Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 00:16   #2896
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Guys, need some urgent tips regarding this route. Was planning to take the Chorla route from Bangalore on the 28th to reach Goa on the same day. However, now I find that my work in Bangalore will be over one day in advance than what I had anticipated. So, instead of spending the day in the city, I plan to move ahead. Now, my query is - how do I utilize this day? Is there some midway interesting place that I can have a go & see and stay the night somewhere in the middle of the route to start again for Goa the next morning to reach Goa around noon.

Hope I am making some sense here. Asking the regulars here for urgent help as I don't have much time in my hand to research and plan a different route all over again.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 25th December 2014 at 00:31.
Old 25th December 2014, 13:27   #2897
BHPian

Folks heading to Goa this weekend. When i visited last month took the Molem route and road was in bad shape literally with huge craters before entering Goa on the Karnataka side and took a very long time. This time i am wanting to taking a different route.

Tumkur - NH4 - Bankapur - Mundgod - Yellapur - Karwar - Colva

As i would be doing night driving. Wanted to check if the roads are good from Banakpur to Yellapur via Mundgod .
As i would be starting around 11 PM in the night and want to reach Goa by 9 AM. So i should hit Bankapur around 4:30 to 5 AM as it is just 368 kms from my place.I would be driving my Vista this time.

Any inputs on the road condition and route would be welcome. I would take the same route for return also on 2nd.

Last edited by Dushie : 25th December 2014 at 13:30.
Old 25th December 2014, 13:30   #2898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
It does not save much time even during day drives. For night, I would not even recommend it. Stick to the regular Hubli-Ankola NH63. Its much better that way.
Old 25th December 2014, 14:16   #2899
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post

The road from yellapur to bankapura though in very good shape (guess recently relaid), the biggest problem is the width of the road, it is one of the narrowest roads I have seen till date, a strict no for night driving. Strictly avoid for night drives
Old 25th December 2014, 16:21   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Is there some midway interesting place that I can have a go & see and stay the night somewhere in the middle of the route to start again for Goa the next morning to reach Goa around noon.....
In line with the above query, I have made some changes to my plans and have booked the Kali Wilderness Resort, Dandeli for the onward journey stop over. I plan to take the Jeep Safari and then next day around 11 am move onto Goa. Now, my queries are as under -

1) Gmaps show the route from Dandeli to Goa as Dandeli - Gharli - Molem - Ponda - Panaji. Is this the correct route to take?

2) While going from Bangalore, will be leaving from Bellandur on Sunday morning at 8-00 am. Should I take the outer ring road to Neelamangla and NH 4 as recommended in Gmap or should I come back all the way and take the NICE road. I don't want to lose time inside the city and want to save the time. So, which route would be better considering a Sunday morning?
Old 25th December 2014, 16:49   #2901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2) While going from Bangalore, will be leaving from Bellandur on Sunday morning at 8-00 am. Should I take the outer ring road to Neelamangla and NH 4 as recommended in Gmap or should I come back all the way and take the NICE road. I don't want to lose time inside the city and want to save the time. So, which route would be better considering a Sunday morning?
Even for Dandle, I would suggest 8AM would be late. Because you would take 6-7 hours easily to reach. And by the title you settle in your resort it would late. You dont get anytime the. Good thing would be to stick to an early start so that you get some time in the evening or late noon to go around.
Old 25th December 2014, 17:39   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even for Dandle, I would suggest 8AM would be late. Because you would take 6-7 hours easily to reach. And by the title you settle in your resort it would late. You dont get anytime the. Good thing would be to stick to an early start so that you get some time in the evening or late noon to go around.
Well, due to some issues I'll not be able to leave earlier than 8 am. But what I have calculated is that if I take 7 hours to reach Dandli, I should be there by 3 pm just in time for the 4pm safari. Then I can leave by 11am next morning for Goa.

Any tips for navigating Bangalore? Should I take the ORR or NICE road from Bellandur to save time? Gmap shows NICE Road to be additional 30 kms.
Old 25th December 2014, 18:11   #2903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any tips for navigating Bangalore? Should I take the ORR or NICE road from Bellandur to save time? Gmap shows NICE Road to be additional 30 kms.
I think just go though the city. The traffic would at least flow through instead being stagnant. You should easily get through.
Old 25th December 2014, 19:56   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think just go though the city. The traffic would at least flow through instead being stagnant. You should easily get through.
Can you please help me through the city route that would be short and most convenient on a Sunday morning? Gmap shows the ORR route by default. So I am kind of confused. Want the way points to exit the city in the shortest and quickest possible way from Bellandur.
Old 25th December 2014, 23:37   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please help me through the city route that would be short and most convenient on a Sunday morning? Gmap shows the ORR route by default. So I am kind of confused. Want the way points to exit the city in the shortest and quickest possible way from Bellandur.
Bellandur-Koramangala-St Johns-Forum-St.Josephs Signal-Right Turn-Residency Road-Left Turn onto Residency Cross Road-Left turn on MG Road-Queens Road-Chinnaswamy Stadium-Raj bhavan-High Grounds Police Station-Golf Course-Windsor Manor-Sankey Road-IISc-NH4-Yeshwantpur-onwards to Hubli.

https://goo.gl/maps/H4upG
Old 25th December 2014, 23:58   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Bellandur-Koramangala-St Johns-Forum-St.Josephs Signal-Right Turn-Residency Road-Left Turn onto Residency Cross Road-Left turn on MG Road-Queens Road-Chinnaswamy Stadium-Raj bhavan-High Grounds Police Station-Golf Course-Windsor Manor-Sankey Road-IISc-NH4-Yeshwantpur-onwards to Hubli.
Thanks, ranjitp1. Then you too suggest that I cut right through the city and not take the ORR that Gmap suggests? I'll then take this route only. Just hope that I don't get stuck any where and lose time.
Old 26th December 2014, 00:32   #2907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just realised you location says Guwahati. I thought you were basically from the city. I think Google also presents a good route. That is suggesting you to go straight via ORR (Since you mention, you intend to start from Belandur). It directly ends at the point from where the elevated NH4 starts. Thats also good option. (Besides what Ranjit suggested).
Old 26th December 2014, 01:14   #2908
BHPian

Since you are going from Bellandur, it is better to take the ORR. Going via Marthahalli and KR Puram as GMaps suggests is best I feel. Going through the city is too much of a hassle when a direct, almost signal free route is available. The only place to worry on this route is the railway crossing just before entering NH4 at that end of the ORR with a flyover construction going on.
Old 26th December 2014, 08:35   #2909
BHPian

Thanks, ampere, sswaroop. Then I'll take the default gmap route via ORR. I think it'd be easier for me to follow that as well, since I'm not too familiar with the inside city routes.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 26th December 2014 at 08:36.
Old 26th December 2014, 10:25   #2910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, ampere, sswaroop. Then I'll take the default gmap route via ORR.
Though you are starting on a sunday morning, I would suggest you take NICE road to save time. I too stay near Bellandur and after trying all three options (through town, ORR & NICE road) I find taking NICE road the stress free and faster option to hit NH 4.

Most Viewed