Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 10:13   #3061
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
The road condition is the best I have exp so far since 2011 including the srtech between Ramnagar to Mollem (~25 kms) where in all pot holes have been filled and hence is at worst patchy but no issues what so ever.

Though the popular view here is to Hubli Karwar route to reach south Goa, this is the shortest from Bangalore (except for canacona/palolem)its is just 599 kms from my home on hennur main road till Park Hyatt in cansualim.

Subbu
Just back from Goa trip and I have been visiting Goa for over 7yrs now, my regular route was Hubli Yellapur-Karwar-Goa, but this is the first time in 7yrs I tried this route, trust me, its nice, short, enjoyable scenery and lovely roads all the way (I drive scorpio ) From Banaswadi to Candolim, it took 9hrs both ways, with a lunch, tea & smoke breaks.
Old 29th May 2015, 20:48   #3062
D4D
BHPian

Did BLR-Goa-BLR from 24-May to 29-May.

Used Dhwarwad-Alnawar-Ramnagar-Mollem-Ponda-Varca both ways.

There are certain patched parts, but completely doable. You don't really need to worry in a sedan with low GC.

Onward journey:
  • Broken at Hubli-426 km including breaks
  • Hubli to Varca-177 km on 4 hours including breaks

Return journey took us 11 hours including breaks.
Total reading: 1264.7 Km. (Sorry I don't have exact distance for return)
Old 5th June 2015, 12:13   #3063
BHPian

Back from Goa, left from BLR (HAL) at 3:00AM and reached Margao at 11:00AM. It was 8 hrs flat drive with 3 short breaks. Maintained 80-120 most of the time with my Honda City AT. BLR-HUBLI-RAMNAGAR-GOA is the best option compared to BLR-HUBLI-ANKOLA-GOA, you will save ~60Kms (approx 1hr). Being Goan, I always made sure to make it on time for lunch in Goa, however this time I was thrown in for a surprise to find myself having Goan Bhaji Pav for Breakfast.

PS: Impressive Mileage Figures !
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-11181237_10152839092751538_6204081136707892833_o.jpg  

Last edited by sary : 5th June 2015 at 12:15.
Old 6th June 2015, 23:51   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post

PS: Impressive Mileage Figures !
Wow!!! Just for the mileage figures. Our car has never gone past the 14kmpl mark. Kudos mate!
Old 12th June 2015, 15:32   #3065
BHPian

Folks, I am planning for a trip to goa in monsoon around last week of June. I shall be staying around Colva beach area. I have two queries for you.
i) I am planning to start around from my home in RamamurthyNagar Bangalore around 7am and reach around 3pm to Colva. The route under consideration for me is RamamurthyNagar-Hebbal-HMT-TajVivanta U Turn- Neelmangla-Bfast ( around 8.30)-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-Colva. How is the road condition from Bankapur to Colva via Karwar ? Is it the best route ?
ii) While returning I am planning to cover Jog Falls during the day drive back to Bangalore. Which route to follow from Colva to Jog and onwards to Bangalore?
Old 12th June 2015, 19:30   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Folks, I am planning for a trip to goa in monsoon around last week of June. I shall be staying around Colva beach area. I have two queries for you.
i) I am planning to start around from my home in RamamurthyNagar Bangalore around 7am and reach around 3pm to Colva. The route under consideration for me is RamamurthyNagar-Hebbal-HMT-TajVivanta U Turn- Neelmangla-Bfast ( around 8.30)-Bankapur-Yellapur-Karwar-Colva. How is the road condition from Bankapur to Colva via Karwar ? Is it the best route ?
ii) While returning I am planning to cover Jog Falls during the day drive back to Bangalore. Which route to follow from Colva to Jog and onwards to Bangalore?
The current best route is Bangalore-Hubli-Ramnagar-Mollem. The Hubli-Ramagar road is a 2 lane tolled road and in very good condition, Ramnagar-KA Border road is in decent condition and beyond that the road is very good.
Old 13th June 2015, 13:44   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
1.Hubli -Yellapur -Karwar and South Goa route is a standard route from Bangalore. The roads are excellent. The deviation from Haveri - Bankapur - Yellapur saves you a few tens of km - but some parts are a little bad in this state highway.

2. Goa - Karwar - Kumta - Honnavar -Jogfalls : Good roads upto Honnavar (NH17) and then reasonably good roads in 206. Then from Jog falls take this route: Sagar - Shimoga - Chitradurg and then the regular route.
Old 13th June 2015, 17:14   #3068
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Latest reports also mention that even the patchy Ramnagar Mollem stretch is all done up! Few folks who drove reported zero potholes.

Also, last few posts by various BHPians also refer the NH4A route as good (which has got eveb better now) that even this would end up becoming a Standard route.

After all, Dharwad to Ramnagar has Zero traffic almost, with excellent 2 lane SH Tarmac.
Old 13th June 2015, 22:57   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

2. Goa - Karwar - Kumta - Honnavar -Jogfalls : Good roads upto Honnavar (NH17) and then reasonably good roads in 206. Then from Jog falls take this route: Sagar - Shimoga - Chitradurg and then the regular route.
Have the roads improved from Honnavar to Jog in the last year or so? There isn't any good alternative, but this stretch was pathetic when we drove on the route in late July last year. Also, has the Shimoga - Chitradurga road improved? I had heard of bad potholed roads all the way.
Old 14th June 2015, 09:16   #3070
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Have the roads improved from Honnavar to Jog in the last year or so? There isn't any good alternative, but this stretch was pathetic when we drove on the route in late July last year. Also, has the Shimoga - Chitradurga road improved? I had heard of bad potholed roads all the way.
Not sure if Jog-Honnavar has improved. But many have been posting about it being OK. Of course thats a subjective assessment about just being OK to being pathetic! But you do have an alternative to not take Chitradurga-Shimoga. Take the Hassan 4-lane and do Nelamnagala-Channarayapatna-Arsikere-Bhadravathi-Shimoga.
Old 15th June 2015, 19:15   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Honnavar to Gersoppa is a dream to drive. This stretch has been widened and no issues at all. After Gersoppa the actual ghat begins and is a single road throughout till Jog Entrance but no potholes as such. Just be extra cautious while taking the hairpin curves on the ghat as the road itself is very narrow.
Old 17th June 2015, 19:09   #3072

did a Bangalore - Goa road trip in April 2015. I took the BLR-HUBLI-RAMNAGAR-GOA and returned back via the same route. The roads are excellent except the stretch from Ramnagar to Goa Border. Please see the following two video's if you are interested in further details.

Video 1: Descent to Goa after crossing karnataka border

Video 2: stretch from Hubli to Bangalore

rohittk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 09:13   #3073
BHPian

Friends, I am overwhelmed with your details on the Bangalore-Goa Route. I have decided to stick to the standard route Bankapur-Karwar-Goa. I have one more question regarding good stoppage points on the way from Bangalore for Breakfast and Lunch on the way. I am contemplating the Neelamangla HP Bunk Kamath for Bfast. Can you please suggest for lunch options on Bankapur-Karwar route to Goa ?
Old 19th June 2015, 09:21   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I am overwhelmed with your details on the Bangalore-Goa Route. I have decided to stick to the standard route Bankapur-Karwar-Goa. I have one more question regarding good stoppage points on the way from Bangalore for Breakfast and Lunch on the way. I am contemplating the Neelamangla HP Bunk Kamath for Bfast. Can you please suggest for lunch options on Bankapur-Karwar route to Goa ?
In Karwar, go to Amrut. The seafood there is yummy.
Old 19th June 2015, 09:33   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
In Karwar, go to Amrut. The seafood there is yummy.
Hey Buddy, I forgot to mention that I am a "Ghass Phoos" eater. . Please advice on something "Vegan".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks