I know this is a two lane road and the time taken would increase, but are the roads good? I know the roads till Shimoga are pretty decent, I need suggestions on the road beyond that.
I did not realise you were heading to Colva (South Goa). Then surely Hubli/Yellapur/Ankola/Karwar is a better option than Belgaum/Chorla. If you need a fast travel time stick to 4-lane to Hubli and then NH63 to Ankola bypass and then the NH17 to Colva. That sthe best option. BF at Ranebennur Kamat (8AM with a 4 AM start), lunch at Ankola Kamat at 1PM.
Old 18th September 2014, 09:00   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Took Ramnagar-Londa-Panaji-North Goa on Friday and back on Sunday via Chorla Ghat.
Till Ramnagar, roads are too good. Dharwad to Ramnagar is a toll road and have proper pedestrian road humps and excellent condition. From Ramnagar till Mollem, the ghat section, roads are bad.
Any day would suggest Chorla ghat, excellent all the way till Belgaum.
Can you please elaborate how BAD? Potholes, narrow road, traffic? I'm planning to take this road next week.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:32   #2723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That sthe best option. BF at Ranebennur Kamat (8AM with a 4 AM start), lunch at Ankola Kamat at 1PM.
Thanks Ampere, I will stick to the 4 lane road. However, 4am is a little difficult considering I have a small kid along. We plan to leave by 6am, would it make a substantial difference?

Also, I will be heading to Mumbai from Goa, what is the best route for that stretch?
Old 18th September 2014, 11:46   #2724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere, I will stick to the 4 lane road. However, 4am is a little difficult considering I have a small kid along. We plan to leave by 6am, would it make a substantial difference?
No issues. The earlier starts works better. Because you can start when the kid is asleep and cover a longer distance. Only thing in this case, you may have to break-up earlier.

Basically a 4AM start, synchronises your food breaks very well with hotels on the way.
Old 18th September 2014, 12:10   #2725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues. The earlier starts works better. Because you can start when the kid is asleep and cover a longer distance. Only thing in this case, you may have to break-up earlier.

Basically a 4AM start, synchronises your food breaks very well with hotels on the way.
Would this be the route then? Or should I go till Hubli and then turn off towards Yellapura?

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Do...5044!3e0?hl=en
Old 18th September 2014, 12:56   #2726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also, I will be heading to Mumbai from Goa, what is the best route for that stretch?
Take route via Chorla to Belgaum and there on to Mumbai.

Quote:
Would this be the route then? Or should I go till Hubli and then turn off towards Yellapura?
Go all the way till Hubli. Thats much much faster. See my post #2715
Old 18th September 2014, 14:27   #2727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
Can you please elaborate how BAD? Potholes, narrow road, traffic? I'm planning to take this road next week.
you can maintain only 20-30 speed. Some potholes were very big and swallowed my whole swift
I would strongly suggest the Chorla ghat route.

This http://goo.gl/maps/1OlJu stretch is the one which is bad. After this, it is super fun to drive.
Old 18th September 2014, 15:06   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
you can maintain only 20-30 speed. Some potholes were very big and swallowed my whole swift
I would strongly suggest the Chorla ghat route.

This http://goo.gl/maps/1OlJu stretch is the one which is bad. After this, it is super fun to drive.
Cool, for the description of the pot hole sizes !

I will go via the Chorla Ghat route. Thank you!
Old 19th September 2014, 14:00   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go guys:
Road up to Mapusa via Belgaum/Chorla
=============
Rest of the points are self-explanatory.
hey ampere, thanks for the above. I have always taken the hubli-yellapur route. But plan to take the chorla ghat route this time round. Plan to leave at 12 AM and freshen up at Sankam with breakfast as you suggest by 8 AM and there after onto goa. Will have the whole day then at goa ;-). Thanks again.
regds
gaurav
anarkanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 17:00   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Take route via Chorla to Belgaum and there on to Mumbai.

Go all the way till Hubli. Thats much much faster. See my post #2715
Hi Ampere,
Quoting just to get your attention here, you replied to me in another thread. Thanks so much for that. I have altered my plans a bit, planning to go to Goa first and then to Pune. this is my plan below. Need help on two routes.
Will be driving from Blr to Hubli, planning stay at Hubli for the night. Cannot start too early from Blr home, has never been possible ;-) . I have a Punto petrol to drive. Will be driving with wife & kid 4.5 yr old.
Want to go to goa (south), which is the best route. And then later will head towards pune from south goa, which again is the best route.

26-Sep-14 Blr to Hubli Hubli Clarks Inn, any other hotel?
27-Sep-14 Hubli - Goa Goa Planning to take SH63 to South Goa, how much more time will it take? Or should I take belgaum - chorla?
28-Sep-14 Goa
29-Sep-14 Goa
30-Sep-14 Goa - Pune Which route is the best from south Goa?
1-Oct-14 Pune Local
2-Oct-14 Pune Shirdi May skip driving, take a tour or a cab
3-Oct-14 Pune Lonavala
4-Oct-14 Pune - Hubli Hubli Clarks Inn, any other hotel?
5-Oct-14 Hubli - BLR Return

Thanks
Regards
Samsan02

Last edited by samsan02 : 21st September 2014 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks