Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 11:55   #4936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

@vivek95, in some earlier posts you had mentioned about good road condition on Amboli ghat. I need to travel to Mumbai from Goa in December. For my Bangalore Goa trip I will take the Shimoga route. But for further journey, do you think Amboli ghat is good to take? I mean via Amboli, Ajara and then Nippani to hit NH-48.
Google recommends Anmod ghat, Tinai ghat bypass and then take NH-48. Bit confused.
Old 9th November 2020, 12:17   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
@vivek95, in some earlier posts you had mentioned about good road condition on Amboli ghat. I need to travel to Mumbai from Goa in December. For my Bangalore Goa trip I will take the Shimoga route. But for further journey, do you think Amboli ghat is good to take? I mean via Amboli, Ajara and then Nippani to hit NH-48.
Google recommends Anmod ghat, Tinai ghat bypass and then take NH-48. Bit confused.
Anmod ghat is good no doubt. Kindly check Mumbai--Pune--Goa thread for updates on Amboli--Ajara route. It is recommended for Pune/Mumbai presently.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:35   #4938
BHPian

Rajivtelang, If you are going to South Goa take the Anmod route. If your destination is North Goa take the Amboli ghat. My son took this route from Pune to Goa 2 days back and he said that the Maharashtra side is fine. Once you enter Goa and hit NH 48 it is hell. Roads dug up for 4 laning. The route is Kolhapur - Nipani - Uttur - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Mapusa. 5/6 km around Uttur is in a bad shape.

If you want to avoid part of travel on NH 48, leave the NH at Pernem and go on to Parse and Siolim. This is a quiter road and if you are not doing it on a weekend it is relatively quite. It will add a few km, but you avoid the mess on the NH.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th November 2020 at 12:38. Reason: Typos
hydtraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 22:03   #4939
BHPian

rajivtelang, sorry for wrongly mentioning NH 48. Should read it as NH 66
Old 9th November 2020, 23:21   #4940
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am planning to drive to Goa (south) from Bangalore in 2 weeks. While I was reading through the thread, there is a bit of confusion in the two routes mentioned. So we will be in 2 cars with 7 adults and 2 kids (less than 3 years). Which route would you suggest taking into consideration we will start by 6:00am from Bangalore and planning to leave Goa by 10:00am after breakfast and the road conditions. GC of the car will not be a problem for us.

Route 1: Bangalore ( Budigere Cross ) - Neelmangala- Tumkur - Chitradurga- Bankapur toll gate - Tadas - Kalaghati - Yellapur - Karwar - Goa (done by pranav_mankad). Even google is suggesting this route 613 kms.

Route 2: Bangalore-Hubli-Dharwad-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim-Candolim (done by 2500cc), as per google its 608kms.

So the distance is out of the question while choosing the route. Road conditions and safety are the factors.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
-DB
Old 10th November 2020, 07:18   #4941
Senior - BHPian

DBeast - Please check posts 4912 on ! Recommended was via Shimoga , Sahara. Longer route but better roads.

I plan to visit too , on 20th Nov. If the dates coincide and if it’s around the same departure time , we can say hello enroute.
Old 10th November 2020, 14:16   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
Hey Guys,

Route 1: Bangalore ( Budigere Cross ) - Neelmangala- Tumkur - Chitradurga- Bankapur toll gate - Tadas - Kalaghati - Yellapur - Karwar - Goa (done by pranav_mankad). Even google is suggesting this route 613 kms.

-DB
This is good for South Goa. Note that the road condition in Arbail ghat section is not good, so be careful there. You can also take the Bankapur-Mundgod-Yellapur route if you dont mind forest roads. . But Tadas-Kalgatghi is the most recommended and has been tried with good reviews by many.
If you are in a larger group of 2-3 cars, I would suggest taking the Mundgod route.
trahul4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:30   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
DBeast - Please check posts 4912 on ! Recommended was via Shimoga , Sahara. Longer route but better roads.

I plan to visit too , on 20th Nov. If the dates coincide and if it’s around the same departure time , we can say hello enroute.
Thank you @jkrishnakj, for the suggestion. Just to be sure are you referring to take this Bangalore - tumakuru - hiriyur - shivamogga - honnavar - gokarna - Karvar - goa route?

And why not, I will drop you a message with my number, if possible we will definitely say hello!

Cheers!
-DB
Old 17th November 2020, 23:33   #4944
BHPian

Looking to drive to Goa during Christmas, headed to Mobor beach. Based on the posts, I would take it's the Yellapur-Karwar route that's preferred? Google too recommends this. Or is the Shimoga-Gokarna route a better option?

Also on the return, I plan to take a break since I do not see starting before noon. What would be the good place for a night halt with a good hotel especially in these COVID times?

I am travelling with a 4 year old kid
Old 19th November 2020, 09:39   #4945
BHPian

Bumping up a previously asked question:

I may drive to Goa in December. If aware, please let me know the status of:
Bangalore-Hubli-Kalghatgi-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca route.

Is Chitradurga-Hubli driveable in a Honda City?

Any construction activity in Hubli bypass-Kalghathi-Yellapur?

And also plesae let me know the route condition from:
Hubli Dharwad bypass-Mugad-Alnavar-Londa-Ponda and then onwards. Is this the Anmod ghat route? Thanks.
Old 19th November 2020, 23:35   #4946
BHPian

I am driving to Goa next week. Have heard that the road from Belgaum is bad due to some repair work and going through Karwar is the best route.

Wanted to check the status of the road if anyone has taken the route recently. Also i will be going in a small car. Will it be comfortable to drive through the ghat section in hatchback. any other inputs to be considered will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 20th November 2020, 09:01   #4947
BHPian

I have driven with family in Honda Jazz Belgaum-Khanapur-Bhimgad Wild Life Sanctuary-Anmod-Ponda last month. Except for a few patches up to Khanapur, the road is very much motorable and I covered the drive non-stop in 4 hours (at or below posted speed watching the beautiful scenery through Bhimgad and Bhagwan Mahavir Wild Life Sanctuaries!). Watch out for the lack of proper boundary between the pavement and drainage in Anmod ghat on Karnataka side (as someone else also mentioned in this thread) but the road is wide enough though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
I am driving to Goa next week. Have heard that the road from Belgaum is bad due to some repair work and going through Karwar is the best route.

Wanted to check the status of the road if anyone has taken the route recently. Also i will be going in a small car. Will it be comfortable to drive through the ghat section in hatchback. any other inputs to be considered will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 23:28   #4948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post

Also on the return, I plan to take a break since I do not see starting before noon. What would be the good place for a night halt with a good hotel especially in these COVID times?

I am travelling with a 4 year old kid
Hi,
Assuming you take back the Karwar route , I would recommend halting at Hubli. You have many options for comfortable stay. If you have the budget , go for Denissons, which is pretty close to my house. It’s among the best in Hubli. If on a tight budget , you can also check The president hotel. I don’t know the current prices , but two years ago it was very reasonable considering the service and luxury.

Feel free to DM me if you need more details to halt in Hubli , if you find it convenient. Will be happy to help.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:08   #4949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Hi,
Assuming you take back the Karwar route , I would recommend halting at Hubli.
Appreciate your inputs however the Google map route through Karwar is showing the route via Shimoga not Hubli, should I plan to take the Hubli route instead?

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 23rd November 2020 at 12:08. Reason: Fixed a Typo
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:05   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Appreciate your inputs however the Google map route through Karwar is showing the route via Shimoga not Hubli, should I plan to take the Hubli route instead?
Indeed you are right , my apologies I did not cross check with maps. I am not sure about the road condition via Shimoga. May be you can plan a halt there( Map says 6 hours drive from Mobor). But then, I have never been there( I want to though).

If you take Hubli route , you will reach Hubli in 4-5 hours from Mobor. Then you can take the Bangalore highway , which is almost 6 lane now except for Davengere to Durga. As per maps Hubli-BLR is 6 odd hours ( roughly it took 7 hours in my Bolero with sedate speeds). This will be a longer route though as compared to Shimoga.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks