Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 17:53   #3901
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Hi All,

Any good overnight stay options for family, say between 350-450 km from Bangalore?
I am traveling to Goa (siolim) next month. Will have an eighteen-month toddler in the car and hence wanted to keep the option of mid-way overnight break open, just in case she gets cranky.

She loves her long drives and we have done multiple 350-400 km trips with her without any issues. Since this will be considerably longer, just wanted to take additional precautions.
Old 9th August 2017, 18:02   #3902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Any good overnight stay options for family, say between 350-450 km from Bangalore?
- 270 Kms - Davanagere, Apoorva Resorts/ Sankama Botique Hotel
- 400 Kms - Hubli, Clarks Airport Hotel, Ambassador Hotel, Anant Residency, Ayodhya
- 500 Kms - Belgaum, Sankam Residency, Ramdev Hotel, Fairfield by Marriott

Check Popular portals for best rates and latest reviews.

Belgaum is applicable only if you are taking the Chorla route to Goa.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 19:43   #3903
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
- 500 Kms - Belgaum, Sankam Residency, Ramdev Hotel, Fairfield by Marriott
..and one more good option is Pai Resorts that is located right behind Sankam Residency

Last edited by NPV : 9th August 2017 at 19:44.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:33   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Back yesterday from a great trip to Goa. Since I was put up in Palolem, entered Goa through Karwar passing through some interesting roads. Forests, ghats, village roads (great condition) and beachside all in one drive. The drive through the forest on SH6, single laned but totally empty was one of the best parts. I could maintain the below timings with breaks

Bangalore to Goa (Onward)
Distance: 567 km
Total Duration: 8:32:13
Movement Duration: 7:54:42
Average Speed: 66 km/hr
Avg Moving Speed: 71 km/hr

Goa to Bangalore (Return) Lost time and average speed while entering Bangalore
Distance: 573 km
Total Duration: 8:44:59
Movement Duration: 8:20:18
Average Speed: 65 km/hr
Avg Moving Speed: 68 km/hr

Last edited by Altocumulus : 16th August 2017 at 10:36.
Old 16th August 2017, 15:57   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
If going to North Goa i would suggest taking the route via Belgaum-Jamboti-Chorla since the roads are really good on this stretch
I second your opinion Sir. I would recommend Bangalore - Kittur - Bidi - Jamboti - Chorla route. We tend to take MK Hubli road because we get a bit more of NH4 compared to Khanapur - Bidi - Kittur route. But said route is default route even for KSRTC buses plying from Khanapur towards Dharwad. From Kittur to Bidi road is in decent condition but watch out for speed breakers. After Bidi till Khanapur road is in good condition & wider than Bidi-Kittur route. This route is definitely faster than Bangalore - Belgaum - Chorla route.
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 16:30   #3906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
We tend to take MK Hubli road because we get a bit more of NH4 compared to Khanapur - Bidi - Kittur route.
Last weekend a team of colleague drove via MK Hubli only because they stayed at one of the member's home in Dharwad and then started for Baga.

The first feedback on MK Hubli route I got from them was that it was narrow and roads have gone bad.

So anyone wanting to try out MK Hubli option as on today, this is a caution to avoid that and instead stick to Kittur option and yes, this will be indeed faster than traversing Belgaum and then hitting Jamboti.
Old 21st August 2017, 07:08   #3907
BHPian

Any recent updates on Goa Bangalore road conditions starting from North Goa up to north Bengaluru.

Hi a*ed .I am also planning the Bangalore route from Mapusa through Jamboti Chorla to Hebbal Bangalore. Did you use a particular google map route? Where would I need to exit for Hebbal?

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2017 at 23:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 21st August 2017, 08:16   #3908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Back yesterday from a great trip to Goa. Since I was put up in Palolem, entered Goa through Karwar passing through some interesting roads. Forests, ghats, village roads (great condition) and beachside all in one drive. The drive through the forest on SH6, single laned but totally empty was one of the best parts. I could maintain the below timings with breaks
Hi did you take the Kumta - Karwar - Gokarna - cancona route? Is that better than the Hubli - Dharwad highway route? We will be travelling with a baby this weekend. Which would you suggest we take? We are also going to south Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Having gone through this thread, I understand it's the default route that Google Maps asks you to take while driving to South Goa? Here is what I have, is it all right? I plan to drive on 8th August, start around 4am.

I'd have the family with me, so sedate driving is all that is in order. Any suggestions on the route? Thanks!
Hi how was the roads on this route ? We are travelling this weekend with family and are going to south Goa too.

Mod Note: Instead of creating multiple posts back to back, please use multi-quote feature

Last edited by ampere : 21st August 2017 at 08:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 21st August 2017, 08:46   #3909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Any recent updates on Goa Bangalore road conditions starting from north goa up to north bengaluru
You can take Chorla if you are starting from North Goa.

North Goa - Chorla - Jamboti - Belgaum - Dharwad - Davanagere - Bangalore.

As an alternate to avoiding entering and exiting Belgaum, you can as well do

North Goa - Chorla - Jamboti - Khanapura - Kittur - Dharwad -Davanagere - Bangalore but remember that you will have to drive through some narrow single lane sections. It can be a major time saver depending on what time you will otherwise cross Belgaum (If you opt for the first route) and if you need a break at Belgaum which is an ideal location considering that there are lesser options till you cross Hubli anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Hi a*ed .I am also planning the Bangalore route from mapusa through jamboti chorla to hebbal bangalore.did you use a particular google map route?where would I need to exit for hebbal?
For reaching Hebbal, the straightforward option is via Outer Ring road by taking left at Goreguntepalya Junction.

To remember this easily : At the very first traffic signal once you enter Bangalore after descending from the NBTL elevated expressway, stick to left. By doing so, you will automatically be on the Free left corridor and you will realise that left is the only choice to go at the 2nd signal.

That's it - You are now on Outer Ring road.

A Narrow Railway Bridge followed by 2 Under Passes, 1 Railway Under Bridge followed by a Flyover (Big Bazaar on left) and you will hit a Major traffic Junction below flyover. This is Hebbal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuchi05 View Post
Hi did you take the Kumta - Karwar - Gokarna - cancona route? Is that better than the Hubli - Dharwad highway route? We will be travelling with a baby this weekend. Which would you suggest we take? We are also going to south Goa

Hi how was the roads on this route ? We are travelling this weekend with family and are going to south Goa too.
With Family and Baby on Board and South Goa as destination, please take Hubli - Kalhatgi - Yellapura - Ankola - Karwar - South Goa. This is ideal for your destination.

Road conditions remain good and that should be your last worry.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:20   #3910

Quote:
You can take Chorla if you are starting from North Goa.
=======
Road conditions remain good and that should be your last worry.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I was a little worried about the road since we are with a baby. Now will be at peace
shuchi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 15:35   #3911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuchi05 View Post
I donot know the Hubli Dharwad route since this is the first time I was travelling to Goa from Bangalore.

I took a break at Apoorva Resorts in Devangere and then took a left into SH6. This road goes through Mundgod, Yellapur, through the forest. I did not go till Kumta or Gokarna.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 15:48   #3912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
This road goes through Mundgod, Yellapur, through the forest. .
You exited the NH at Bankapura and then Mungod to Yellapur to merge with the Hubli - Karwar road there.

This one is the alternate route to reach the Yellapura road and is a time saver too.

However, not many here would prefer this (I do) because this passes through some narrow roads devoid of any facilities except Mungod town that itself has nothing to offer anyway. Can work out as a good detour if planned well.

For rest of the times (and reasons), the usual approach via Hubli Bypass - Kalhatgi - Yellapur is preferred.
Old 21st August 2017, 15:59   #3913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You exited the NH at Bankapura and then Mungod to Yellapur to merge with the Hubli - Karwar road there.

This one is the alternate route to reach the Yellapura road and is a time saver too.

However, not many here would prefer this (I do) because this passes through some narrow roads devoid of any facilities except Mungod town that itself has nothing to offer anyway. Can work out as a good detour if planned well.

For rest of the times (and reasons), the usual approach via Hubli Bypass - Kalhatgi - Yellapur is preferred.
True to that Parag. There will be no stops available on this route and it is totally empty. No fuel stops either. I used your thread which outlined the recommended stops which by the way helped a lot and thanks a lot for that. I stopped at Apoorva resorts and fueled up at the BP COCO after that before hitting SH6. This is definitely required if you are taking this route. Post that it was smooth sail to Palolem. While returning I stopped at the Kamat which is the first decent stop after coming out on the NH. This route definitely helped me save a lot of time, actually I was faster than Google by 1.5 hrs even including breaks.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 21st August 2017 at 16:01.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:20   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks after a long time back on Team-bhp, life took over so travels subsided. Going to Goa this long weekend and after reading through last few pages I take it that Bangalore - Khanapur - Jamboti - Candolim is the best route option. Planning to start by 5am. However, its interesting that Google map shows the Mollem - Ponda route as faster, how so if the road condition is bad?

Last edited by motomaverick : 22nd August 2017 at 08:21. Reason: Spellings
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:39   #3915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
However, its interesting that Google map shows the Mollem - Ponda route as faster, how so if the road condition is bad?
Absolutely remains good. Wider than Chorla and quite faster too.

This road off late has become a preferred option for Central and North Goan destinations, after-all this was always known as "Goa Road" popularly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks