Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 22:55   #3961
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To reach Kamat at Ankola you need to drive 2kms towards Mangalore once you hit the erstwhile NH17. This is also attached to CCD and IOCL.

Another option to reach Yellapura will be via Bankapura Mungod option which is definitely going to be scenic, sans traffic and time saving too.
I'm aware of this Kamat near Ankola.
Planning to take the Mundgod route.
With a 4am start, I think we can stop for breakfast at Kamat Ranebennur around 8:15-8:30am. So if we resume at 9, we can possibly be at the Tibetan monastery by 10-10:30, right ?
If we resume again by 11:30, can we reach Karwar by 2pm ?
Any decent veggie options in Karwar or would the Kamat at Ankola be a better option ?

*Mundgod seems to have quite a few monasteries, which ones are worth visiting ? Any restrictions at these places ?

The exit for mundgod - according to gmaps it shows a road about 500m after Bankapur toll connecting with SH 6. Is this the Bankapur bypass ? Or should we go further 2-3 km and then join the SH6 ? Seems unnecessary though.

Any breakfast options on the highway near Davanagere ? Apoorva resorts only or anything else ?

Last edited by NPV : 16th September 2017 at 23:09.
Old 17th September 2017, 15:24   #3962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
So if we resume at 9, we can possibly be at the Tibetan monastery by 10-10:30, right ?
Most likely yes. 90 Minutes sounds reasonable from Kamat, Ranebennur.

Quote:
If we resume again by 11:30, can we reach Karwar by 2pm ?
Any decent veggie options in Karwar or would the Kamat at Ankola be a better option ?
Again, this is reasonable. 2.5 Hours is good to be at Karwar from Mungod.

Quote:
*Mundgod seems to have quite a few monasteries, which ones are worth visiting ? Any restrictions at these places ?
This one is what I had visited. Comes to your right, after crossing Mungod town, towards Yellapura - Gaden Jangtse Monastery.

Quote:
The exit for mundgod - according to gmaps it shows a road about 500m after Bankapur toll connecting with SH 6. Is this the Bankapur bypass ? Or should we go further 2-3 km and then join the SH6 ? Seems unnecessary though.
If you will use Gmaps (I presume so) you should not really have this issue of taking the right exit. As we discussed, the ideal landmark would be the Delhi Darbar Lodge/Dhaba that you get almost immediately after the Bankapur toll Plaza on the left. Take this exit and then left and you will head towards Mungod.

Quote:
Any breakfast options on the highway near Davanagere ? Apoorva resorts only or anything else ?
Well, you have mentioned earlier that you would stop by at Kamat, Ranabennur and In my opinion, that makes a good stop. Apoorva to this Kamat will be 30 minutes at max and I will prefer Kamat over Apoorva when it comes to breakfast.

The only thing you get after this Kamat is another Kamat but on the right hand side, attached to CCD and IOCL before Motebennur.

The distance between these 2 Kamats will be ~25 Kms. Hence, based on your progress you can decide which one to opt for as the U-Turn for the Kamat on the right hand side almost right there.

Beyond these 2, there are no good places to stop and the fact that you will exit NH4 after Bankapura means you stop at these options only. Beyond this not much worth at least till Yellapura.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 21:07   #3963
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of queries:
1. Anyone who visited Magod falls and Jenukallu gudda viewpoint recently ?
How are the roads from Yellapur ? This year's monsoon has been good, can we expect a good flow of water at Magod in Mid-October ?

2. Gmaps suggests this route for Belgaum-Yellapur via SH1 (turn off at Nuggikeri, latch onto SH1 and go via Dhumvada to Ramanal and then hits the NH52 coming from Karwar to reach Kalghatgi and Yellapur).
How is the SH1 from Nuggikeri to Ramanal ? @Parag - is this the Tadas road that you mentioned as being good ?
Map Link

Quote:
The only thing you get after this Kamat is another Kamat but on the right hand side, attached to CCD and IOCL before Motebennur.
Just wanted to know if there are alternatives, but I think now I'll stick to Kamat Ranebennur.

Thanks Parag, have been to this Kamat as well few months ago when returning from a trip to Kumta, I think we discussed it on the Mumbai-Pune thread.

Last edited by NPV : 17th September 2017 at 21:24.
Old 17th September 2017, 23:30   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to know if there are alternatives, but I think now I'll stick to Kamat Ranebennur.
Like I have mentioned in my earlier comments on this thread, if looking for a place for good North Indian food for lunch or dinner in Harihara, one can visit Vaishnavi Restaurant (Google Map)
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 08:45   #3965
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
if looking for a place for good North Indian food for lunch or dinner in Harihara, one can visit Vaishnavi Restaurant
Thanks, but this may not be an option this time around since we're planning an early start from Bangalore and looking for breakfast options nearby Davanagere (don't want to detour inside the city).
Old 18th September 2017, 08:49   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Please check with Apoorva resorts, davanagere if they provide breakfast since they are on NH itself. You may contact them in advance.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 18th September 2017 at 08:50.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 09:09   #3967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Please check with Apoorva resorts, davanagere if they provide breakfast since they are on NH itself. You may contact them in advance.
They are open for breakfast and they have a sign that actually advertises that to say they are not just a resort but serve Breakfast too .

Having said that, Kamat is another 20-25m beyond this place including the wait at the next toll and with a 0400 start, Apoorva will be passed around 0645/0700. Kamat will be around 0730 and would ideally be the place to stop by.

Anyway, NPV will tell us finally where he stopped for breakfast when he returns as we all will be curious .

Quote:
How is the SH1 from Nuggikeri to Ramanal ? @Parag - is this the Tadas road that you mentioned as being good ?
Map Link
This is not Tadas road NPV but I can confirm that this route is in good shape.

I say this as bhpian speedsatya had taken this only 2 months before while on his way to Kolhapur but via Shimoga Yellapura. Yes, quite an unusual route but let me ask him to share some pics he had sent me on WA which I have now deleted.

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th September 2017 at 09:26.
Old 20th September 2017, 10:49   #3968
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to visit Goa during the long weekend next week; the plan is to leave Bengaluru by 6 AM from Electronic City and reach our stay in Dona Paula latest by 4-5 PM. May you please suggest the best route available; I have visited North Goa (Candolim) during 2015 wherein i took the Bangalore-Ranebennuru-MK Hubli- Khanapur-Chorla Ghats route.

PS.: As per the gmap, we should take the Anmod, Mollem route. However, having travelled on the MK Hubli-Khanapur-Chorla stretch, i would be more comfortable to stick to the same.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:04   #3969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
However, having travelled on the MK Hubli-Khanapur-Chorla stretch, i would be more comfortable to stick to the same.
When did you last take MK Hubli - Khanapur? I ask this because few colleagues took this last month and complained deteriorated stretches between MK Hubli and Khanapur.

Since you are headed to Dona Paula which is essentially Panjim, you can either take Belgaum - Chorla or to avoid Belgaum you can take Hubli Bypass - Alnavar - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla.

The other option that the map is suggesting (via Anmod) perhaps will be the cleanest in terms of road conditions end to end and if I were you and not wanting to take Chorla via Belgaum, I would take the Anmod route only.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:19   #3970
BHPian

Quote:
When did you last take MK Hubli - Khanapur? I ask this because few colleagues took this last month and complained deteriorated stretches between MK Hubli and Khanapur.
I travelled in January 2015. The stretch between MK Hubli and Khanapur was doable (not in pathetic shape) then and there was some road widening/repair work going on. Not sure of the current state.

Quote:
Since you are headed to Dona Paula which is essentially Panjim, you can either take Belgaum - Chorla or to avoid Belgaum you can take Hubli Bypass - Alnavar - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla.

The other option that the map is suggesting (via Anmod) perhaps will be the cleanest in terms of road conditions end to end and if I were you and not wanting to take Chorla via Belgaum, I would take the Anmod route only.
Thanks for the heads-up. Actually, Chorla via Hubli Bypass-Alnavar-Khanapur-Jamboti would be good as after having gone through the updates from fellow BHPians (here on the thread), it seems the ghat section in Anmod-Mollem route is narrow and steep. With full-load (elders and kids accompanying us) i don't want to take chances in these weather conditions.

Last edited by unleash_thunder : 20th September 2017 at 12:20. Reason: The quotes were not proper
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 13:19   #3971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
it seems the ghat section in Anmod-Mollem route is narrow and steep.
This is wrong, in comparison to Chorla. The Anmod ghat section is indeed wider, less twistier and more faster than Chorla any day. There are no 2 thoughts about it. If you haven't done Anmod before and you do this time, you will realise that and concur.
Quote:
With full-load (elders and kids accompanying us) i don't want to take chances in these weather conditions.
In current weather conditions (rains), Anmod again is the best bet than Chorla.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 13:22   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
This is wrong, in comparison to Chorla. The Anmod ghat section is indeed wider, less twistier and more faster than Chorla any day. There are no 2 thoughts about it. If you haven't done Anmod before and you do this time, you will realise that and concur.
In current weather conditions (rains), Anmod again is the best bet than Chorla.
Great then. Will try the default Anmod route.
Old 20th September 2017, 14:15   #3973
BHPian

All, Am traveling over the long weekend to Goa and have a small query: I'll be taking Hubli-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panijm-Candolim route. The last time I used this route during last september, there was widening work between Ponda and Panjim and the roads were terrible due to heavy rains. Could someone please tell me the current situation of this stretch ? Thank You!!
Old 25th September 2017, 14:58   #3974
BHPian

Hi All, i am traveling to Delta Eco huts near kanakumbi with family this coming weekend from Bangalore. Plan to start early on 29 and reach there by lunch time.

I am familiar with the route till dharwad. after that google maps is suggesting to take the MH hubli - khanapur - kanakumbi route. I also see another route from Kittur - Khanapur - Kanakumbi.

Anyone who has taken this route recently or frequents this route can let me know which is the better option among the above? also how is the road condition. thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 17:20   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Hi All, i am traveling to Delta Eco huts near kanakumbi with family this coming weekend from Bangalore. Plan to start early on 29 and reach there by lunch time.

I am familiar with the route till dharwad. after that google maps is suggesting to take the MH hubli - khanapur - kanakumbi route. I also see another route from Kittur - Khanapur - Kanakumbi.

Anyone who has taken this route recently or frequents this route can let me know which is the better option among the above? also how is the road condition. thanks
Since your destination is Kanakumbi which is hardly 35 kms from Belgaum, I would suggest you to take Bangalore--NH4--Belgaum--Jamboti--Kanakumbi. Clean roads with no bad patches anywhere, ensures a fast journey as well. Crossing Belgaum is a max 40 mins affair.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks